“Great Place in Kenya” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Place in Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you want a relaxing atmosphere and a inexpensive place for lunch or brunch this is a great place to go. It is one of my favorite places to just grab a bit or coffee. A place where locals go for business and things.

Visited March 2013

“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

artcaffe has a variety of food... i still havent tried everything on their menu for vegetarians... yummy delicious deserts and great value for money. their white sangria is absolutely yummy.

Visited February 2013
Nairobi
“Snooty Service, Food made me ill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A few months ago I went to Artcaffe at Galleria Mall. I bought a ham and cheese sandwich, and was ill for three days afterwards. I went back to tell them about it and the manageress (at least she said she was the acting manageress) just told me "Sorry about that".
No questions, she couldn't care less.

Then today I finally went back there, looking for some coffee and a do nut or something. I was pleasantly surprised to see a special of Coffee and Croissant, so I asked for that, only to be told "Sorry - you're 15 minutes late".
Then I was told its "policy".

Really? 15 minutes late? You weren't busy at all, and if you had bent the rules a little bit I would probably stop past there every day for my coffee and croissant. So you lose. Sorry for you.

Terrible, snooty service (and obvious hygiene problems, without a care to fix them - I wont be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Duncan052
Arusha, Tanzania
“Great food but service is so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always like the food that is creatively presented and is always fresh. Sometimes the wait staff are a bit blase about their work. My kids love it and its a nice place to chill on Sudany morning at Junction Mall. Smoked salmon bagel is my favorite as its not easy to find in Nairobi. If this place was anywhere in the western world it would be very ordinary but for Nairobi its great. Working in Juba makes me appreciate this type of cafe.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The management are effective such that the serving whatever is good. The dishes are well designed and very tasty. The staff are hand picked by the manager and do an excellent service.

Visited March 2013