“need to improve” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“need to improve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

the food is nice but for the price they charge per item its not that good. plus the waiters dont seem to know what to recommend. also be used to under 18 coming over to smoke sheesha, which i found annoying.

Visited August 2012

nairobi
“Great Ethiopian Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Loved the food, loved the separate stalls but if you want fast service to complete your experience then you went to the wrong place. It took 15 mins to get the menus, another 15 mins to get our drinks. For the life of us we just seemed invisible to the waiters.....but i Loved the food!!!!

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Cold night, good food, great friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I came to Habesha on a cold and rainy night in Nairobi. We were greeted warmly by the staff, seated in a nice comfortable part of the restaurant, and served a range of delicious vegetarian and meat dishes from Ethiopia. The injera here was fresh and slightly sweeter than when I've had it in the US (in Washington DC) and all the stews were delicious. One of the best meals I had in Kenya!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ethiopian Cuisine at its best! However, the service was a bit slow.....but still, they did their best to ensure that we were comfortable.

Visited March 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
“Slowest Service in Nairobi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I think Habesha servers could not serve you slower even if they tried. I went there three times. On the third time, I decided to go looking for my server after one hour. I found them all watching a football match on television. I complained to the manager. Nothing happened. I complained directly to the servers watching football. Nothing happened. So, my group and I left. While pulling out in the car, a server came running saying the food was "almost ready". Seriously? Over one hour later? Ethiopian food at all other Ethiopian restaurants and in Ethiopia itself is really quick to prepare. We were worried also that they were so disorganized that the kitchen might not have prepared it in the most hygienic way. Other Ethiopian restaurants much better in Nairobi.

Visited May 2012