“Serenity away” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Istanbul, Turkey
“Serenity away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I and my husband had our lunch at Le Rustique few weeks back. Actually I heard so much about this restaurant but somehow never got a chance up until now. Now I know why my friends kepts telling me about this place. It is surrounded by beautiful big trees, you feel like you are in natioanl park. Even though it is very close to main attractions you do not hear any noise, or smell a dust. Menu is extensive with its food options. The food was delicious and service has been done by smiling local people. Even though we went there for lunch, took a quick look over their brakfast/brunch menu which seemed wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place. I heard dinners are very crowded with locals and expats. And for weekend you have to make a reservation.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Good "multitask" place where you can come for lunch, drinks, clothes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I come regularly to Nairobi and have been at this place a few times already over the last years. It is conveniently located in Westlands not too far from the shopping mall, has enough parking area, and despite the saying that you have to book, there is always place .... I have been here on the terrace for beers in the evening, for coffee in the morning, and now this time for lunch. I had an excellent grilled calamari, very well done, not too much, just enough, really very well, an itsy pitsy spicy. My congratulations, I will come again

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“After years of having lunch/brunch/dinner there, no more!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am a resident in Nairobi. I used to enjoy going there but not any more. I took my important guest there last night and main course was awfully salty. I politely spoke to the waiter that my guest had only one bite and stopped eating. I tried to continue eating my food but mine also tasted nothing but salt. The waiter spoke to the management lady whom I do see very often there. Her gesture showed "don't be burdened as others are eating." The waiter's attitude changed from being OK to rather rude. He immeditely took away our food and showed desert menu. Literally we had not eaten at all. They, of course, later charged us full amount - for the food we could not eat. One could die by eating such salty food if one comes everyday. By the way, the waiter did not even ask if we wanted to take the food home (in case we can.... re-cook with something else so that it would not be as salty as that). Our plate was full of food. On another note, the waiter kept kicking my guest's chair every time he passed. My guest was very annoyed as it was so frequent. Any way, I am totally disappointed with the attitude of both the managment and the waiter. They perhaps did not realize we were oberving how they were talking. After all those years of dropping tens of thousands of KSH there - I will never go back there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect for a Lazy sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place has some seriously good cheescake. The breakfast is good - they are famous for their crepes. We had a great time just hanging out for a very lazy brunch. The mimosa's are excellent and overall it offered great value. Kids are kept entertained in the far end of the garden, so its relatively quiet - perfect for those who indulged a bit too much in Kenyan nightlife the night before ;) I would definitely visit there again.

Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food and evening ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant is open for dinner once a week on Wednesdays, otherwise its mainly a lunch / daytime venue. The menu is quite varied - not necessarily French as I had expected from the name. I had the salmon (I did have to send it back as it was seared as stated on the menu but slightly under-seared in my opinion!), my colleagues had tilapia, and there were lots of other alternatives as well.

The chocolate fondant dessert was excellent!

Visited June 2013