“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandavy Guest House - Kilimani

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sandavy Guest House - Kilimani
Ramona, California
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

David,
Thanks to all of your staff who gave new meaning to customer service! Anytime I needed something or turned around, there was Liz. Moses's makes a great Lasagna:) Rooms were clean and very affordable. Sharon San Diego, USA

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Being my first trip to Africa I didn't know what to expect... David and staff took care of my every need, gave good counsel and provided a level of service I only wish I could find in the States. My goals for this trip were different than the typical tourist but David didn't shy away from helping me achieve my purpose. The staff was very friendly and amazingly helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was a great week!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I first stayed here when I was in Nairobi during an extended time (10 months or so) in Kenya and Tanzania, and returned here by strong preference on a shorter visit to Kenya in August 2011. Sandy (a Canadian) and David (a Kenyan) run a quiet garden-setting bed and breakfast that feels like being at home. They are very friendly people, as are all members of their staff. There are a few minor inconveniences -- as, for example the fact that several of their rooms have the bathroom in a separate room next door to the room itself, though several are set aside as private to the room. The rooms are very nicely appointed, and the breakfast provided is more than ample, A refrigerator in the dining room has drinks for a price (on an honor system with sign-up sheets, A little shopping center, Adams Arcade on Ngong Road is easy walking distance. It boasts a Java Coffee shop that serves meals, and a new Indian restaurant that offers delicious Punjabi style food for very reasonable prices, David also runs a travel agency from an in-house office, and has done a great job of arranging flights for me to Lamu and Kigali. In a city very full of the noise of traffic virtually all of the time, this is a quiet little oasis worth seeking out. They are on Ndemi Close, just off of Ndemi Road. Reserve well ahead of time, since they have an excellent reputation and are sometimes booked up far in advance, Their website is: http://www.nairobiguesthouse.com/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the Sandavy guest house for six nights while on a business trip to Nairobi in May 2012. It is comfortable, friendly, safe, clean, and well run. Virginia (on reception desk) was always cheerful and helpful, and Moses (in the kitchen) produced excellent meals on request.

It is situated a few kilometers outside of the city centre, which gives it a calmer, and quieter feel, but it is only a short distance from two modern shopping malls (Junction mall and Yaya mall). I found the cafes at these malls to be good locations for meetings.

Overall I felt very well looked after by David and his staff, and I would stay again. The only improvement I would suggest would be investment in solar heated water, as the current electric showers permitted too small a flow of water through them for my liking.

Room Tip: If you want a large room with ensuite bathroom, then the Flamingo is the one to ask for.
Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hertfordshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Sandavy Guest House is really excellent. The rooms are immaculate and the staff so helpful and friendly. We stayed three nights. The breakfasts were good, the laundry service fast and efficient, the sitting room really comfortable with free use of a computer and the internet.
We also liked the "honesty" bar/fridge stocked with sodas and beer.
There is a shopping mall nearby.
Sandavy is a home from home not just a B&B

We had a good day touring Nairobi organised for us by Sandavy and also three days safari to Amboseli and Tsavo. Our driver James was excellent. The land rover had comfortable seats and an open viewing roof which was just about big enough for the two of us to view simultaneously.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Didsbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We feel fortunate to have found a safe, quiet resting place, both for following lengthy travels to Kenya and preceeding the long trip home. It is easy to book accommodation with the friendly staff and worthwhile to arrange for delicious meals cooked by Moses if you prefer to stay in. We had good service with transportation to where we wanted to travel around the city, and David & Sandi were only too pleased to assist us with our needs. We have been travelling to Kenya for about 25 years and are satisfied to look no further for accommodation and service.
R & B from Canada

Room Tip: love the ensuite room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My friend and I found Sandavy almost by accident, and thankfully we did. The guest house itself was so comfortable, nice and safe but the staff made the stay worthwhile. More than anything Sandy and David the owners and especially James, our amazing safari guide and driver, made our time in Kenya the best ever. I highly recommend Sandavy for reliable, safe, honest, reasonable and comfortable accommodations and safari tours. Thank you Sandy, David and James!!

Room Tip: We stayed in group rooms and didn't see the private rooms, but the bathrooms are not always atta...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sandavy Guest House - Kilimani? Share your experiences!