“My stay at Wasini” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 96 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
“My stay at Wasini”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice place , with good Breakfast buffet in the morning! rather noisy at night with the frogs at the water pond by the entrance to the hotel. The pool is not heated so it's very cold and was not possibble to swim in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Francis K, Manager at Wasini All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor we highly value your feedback.

My sincere apologies for the noise from the frogs in the pond, we have however managed to bring that into control after they had an unusually long breeding season.

Its also my hope that on your next stay you will find a warmer Nairobi weather and will take advantage of the naturally heated pool besides enjoying our sauna and steam facilities.

We most certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Wasini All Suite Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Redhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was impressed by the standard of the service, and my room (and every area generally) was kept very clean. Security was good, which is often a concern. The restaurant area was out doors, and very pleasant to relax in the evening. Food was good, and there was a daily special that spared me eating the same menu every day.

The hotel is generally quiet, but there are significant noises from the frogs in the evening, and possibly the standby generator if it is running. The frogs do shut down at about midnight. My suite was directly next to them, and the noise might well be disturbing.

The suite was comfortably furnished, and the only problem was a non-functioning water cooler. The fridge worked, and all I needed to do was get a few bottles of water instead (more convenient anyway).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for the wonderful review you have shared on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in Wasini All Suite Hotel us patronage to the resort.

It is with great pleasure that I read through your acknowledgement of the service excellence provided by our team rest assured your message will be conveyed to the entire team, to serve as an encouragement to continue doing what they do best, which is to provide an outstanding hospitality service to our valued guests.

I am most concerned about the noise element on your feedback , i wish to assure you that we have taken measures to control this and we promise you a more pleasant stay next time you choose to stay at Wasini All Suite Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I like the place. It's very cozy and all the blocks form a circle around the restaurant, with the pool in the center. It's got a nice clubhouse where you can chill on weekends and whenever you're around. The gate is wooden which you don't find anymore. However, inside I find that the furnishings they chose (more classical than modern) aren't exactly to my taste because I prefer modern fare. The apartments are tastefully furnished though. Only thing I dislike is the bed, I'm used to bigger ones and these are probably 4 by 6 feet. The breakfast is standard, nothing amazing but not bad either. Sometimes they hold parties at the restaurant which makes it a little lovely. I got a nice one-bed in Ufuoni with a view of everything going on at the place so I think that's what I enjoy the most. However, for the price, I honestly think you could get a lot more, but it's coz I'm comparing it to more modern more recently constructed places.

Room Tip: Ufuoni for sure. Unless you'd like a bigger place because I think that only has one beds.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Francis K, Manager at Wasini All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Collin

Thank you for taking time to write your feedback about your recent stay at Wasini All Suite Hotel .
Its gives us much pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our furnishing taste, our club house despite the bed size inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire Wasini team thank you once again for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Wasini.

Bourgoin Jallieu, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed 10 days for business purpose in Wasini Luxury home and I have a shared opinion on this place. Personnel is friendly but not always willing to serve you in your room (hard to have breakfast in the room). The mattress destroyed my back and the very quiet night ambiance of the building was disturbed by a continuous alternative buzz. Internet is ok.
I did not find the food of very high quality and the buffet breakfast a little bit poor: last two days the hotel was running out of bacon and marmalade.
On positive side the hotel is well located and again personnel very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our family stayed here for 3 weeks in January and had a wonderful experience. The staff was so kind and helpful. They really made my two kids (ages 8 and 10) feel special. The food was fantastic and the pool and weight room were clean, well-managed and made the stay fun. Wasini has a relationship with a wonderful team of drivers. Jackson especially made us feel safe and welcome as he taxied us around the city. We highly recommend Wasini and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Takoradi, Western, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I really enjoy staying in wasini Luxury home,which i figure out when i was planning a business trip nairobi without know which hotel,Inrush to internet and googles kenya hotel and my surprise in selecting there i saw wasini and rush to booked a day for it's chill atmosphere weather condition of the environment,and also frequent attention of the receptionist and managers to know and hear comments,such as your comfortability,secure ,all staffs are professional to their duties to made wasini a lovely home to live.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WasiniLuxurySuites, Manager at Wasini All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Suleimana,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your comments about our hotel and staff.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you're in Nairobi.

Regards
Emmanuel Mwangi
Manager
Wasini LS&H
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

It is difficult to express the amazing experience i had at Wasini Luxury Homes. Having been to Nairobi many times in my young life (emphasis on young), and having gone to many different hotels, guesthouses and as per my most recent trend, serviced and furnished apartments ( a trend that i will stick to)... Wasini has by far proved itself the most ideal and pleasing abode when in Kenya. The most surprising thing in my view, is the homeliness that staff and atmosphere are able to create, a sense of 'family' in some strange sort of way that however much one may grow in confidence and camaraderie, doesn't adulterate or rather infringe upon the quality and standard of service expected.
Besides the beauty and refinement of the apartments, that ranges from the interior decor to the single pieces of crockery and cutlery in the apartment kitchen, one memory that will always stay is the great nights on the terrace after a delightful dinner prepared by Wasini's restaurant (recently renamed 'la Terrazza') in which whether alone or with company, i always had the pleasure of sharing a good laugh with fellow residents (and sometimes a good bottle of Italian wine with the superb management staff). My advice is....try it for sure, I for one can think of no better place i'd rather go to when in Nairobi.

Room Tip: The shower in the two bedroom is quite something...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Wasini All Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!