“Free Wifi at Artcafe” 4 of 5 stars

Westgate, Mwanzi Road, Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 318 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Free Wifi at Artcafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

with free wifi, its a good place to stop off for a breakfast while catching up with the rest of the world. The breakfasts are great value and the pumpkin pizza is great. The staff generally leave you be, and the coffee is good. A bit on the pricey side, but you get to see the world go by on the terrace (albeit westlands traffic)

Visited June 2013

79% Recommend
Orpington, United Kingdom
“A modern European type reataurant the only decent Pizza I have had in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Four of us had planned a meeting at the Artcaffe. Although full the waiters made arrangements to have to twoseater tables put together for us. The first time I hada good Pizza in Nairobi. Nice coffee too. The Croissants were excellent. The ambiance good not too noisy but lively. Lots of young people and others having meetings too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great pastries, pizzas, and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Consistently good food and service in Nairobi. The pizzas are great and the cocktails are well made. A popular spot with the expat and local crowd alike. Service has always been attentive and prompt.

It is our go-to spot for pizza and margaritas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Hedland
“Terrible service or another case of Racism”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After reading about this restaurant review on facebook I remembered an issue i had with my wife at the Art caffe in Junction. We were meeting a friend for dinner at a nearby suburb, but we got early to beat the Ngong Road jam so we decided to go to Art Caffe Junction for some light drinks before proceeding to our friends place. We got to the restaurant and ushered ourselves in as no one was at the door and got a seat at the terrace. It must have taken about 15-20 minutes before anyone came to attend to us despite sitting directly to the exit door and next to the POS. As a matter of fact i had to literally yell out to to one waiter as she was criss-crossing past us pretending not to see us. After a complaining to the lady I think she was a head waiter we got a waiter to serve us but had an attitude.We didn't care much as we thought they were just tired. I ordered Dawa(cocktail) and my wife ordered a glass of red wine. The dawa was the first to come and was told to hold on for the red wine. I must say dawa was just like sugar and spirite as a matter of fact i had to inquire if any alcohol was put in. For the red wine, mmmmm..... we waited and waited and waited almost 30 minutes after ordering i had to go to the counter to inquire what was going on.. Ans NO WINE GLASS, well we gave them another 20 or so minutes after inquiring still no red wine by this time our dinner date was just about so we left with no Red wine!!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Ambiance gets you there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Well, the Artcaffe. This was my most pleasant new addition coming back to Kenya this summer. The artcaffe is a fairly new restaurant, with about 3 or four branches- 3 in Nairobi and 1 in Mombasa I think having started in 2009. I stumbled upon this particular one at the Westgate mall in Westlands while looking for the classic coffee shop with wifi to pass the day etc etc. The truffle kiosk (which is also just divine) next to the Artcaffe is quite frankly how I got here.

So well, while the Artcaffe turned out to be more a casual dining place than the classic Starbucks, great internet notwithstanding, I definitely knew I was carving a niche when I was there the third time that week. The food is a delight. The pizza a must have. The home fries- very wet for your normal home fries though- I could have everyday. However, many many food reviews have been written about this little jem, to make this a drop in the ocean if it be one. So I will talk for the ambiance.

The ambiance will make for half the delight I'll tell you that. The dark wood and cream makes for such a romantic atmosphere to suit formal dinners and the sort, the outside shop with the laid back sun lounges perfect for those with agendas like mine- coffee, wifi, and people- watching and the kiosk, well, for the grab and go- for which you should ask for their 6-9am coffee and pastry offer :) Unbelievable!

They have got a live jazz band that comes in every Wednesday. Last time Kavutha sang about 6ft from me. So you know- go! Their music repertoire is also very quite riche. They had me at Piano man- what do I say.

One final one, they aren't known for their almond croissants for gaffes. You will not have been here until you have these. Definitely go. I know I will again and again :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere