“Local food in local environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ranalo Foods

Ranalo Foods
Kimathi Street, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 324 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Larnaka, Cyprus
“Local food in local environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I always like to visit here at least once on my journey to experience real local food for local people. Don't expect anything upper class here. You go to look at the food first on the buffet style counter. You then go to pay the window and give the slips of paper to the waiter who brings it.
The reviewer below obviously walked into the wrong place or just wasn't prepared to join in the flavour of a real local restaurant. If you have never eaten this way it can be a shock but I don't go to African countries to eat steak and chips.
It is very cheap and plaenty of it.
I will always return

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Never again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited today with my partner around lunchtime. Was rather quiet when we arrived so choosing where we sat wasn't much of a problem, before it gradually filled with Nairobi office staff. From there onwards, things got worse! My partner, having been there before knew exactly what she wanted to order. No menus being available on the table, I was escorted to another room to choose from the menu on the wall. I decided to "play safe" and ordered a mixed grill. What turned up at the table can only be described as resembling a bowl of cat-food! I invited the waiter to explain to me exactly what exactly, in the bowl had been grilled and was told to "go speak to the chef!" My partner produced her ipad and "googled" mixed-grill and showed this person a photo of what I thought I'd ordered. He found this hilarious!! They are very clever in taking your money as soon as you place your order, before your food arrives. If this hadn't been the case I'd have definitely refused to pay the bill.! Never again will I set foot inside this place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
“Satisfying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and delicious food.Price is a bit high compared to other restaurants but it's definitely worth it!I always eat here whenever am in the city.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“African cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The food is exceptional.. and especially the fish!!! ...if you love African cuisine, Ronalo is the place to be..i enjoyed every bit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
“delicious african food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

african food they served us was delicious, especially the nyama choma and ugali, the band music was very nice, though too loud, soft drinks are abit expensive

Visited May 2013