“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Nairobi
Forked River, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Very trendy hotel.. The service was stellar. I had a very early flight and explained that upon check-in, they immediately set up a take away breakfast for me. The food at the Restaurant was delicious- steak filet cooked perfectly. Security was very good as you would expect in the area it is located.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the best Spa treatment i have ever experienced. Well worth the price! My masseuse was very professional, worked every knot in my back, hands and feet. Well worth the price. The aromas were inviting and the rooms were clean and very modern. The massage started off with a coffee scented rub, followed by a shower then a chocolate cream polish , after which i got the best massage. It left me relaxed and glowing. I will def go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Nest bar and restaurant within the Tribe has a great atmposphere for having a couple of drinks with friends and smoking some shisha.However, I recently noticed that the reception you get-and I have been there several times- depends on the people you are with.I would get a very warm welcome when in the company of my white friends....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband & I spent 1 night at the Tribe Hotel with another couple before continuing on to the Masai Mara. Overall, it was a very nice stay and we would recommend it to anyone visiting Nairobi.

Room/Property - The property was lovely, very modern, clean and nice layout. I am not sure how new it is but it appeared to be very new in terms of design. Our room was great - very clean with fresh white linens, flat screen tv and modern bathroom. The only downside was the room was quite small, and the bathroom separate the bedroom area (and the bed) by a thin sliding wall. Being that we only spent 1 night here to get a good night's sleep and hot shower, this was perfect for that. I can't stress enough also how clean it was - the bedding especially looked/felt brand new.

Food/Beverage - We arrived to late to try any of the main restaurants so had a quick dinner in the bar. The food was ok, but the bar menu for drinks was great with a number of great wine and cocktail options. Unfortunately we couldn't partake in the buffet/included breakfast the morning we left due to timing, but we went down briefly and it looked great. Plenty of options, specialty stations, bright open restaurant, etc. We were sorry we didn't have time to sit down to eat!

Staff - The staff are the main reason we are giving this hotel a "very good" instead of an "excellent" review, however we knew what to expect ahead of time as a result of reading these forums. The staff were fine as a whole, and no one was outright rude, they just didn't seem to care. We were told the rooftop was open until 11:30 for food/drinks, however when we arrived there at 11 the staff told us they were closed. We asked about the hours and were basically told, "we decided to close now". After flying all day were were hungry so retreated to the bar and asked to order off the room service menu. The staff seemed annoyed by this and at first told us no, however after pushing the issue they did accomodate. The morning of check-out also seemed to be a bit disorganized with multiple people checking out at once. I had to ask for my copy of a receipt twice, and the whole process probably took a good 20 minutes (which felt like a long time considering there was only 1 person ahead of me in line).

Security - We were anxious to visit Nairobi due to the heightened security issues, but we felt safe here for our brief stay. Our car was checked both entering/leaving and there was a gate with guards present 24 hours a day to enter/exit the property. It's also quite close to the US embassy, which I guess could either be good or bad in terms of overall security.

I have seen many reviews in terms of the hotel's business capabilities which did not apply to us, however we did see the meeting space off our floor and it looked great. This - with the handful of restaurant/bar options on site (*as long as during operation hours), made it clear to me that this was popular for business travelers and I would agree.

Overall, a nice CLEAN stay!

Room Tip: anything larger than their smallest offered room would be ideal
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

As a Kenyan, and a Nairobi resident for that matter, I have to express my pride in being associated with such a great and beautiful Hotel. What with the rooms that take your breathe away, the magnificent lounge, lunch at the swimming pool, the service..... the list is endless. I have attended several workshops there, and dined with friends and family, and I can only say "Najivunia kuwa Mkenya!" - I'm proud to be Kenyan!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I recently held a meeting here and chose this venue due to its location in the embassy quarter of the city and its excellent conferencing facilities. Beautiful and trendy venue with fantastic food and service. Great pool & spa too. Will be booking again for next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My daughter and I spent a month in Kenya--did orphanage, womens health, safari and had a very wonderful time exploring this country. Our last 3 days were spent at the Tribe Hotel. What an amazing way to end a vacation. 5 star accommodation-3 years old and very trendy. It was well worth the money we spent to finally have a hot shower, bottled water waiting and clean white sheets! Had a large t.v with sitting arean and coffee table. Also, a desk area for work, phone etc. I especially loved the shower---and the fluffy bathrobe!! It was great to have a safe in the room as well. The breakfast was included and it was very, very good food. You can walk 50 steps out the front, up a path with security and open the gate to enter the Village Market. A large, new outdoor mall with many shops to choose from. Also, the Maasai Market comes there once a week for that last minute souvenir you may need to take home. Make sure to try out the Italian Restaurant over there. We left feeling much needed refreshment and rest, ready for that long plan ride back to the states. Taxi ride to airport was 1 1/2 hours during busy traffic time ($3,000 ksh) but normally 40 minutes. Don't miss out staying at this beautiful hotel, you will love it! Would definately go back!! It was nice to stay out of the city center and be in beautiful surroundings--it is also very close to the US embassy. Book it now!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!