“Great food! Best japanese restaurant in Nairobi!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
nairobi
“Great food! Best japanese restaurant in Nairobi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great service and great food. Thanks Abraham and the team ! The welcoming and awesome ambiance of your new location keep us coming back.

Visited May 2013

Nairobi, Kenya
“Service not great and really expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

As a disclaimer, I've only eaten here once, but the service was really slow and we were brought the wrong order and spent 5 minutes arguing back and forth before they agreed to bring us the correct order. The food was also really expensive and not very good. There are much better sushi places in Nairobi like Sushi Soo or Furusato.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best Japanese I've had in Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try Misono at it's new location in Greenhouse for a business lunch. Massively surprised by the freshness, flavours and quantity. Snapper with avocado teriyaki sauce was excellent, as were the prawn dumplings. I always leave the Miso soup, but for once I enjoyed this version. Will definitely be going back.

Visited April 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Decent food, but unfortunately marred by poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have yet to post a negative review, but here goes my first. To be fair, I have been to Misono three times (twice in Nairobi and once in Nyali) and the food has been fine. Not the best Japanese food I've ever had, but good for what I can find in Kenya. However, I am a stickler for good service and this end, Misono failed.

My most recent experience was last night. I arrived when the restaurant opened and was the third party seated as I had to travel in a few hours. The restaurant was not busy and in the interest of time, I ordered 1 order of tuna sushi, 1 inari sushi and a tempura udon. As I waited, the restaurant started to fill up and it was obvious there were regular guests who were treated differently. About 45 minutes later, I was still waiting for my 4 pieces of sushi as other tables that arrived later were served entire trays of sushi. I called the waiter over and asked to speak to the manager, who never came to my table. I had to get up, go downstairs and speak to the cashier (the ONLY one who expressed concern about the situation) and about 10 minutes later (??) all of my food arrived at once. I wasn't able to wolf down my dinner so I sent the hot food back (and cancelled the order) while I quickly ate the sushi portion.

The tuna sushi was fine, but the inari sushi was made not with Japanese rice and had mayonnaise mixed in with it, which was unpleasant and clumpy. It would have been better with the traditional seasoned Japanese rice.

Unfortunately, this was all I had time to eat in the hour and 15 minutes I was at the restaurant. I can't recommend this restaurant if you don't have at least 2 hours to eat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
nairobi
“excellent japanese food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The quality of the fish is perfect.
The taste is excellent and the waiters are making yuor time soft and relaxing
The venue is nice.