“It's packed!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Continental, Café, Asian fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Recently reopened after extensive renovations, the Talisman is located in Karen just on the outskirts of Nairobi in an old colonial building among lush beautiful gardens. Relax either indoors or outdoors or outdoors on our beautiful patio. Chef Marcus Mitchell, who has trained in France and Spain, brings his own unique touch to each dish and has gained acclaim for his fabulous continental and fusion menu. Talisman's service team is also renowned for its hospitality.
Nairobi, Kenya
“It's packed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Went yesterday, sunday- so it was packed.

Theme of most restaurants in Nairobi seems to be almost the same. Woods, fireplace, tribal, and more woods. Talisman is no difference so no exciting things in terms of atmosphere there.

Service was ok. Was directed to the place wrongly when we called for directions. I think they all assume everyone came from the city side taking Ngong Road. Staff are friendly but, probably due to the crowd, food was serve a bit too long.

I was surprised, they have Japanese on the menu. Have been looking for a place for my sashimi craving and I'd prob be here for it. Had sushis for starter and main dish which was fantastic.

I'll probably will come back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks for coming by, and, yes, Sundays are always completely packed, which means service can be a bit slower. But we're delighted you enjoyed our Japanese selections, and we'd love to welcome you back on a quieter day for another meal with us. Karibu!

92% Recommend
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“I see now why this is no 1 in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited the restaurant on based on the feedback and recommendations seen here in trip advisor.

I wasn't disappointed.

I was welcomed warmly and seated inside near the bar area. Unfortunately there wasn't any seating free outside but as I hadn't booked i didn't expect to get the best seats in the house.

As well as the standard menu there was also a specials menu and I opted for two courses from this. I have pitta, crudités and hummus to start with beef massamam curry and naan bread for main.

It is no lie that the curry was one of the best I have ever tasted. Spicy but not overly so, with small cherry tomatoes giving sweetness to balance the dish where needed.

I would say of you have the chance to visit Talisman restaurant whilst in Nairobi go for it.

For the comfort, ambience and food it is well worth the cost - approx £17 for 2 courses, a beer and a bottle of water.

Highly recommended

Christine N, Guest Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the curry. I will be sure to pass the compliments to the chef and the kitchen crew. Karibu !
warwick,ny
“eating al fresco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

sipping an ice cold tusker with a delicious salad.. this is a beautiful outdoor dining experience in a lovely garden in Karen.. We ate lunch prior to our departure for the bush.. Wonderful wait staff, great food an altogether wonderful experience

Visited September 2013
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words, and we're absolutely delighted you enjoyed the atmosphere, service and food. We'll pass your compliments to the kitchen crew and service staff. Karibu!
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A treasure tucked away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

What an enjoyable brunch at the Talisman! Beautiful setting, fireplaces keeping the chill at bay. Good food and great friendly service. Be sure to check out their website for art exhibitions and special events like wine tastings and 5 course meals! Fresh organic market on Saturdays in the area too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanks very much for your kind comments! We're delighted you enjoyed your meal with us and hope you'll be back again soon. Karibu!
Zaragoza, Spain
“Lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I came here last Sunday because a friend loved his last time there. The truth is that the ambience and service were in my opinnion really nice..

But the quality of the food was just good (not too good if you think about the price). Even my friend told me about to remember something different and we guess that maybe that day they were just very busy.

Anyway we spend a good and relaxing time

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
J C, Public Relations Manager at Talisman, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks for the helpful feedback, Pedro. We're glad you found the ambiance and service excellent, but we'd really like to change your opinion on the food. Sundays are, indeed, very busy for us, but we still want to do our best to make sure each dish is fantastic, no matter how many people are here. Come again, and let us surprise you!

Been to Talisman? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Talisman, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.