“Safe Place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tribe Hotel

You added Tribe Hotel to your Saves list
Tribe Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limuru Road | The Village Market, Gigiri, Nairobi 00621, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #11 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Djibouti, Djibouti
“Safe Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I found the Hotel very safe and I thing this is very important in Nairobi.
I read the reviews and I expected a really good Hotel, instead I found an average place with average service.
Wifi was for free in the hotel. Has ac, hot water clean towels etc.
The rooms were disappointing. In the mini bar was 1 small bottle of coca and on orange juice. The toilet has no door. A bit too modern for me. The bathroom has some missing items, like no toilet brush. Is raining every day in Nairobi but there is no kit for polishing Shoes. They do have a note saying that they can polish the shoes for you.
The room service are very noisy. I do not know how did they manage to slam the doors like this.
There were some nice people at reception and at the door. The staff of the restaurant was also nice. I would not complain for the service but the doors were very noisy and the room is not at high standard, rather average and with some weak points.
I have to say that I did feel very safe and It does matter. I would give 5 stars for this.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Hands down the best business hotel I've stayed at in Africa. Though it's not cheap, it doesn't ding you for extras: the 24-hour business centre, in-room wifi, fine little fitness centre, concierge service, baggage holding, lending library and an excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast are all included, as are the first round of items from the minibar and nightly chocolates with turndown. While rooms have all the modern conveniences such as a rainshower, a variety of international electrical outlets, room safe and quiet airconditioning, the decor and incredible public artwork place you firmly in Africa, while the courteous, attentive staff remind you you're definitely in hospitable Kenya. Quibbles: my colleagues and I all had toilets that dripped all night and because the tanks are built into the wall, that was beyond our power to fix. There is no top sheet on the bed, only a duvet that was so warm I had to use the air conditioning instead of just opening a window. The lobby could sometimes be noisy till late - try to make sure your room is off the beaten track.

The Kaya spa is a world of its own, great value and very peaceful. Nicest sendoff of all: I checked out quite late, after 3 pm, and they didn't charge me for the extra half-day as I had fully expected.

larnaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I had looked it up on the web site and it looked great, but I didn't believe it. Anyway we arrived fine, we were checked in smoothly and the rooms were.......... just as good as expected. They were great.Open plan bathroom/loo which is not a problem to me.
Lovely big bed and great linen. Turn down service at night which was very nice.
All staff were really polite and smiley.
I have been stuck in the middle of nowhere for too long, but I have not forgotten what a good standard of hotel is like, so I had a great stay. Thank you

Waimate, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Hotel was recommended so moved over. What a great decision. Newly appointed and close to the centre of Gigiri so handy to everything. Rooms are very well appointed and free wireless internet available. Menu has variation and very comprehensive. But the jewel in the Crown is the 3 minute walk to the Village Market next door and the comprehensive food court selection. Also some great restaurants and Cafes.

Room Tip: Front side rooms have a bath. 4th floor has a somewhat raucous bar
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is one of the best boutique hotel in East and Central Africa.I got warm reception from the porters from the Taxi,got a welcoming fruit and the check-in process was that fast less than 10 minutes.The room was fabulous and a little heaven in heaven-it was like a small presidential suite.
I loved there dinner and breakfast,swimming pool is amazing.The overall hotel architectural design is very unique.
To sum-up this hotel is value for your money and i will have to go back before the year ends.Not forgetting Oliver from the reception desk was very helpful,Also Vivian from inhouse dining was very prompt when it came to room service.
Keep up the good service.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

Amazing was pleased with every thing next am gonna take my future wife there ps love it

• Stayed December 2010
Hoboken, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

After a long flight from NYC we were greeted by the desk clerk with I have" some good news and some bad news regarding your reservation"....I had made the reservation via "Jetsetter "in Dec. of 2010 when the hotel had just openned. I reconfirmed the reservation 5 days before we left and assured that they had my reservation. After our safari driver had left indicating that we would be picked up at 7:00am the next morning, we were told the "bad news" was the hotel did not have a room for us and the "good" news was they had rebooked us at the Southern Sun Mayfair. After arguing with them about their lack of sincerity in the claim that a guest had gotten sick and had stayed in the room reserved for us, and requesting a refund of my money (which they denied)they finally agreed to provide us transport to the other hotel and a return in the morning so we could meet our driver. While the Mayfair was acceptible , it certainly was not the Tribe...I would be concerned about any reservations I had with this hotel and not recommend it for reliability.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
TribeHotel, General Manager at Tribe Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear Meowroman,

Thank you for your review dated October 20, 2011.

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your disappointment. Your feedback is highly appreciated and valued greatly
I completely understand that all a person would want after a long flight is their hotel guest room; there is no excuse for you to have not had this at Tribe. I am truly concerned about how the matter was handled and I would like to assure you that I am personally looking into it with our Front Office Department.

I am pleased to inform you that we have fully reimbursed Jetsetter for your booking.
Please contact me directly the next time you plan to come to Kenya and I will personally make certain a memorable stay at Tribe!

Kind Regards,

Mark Somen

Been to Tribe Hotel? Share your experiences!