“Great Ethiopian Food.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
nairobi
“Great Ethiopian Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Loved the food, loved the separate stalls but if you want fast service to complete your experience then you went to the wrong place. It took 15 mins to get the menus, another 15 mins to get our drinks. For the life of us we just seemed invisible to the waiters.....but i Loved the food!!!!

Visited November 2012

New York City, New York
“Cold night, good food, great friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I came to Habesha on a cold and rainy night in Nairobi. We were greeted warmly by the staff, seated in a nice comfortable part of the restaurant, and served a range of delicious vegetarian and meat dishes from Ethiopia. The injera here was fresh and slightly sweeter than when I've had it in the US (in Washington DC) and all the stews were delicious. One of the best meals I had in Kenya!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ethiopian Cuisine at its best! However, the service was a bit slow.....but still, they did their best to ensure that we were comfortable.

Visited March 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
“Slowest Service in Nairobi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I think Habesha servers could not serve you slower even if they tried. I went there three times. On the third time, I decided to go looking for my server after one hour. I found them all watching a football match on television. I complained to the manager. Nothing happened. I complained directly to the servers watching football. Nothing happened. So, my group and I left. While pulling out in the car, a server came running saying the food was "almost ready". Seriously? Over one hour later? Ethiopian food at all other Ethiopian restaurants and in Ethiopia itself is really quick to prepare. We were worried also that they were so disorganized that the kitchen might not have prepared it in the most hygienic way. Other Ethiopian restaurants much better in Nairobi.

Visited May 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not the best Ethiopian in Nairobi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Decent food, decent setting, and a good deal over all for a nice time out with friends. The service seems to have been suffering here lately, although some of the tables now have door-bells installed - we call it the shiro bell (more shiro please!). They do have the best gomen kitfo in town. Around the weekend you may want to make a reservation as it can get crowded.

• Visited October 2012