“Birthday party” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Posts Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nairobi
Blue Posts Hotel
Save Saved
You added Blue Posts Hotel to your Saves list
Thika-Muranga Road, Nairobi 01000, Kenya   |
Ranked #57 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Masai Mara
“Birthday party”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We wanted to spend a night in Blue Post hotel (4 of us) and invite 5 persons for dinner to celebrate the birthday of a 3 years old girl, daughter of one of us. Yes the location is nice, facing Chania waterfall. On that day there was a big group celebrating a graduation. they were in the garden. At 7.00 PM all of them left as there was no light. Maybe they could stay longer and spend more money, enjoying. We reserved 2 rooms in Chania Wing, as we've been told it the best wing. Rooms are simple, the building needs maintenance, renovation, like many hotels in Kenya. I read a review that the staff are horrible, this is the worst part of that place. As a hotelier, I can say the staff are what the management makes them. Yes, the service is a bit low, but where are the HODs to make sure everything is going well? A young lady, Ruth was our waitress and until late in the evening you saw her going from tables to tables serving. The following day, I left an envelope for her at the reception. hope she got. Before going back Nairobi, we went to Fourtenn Falls. I haven't been there for the last 20 years; Even I had problem to find them. Now you pay to see the waterfalls. There's so many young boys ready to accompany you like "tour guides". The place is so dirty that I can't imagine people will continue to pay to see that place. It's so dirty that it's sticking. Of course the boys around blame Nairobi people who are the ones who make that pollution. Please go there and even try to convince by one way or another to keep that place clean.

Room Tip: Chania Wing room 105
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Hotel at the environs of Thika town is just an excellent place to relax. It is a family friendly environment. The Hotel is about 30 km from Fourteen Falls waterfall at a spectacular 27 meter deep and a perfect day trip. There is a lot to see and do while in this scenic site, boating, fishing, photography, plant identification, and bird watching are among other activities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lucknow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

First of all, the hotel is located in Thika... Not Nairobi.

Location: Awesome. View of the fall is great.. you can just in the restaurant and just look at it for hours.Spacious grounds to take a stroll.

Rooms: Cramped. Dated. Dirty. I felt like I was staying in a dorm.

Service: almost none. Front desk at take their own sweet time to check you in and for the check out.

Restaurant: Decent. Reasonable.

Room Tip: Choose to stay in cottage may be they will be better If possible, fall facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I want to congratulate all the staff at BPH for their hospitality to me and my family, I also liked the place, its soo natural ( Waterfalls, trees, birds, space etc), Look forward to my next tym visit............

Room Tip: Rooms facing chania falls
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Its about 40min drive from capital city Nairobi so its best to go here if you want a relaxing time away from the noisy city. The place is very affordable, very tranquill, its a hotel between two water falls Thika and Chania, lovely evening walks, very green and a little animal Zoo inside what more can you ask. Its a little haven a real getaway that is a gen unknown to many.
Its just amazing
May be they could do with upgrading it abit but the old fashioned of the rooms and bed makes it feel vintage and because its where Western people stopped for a drink in the old days may be its ok to maintain its old fashioned feel

Room Tip: Room by the waterfall are just awesome hearing the water fall as you fall asleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked Blue Posts on other reviews but were very disappointed. Despite its lovely location everything else went wrong. Firstly we rearranged our booking to help them out but when we arrived they did not honour the room agreed. The room they gave us had no hot water in the sink and 24 hrs later they still couldn't honour the agreed room. Unfortunately the food was not up to much and we most certainly will not be going back.

Room Tip: The rooms looking towards the falls look good, but even when you think you've boked one you may...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The location of this hotel, which is around 50 minutes outside of Nairobi and around 5 minutes from Thika town, is outstanding. The natural beauty of the area is breathtaking. The hotel grounds are directly between two beautiful waterfalls, Chania falls and Thika falls. There are numerous species of birds flying around the hotel constantly. Wild monkeys come in and out of the grounds all of the time feeding on the mango and other fruit trees that they have planted on the grounds. You need to ask for a room in the "Chania Falls Area" because the rooms in the rest of the hotel are VERY small and VERY dirty. The rooms in the better area are comfortable, although there is no a/c or fan available in the rooms, which could make it rather uncomfortable in dead of summer. The food was above average and reasonably priced for a restaurant with an amazing view of a spectacular waterfall. There is also an animal park at the back with crocodiles and ostriches which is fun for kids. There's also a really nice shopping area near the animal park, with reasonably priced home-made trinkets.

However, as many good things as I can say about the beautiful scenery, the staff is really, really poor. I just stayed at this place for 19 days. The first day there, while my wife was getting her hair done at the salon, I sat for 45 minutes at a table at the outside of the restaurant with waiters and waitresses going past me, cleaning up tables and taking orders and no one bothered to even wipe my table off. After this I decided to give up and talk to the manager of the hotel, who told me that it was probably that there was a group of "white people" having lunch at the restaurant earlier and they must of thought you were one of them, so they didn't take your order. Really? When my wife returned, I told her that we were going to check out and after she talked to them (she's Kenyan), they gave us a couple free lunches and a room upgrade. The first incident was by far the worst thing that happened during the stay, but the staff, other than Rachel, the front desk operator during the day, was rude and completely underwhelmed to be working in the service of guests enjoying their dinner and/or vacation. Another example, while eating lunch with my wife, her brother family and some friends at their weekend restaurant, Ostrich, we ordered some roasted meat with some Ugali. We were told that it would take 45 minutes. After 50 minutes my wife asked when we could expect the meal. She was told that they were out of Ugali, so she ordered chips, and the rude waitress told her 15 minutes. During this time my wife left our table and joined me and the boys at the bar. After 20 more minutes, the waitress told my wife that she couldn't serve any food at the bar. My wife moved back to the table and after 15 minutes, I went and gently asked when we could expect our food, since everyone in the back was now throwing buckets of water on the grills and washing the floors for closing. The waitress who was busy tabulating her receipts for the day snapped that it would coming soon. After a 5 minute back and forth with the manager, the waitress huffed past me with a plate of meat and a couple minutes after that a plate of chips. I'm not really sure what the point of holding onto the meat for an extra 30 minutes was, since it was clearly ready, but it was the last time we ordered food from the restaurant.

I would like to recommend the hotel, because it has great potential, but under the current ownership I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Posts Hotel? Share your experiences!