“Excellent Choice ......Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 327 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Continental, Café, Asian fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Recently reopened after extensive renovations, the Talisman is located in Karen just on the outskirts of Nairobi in an old colonial building among lush beautiful gardens. Relax either indoors or outdoors or outdoors on our beautiful patio. Chef Marcus Mitchell, who has trained in France and Spain, brings his own unique touch to each dish and has gained acclaim for his fabulous continental and fusion menu. Talisman's service team is also renowned for its hospitality.
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent Choice ......Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was definately the best food I ate in Kenya. The restaurant is quite a way out of town in Karen but its worth the journey. The food is amazing and beautifully presented. I had Thai prawns followed by Ostrich fillet and all was GREAT. The staff are attentative and service was excellent. There were six of us in the group and we were all impressed.
Excellent choice and highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thanks so much for the ringing endorsement, Martin! We are delighted you found us worth the drive and that you enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service. We'd love to welcome you back any time. Karibu!

“Superb Nairobi Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I went to The Talisman a few times whilst in Nairobi! The location, setting and decor is beautiful and is done in a very tasteful manner. The food is amazing with an ever changing menu full of interesting combinations. The service is very good and staff are attentive.

Overall it's is great value and well worth visiting this great Nairobi gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words and for taking the time to visit us more than once while here. We take that as a very high compliment! Would love to see you again when you're next in town. Karibu!
Timau, Rift Valley, Kenya
“FANTASTIC FOOD!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spinach and egg yolk ravioli was fantastic!! and to finish the meal, a mouth-watering creme brulee! HIGHLY recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words, and we'd love to see you here again any time!
Nairobi, Kenya
“It's packed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Went yesterday, sunday- so it was packed.

Theme of most restaurants in Nairobi seems to be almost the same. Woods, fireplace, tribal, and more woods. Talisman is no difference so no exciting things in terms of atmosphere there.

Service was ok. Was directed to the place wrongly when we called for directions. I think they all assume everyone came from the city side taking Ngong Road. Staff are friendly but, probably due to the crowd, food was serve a bit too long.

I was surprised, they have Japanese on the menu. Have been looking for a place for my sashimi craving and I'd prob be here for it. Had sushis for starter and main dish which was fantastic.

I'll probably will come back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for coming by, and, yes, Sundays are always completely packed, which means service can be a bit slower. But we're delighted you enjoyed our Japanese selections, and we'd love to welcome you back on a quieter day for another meal with us. Karibu!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“I see now why this is no 1 in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited the restaurant on based on the feedback and recommendations seen here in trip advisor.

I wasn't disappointed.

I was welcomed warmly and seated inside near the bar area. Unfortunately there wasn't any seating free outside but as I hadn't booked i didn't expect to get the best seats in the house.

As well as the standard menu there was also a specials menu and I opted for two courses from this. I have pitta, crudités and hummus to start with beef massamam curry and naan bread for main.

It is no lie that the curry was one of the best I have ever tasted. Spicy but not overly so, with small cherry tomatoes giving sweetness to balance the dish where needed.

I would say of you have the chance to visit Talisman restaurant whilst in Nairobi go for it.

For the comfort, ambience and food it is well worth the cost - approx £17 for 2 courses, a beer and a bottle of water.

Highly recommended

Christine N, Guest Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the curry. I will be sure to pass the compliments to the chef and the kitchen crew. Karibu !