“Good food bad service for me” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 346 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Good food bad service for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went to Misono with a group of friends. The food was really great and I loved it.
However I felt offended by our waiter but I managed to maintain my calm. He began with serving some salad and soup to everyone and left me out. Well another waiter brought them and apologized. So I actually had my starters when the others got the main. Then I had to stare at the others eat because my main was served when they were done. I was the only black person out of my 5 friends and was wondering if that might be the reason why. It was a full definition for bad service to me. My friends were not happy about it too. We would also order for wine and mine still came last.

Nairobi, Kenya
“New location, same high standards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was a frequent diner at the old Misono restaurant on Lenana Road and now it has moved to the Greenhouse Mall on Ngong Road. The mall itself is unappealing and there was risk the restaurant may have gone down-market, but I ate there recently and found that standards have been maintained and perhaps exceeded. The decor is great and carefully thought out, the staff were very welcoming and friendly, and above all the mixed sushi/sashimi set that I chose was excellent. It was busy (even mid-week) so seems to have stayed deservedly popular.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
“ok place, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

OK place. Sushi was fresh and plenty of choices. Good ambience. Service wasn't great - tends to be crowded and so wait staff is not as attentive. I had to get wait staff attention several times to get a refill of water, or get ice. I ordered a rock shandy and they didn't seem to know how to make it and gave me the "ingredients to mix it".

Visited July 2013
“Consistent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is one of mine and my wife's favourite restaurants in Nairobi the food is consistently delicious. We love the sushi and sashimi. The atmosphere is busy and watching your food being prepared while sipping some wine is extremely relaxing. The staff are very attentive without being intruding at all. We go here about every 6 weeks, drawn back here by the spectacular food, atmosphere and service. Fully recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
“No as good as the 'other' Japanese restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Misono is most always referred to as 'not as good as the other Japanese restaurant.' That's the long and short of it.

Fursato is popularly regarded as the best Japanese restaurant in Nairobi. Misono is another Japanese restaurant.

• Visited November 2012