“A Great Time Again at Wildebeest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wildebeest Eco Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wildebeest Eco Camp
You added Wildebeest Eco Camp to your Saves list
151 Mokoyeti Road West | Langata, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #5 of 194 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A Great Time Again at Wildebeest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Came back to Wildebeest again, and it was just as good this time.

Helpful and obliging staff. Great atmosphere. Terrific opportunity to mix over meals and in the gardens with other travellers. Very safe.

Christmas Eve dinner was outstanding and other meals were great.

Range of accommodation is good. A little remote from anywhere, so you have to take a taxi everywhere. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2013

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in December 2013 in one of the deluxe tents which was amazing. It was so nice to have the outdoors feel with the luxury of a hotel.The grounds are well kept & this place offers a tranquil alternative to the city centre.
The food I had was very good- although I had to wait 60 mins for soup!!
The terrace area is a nice idea & makes it very easy for solo travellers to meet people.
Unfortunately the reception man was very rude & untrustworthy- I strongly advise to arrange your own taxis as his were considerably more expensive- presumably so that he can take his cut!!
Overall, I had a lovely stay & would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This place is a great value and provides a laid back and mellow atmosphere. Unfortunately I had horrible food poisoning (not from this place, I got sick before I arrived).. So I spent a lot of time in the bed. I can say that tents are really comfortable, having spent a lot of time in one! I would definitely stay here again (hopefully in better health! Haha). Owners and staff were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stay here two/three times a year on our way in or out of Nairobi. The owners have worked hard to make the whole place homely and comfortable. The staff are fantastic and are very accommodating. Although a way out of Nairobi centre, that is fine as it is tranquil and less noise. Food is good here and it is not far from restaurants if you want something different...the best of both worlds.
This is a home from home, the beds are comfortable, and the ensuites are well maintained. A wonderful place and beautiful grounds. Very relaxing place.

Room Tip: All tents are comfortable, just go with what you can afford and you will be happy as all are of an e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Valledupar, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We just Loved our stay at Wildebeest. The place is so beautiful, very relaxing atmosphere, away from the constant rush in Nairobi.
The food is delicious, we liked very much everything that we ordered. The tents and the bathrooms were clean and well maintained at all times.
The staff couldn't be more friendly. The guys at the lounge and the reception are very nice always! They arrange a day tour to the elephant orphanage and giraffe center, and also airport transfers.
I strongly recommend it!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Palmerston North, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Positives: 1) Recommend using the transfer from the airport to this accommodation. 2) staff are friendly and helpful with all requests. 3) tents and amenities are clean and close. Breakfast is included. 4) can access wifi easily.
Negatives: 1) far away from central Nairobi. 2) due to location mainly limited to only eating at animation. Food however over all taste good.

Overall would recommend accommodation to others. Rank as A-

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dover, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My friend and I had had a very busy couple of weeks, we climbed Kilimanjaro and then headed straight to Nairobi to join a safari in the Masai Mara. After feeling disgusting and knackered the camp was the perfect place to go to relax. The rooms were out of this world and you would never have imagined that you were in a busy city. It was so nice to have running water and a real toilet!! Nairobi wasn't one of the nicest places I have been to but the camp was pure paradise. The reception even helped my friend and I organise a day out the elephant orphanage and Giraffe sanctuary too. They couldn't have been more helpful.

The camp was also great value for money, even considering we had one of the luxury safari tents (we think we deserved it after Kili!) :) The food was also really good! I would definitely recommend this place, it really is an amazing African experience. There is also the chance to meet lots of different travellers and different kinds of people as it is also a hostel.

Thanks so much guys, I will definitely be coming back if I find myself in Kenya again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends