“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #14 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
Ottawa
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was my third stay at the Tribe and I throughly enjoyed it. The architecture is great and the hotel has nice local artwork. The rooms are small but comfortable.

Next to the hotel, there is short safe path to the Village shopping centre where you can find a grocery store, a food court, money exchange and other shops.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Wow..what a great spot out in the "burbs" of Nairobi near all the embassies. A very unique & lovely spot with a great staff, and outstanding manger & a safe & secure location. There is great local art work throughout the property including your room! Neat mood lighting in the the rather smallish but comfortable rooms. Even little packs of local coffee in the room!Restaurant was great & we especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet daily. Kenya coffee...to die for!Some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and a really nice gym. Take care to remember your working out at altitude though.
Very convenient to have "The Village" shopping area a very short walk away..which includes plety of shopping & dining.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had a lengthy stay at the Tribe Hotel in Nairobi and couldn't have asked for better service and comfort. The hotel is architecturally beautiful and provides several social areas ideal for any occasion. The staff is above and beyond and attentive to your every need. I look forward to a return visit to the Tribe and definitely encourage all travelers to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have recently been here for dinner and to use the Spa services...both experiences were wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to family, friends and colleagues!

The staff are friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed December 2012
Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I discovered this hotel 2 years ago. I have never been an overnight guest but I have been to Jiko restaurant severally and it is wonderful. Kaya Spa is very plush and beautifully designed. Sadly I had a bad experience with their massage done by a certain therapist. The room was cold and the intensity of the massage was much too vigorous. As a result my low-grade illness I had at the time was severely worsened by the effect of the massage on my lymphatic system. When I gave the therapist this feedback she dismissed my case as a "healing reaction." Not! - Immediately afterwards, I was completely down for two days! I still recommend Kaya spa to my friends, just not that particular therapist, and I am a HUGE fan of the Tribe hotel.I truly believe it is one of Kenya's very best and I most thoroughly enjoy going there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our first trip to Kenya and we decided to stay at the Tribe Hotel 2 nights before our tour began at the Fairmont Nairobi hotel. The location of The Tribe is in a very pretty area of Nairobi near the U.N. compound and the U.S. Embassy. When you first arrive, you pass through a gated area which entrances to a local mall or shopping village. You must then pass through another gate and armed security to get into the hotel parking lot. They take their security very seriously which I was happy to see. All around the hotel, the flowers were in full bloom - everything from bougainvilla to hibiscus and other tropicals. The hotel was very modern and very eclectic - great sitting areas and bars inside and an outdoor bar called the Nest which overlooks the lovely pool. At night the pool and surrounding area is lit beautifully. The room was wonderful and again very eclectic but very comfortable. Many of the guests seemed to be younger than us, but that's not hard to do and many were likely European but I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The concierge contracted for a driver to take us to the Karen Blixen museum and to the Giraffe Center. Our driver was very well educated and interested in our thoughts of his country and wanted to share his knowledge with us which we appreciated. One last thing, we did take advantage of the spa and had massages after our long flights. The spa was beautiful and we felt rejuvenated after an hour of pampering. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cranbrook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

After briefly visiting Tribe for drinks in September, I was keen to try it for my latest visit to Nairobi. I must say that staying here was a wise choice - this is my kind of hotel. Comfortable and with all the ameneties one wants on the road...but more importantly, it really captures the modern Nairobi identity, an identity that has moved beyond staid history, and moved beyond the Überpampering found at many of the classic hotels in town. Tribe is the heart of new Nairobi, vibrant, innovative, detail oriented, and fun. The design captures this, and the staff and service exude it at all times. There is no concept of colonial era deference to visitors; instead hotel guests are treated in a helpful and friendly manner that is friendly and genuine. I really appreciated that, almost as much as I appreciated the rainshowers, modern gym with free personal trainer, and great beds.

Finally, a couple of things that also stood out are often pet peeves of mine: charges for bottled water and for internet. At Tribe, you get unlimited bottled water at no charge, and free wifi (among the fastest in town). All in all, nice touches that will bring me back again.

Room Tip: A lot of unique options due to the design...2nd floor wings are quiet (228 is furthest from the elev...