“Nice place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Westgate, Mwanzi Road, Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 354 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Nairobi
“Nice place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Great food, good service, decent ambiance, pocket friendly place for family an friends to relax and enjoy

Nairobi, Kenya
“Great cuisine....Trendiest restaurant...around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I kinda turned Art cafe Westgate into my work/social meeting arena...a combination of great ambiance,service ,entertainment and above all delicious meals....they make me eat anything wheat...as i much i vowed to avoid.....the Pizza...jus fantastic.....the sandwiches mmmmh perfect treat for my taste buds....I happen to mostly like their nicely brewed tea as good as mine at home;) ...best part is their pricing...very affordable...Artcafe has always topped my refferal venue for friends and business associates.... of course i didnt forget their fast n free wifi...how great!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
“Chef was having a bad day but manager still wanted us to pay for bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our french onion soup was doughy and yucky and the fish fillet was very under cooked. They took off the inedible soup from our bill but wanted me to pay for the raw fish then they would throw in a free piece of cake! That was not the point! I felt that the manager on duty did not take my complaints seriously so I had to firmly re-state my grievances later to the next duty manager on the following shift before my meal of fish and chips was replaced. Very sad experience thoroughly clouded my afternoon meeting there with a very important visitor who was in Kenya only briefly. She was quite shocked and appalled by the poor customer service. I appreciate that they did eventually (2 hours later) replace my meal with properly done fish but It was unnecessary stress having to fuss and even threaten them with negative media publicity for them to actually replace the bad food. I will not be returning to that particular Art Caffe - quite frankly I'll be giving ArtCaffe a break for a while - there are too many other good eateries in Nairobi where I can happily spend my money. I feel I should not have to fight for a restaurant employee to hear my complaints and act on them fairly when they are the ones at fault.

Visited November 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Refreshing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

After living for several years in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, and a week at a conference/retreat centre north of Nairobi, coming to Artcaffe at the Village Market for dinner was a refreshing experience! Wonderful ambiance, decor, and service. Nice variety of offerings on the menu. The food was good, but not quite what we expected. My wife found her chicken dish rather dry, and my Chicken Caesar salad featured limp rather than crisp salad and a dressing that was decidedly not like any Caesar dressing I've ever had. But all in all, a good meal and a pleasant evening.

Visited November 2012
New Braunfels, Texas
“Great people watching and wonderful ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

So stumbled upon Cafe Brasserie by Art Caffe while roaming around the Village Market. It's light and airy and has a great balcony overlooking the shoppers coming and going. They offer light breakfasts, take aways, great sandwiches and salads and casual dinners with wine and beer choices. The desserts looked wonderful but had no room for them after dinner. Good choice if you are staying at the Tribe Hotel and want something different or if shopping in the area and decide you need a coffee fix! The Village Market is extremely safe as you will see lots of armed security everywhere.

• Visited October 2012