“Kenyan Safari with maasai.co.ke” 5 of 5 stars

Kenya
Directions
Kenya
New Jersy, USA
“Kenyan Safari with maasai.co.ke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

We recently returned from a 11 day Dream Safari in Kenya. Our journey started in Nairobi where we received a very warm welcome by the company organizing our safari. We are now retired so we travel 3-4 times a year now. I must admit that I was a little apprehensive to book my safari through a website but my son insisted and I highly recommend anyone traveling to Kenya work with www.maasai.co.ke

We were given a great Maasai Welcome! I was wrapped in a Maasai Warrior Shuka (blanket) upon arrival and asked to protect my family from the Man-eating lions! A great start!

Our journey started from the airport in our own private air-conditioned coach to the Tribe Hotel, Nairobi. Since we were traveling with my children and grand children, a total of 14 of us we requested a 25 seater coach. The Tribe is a very modern hotel and I am told has made it into the Conde Nast top 50. We were very impressed with interior design, architecture, rooms and the facilities however the service could have been a little better. The great thing about this hotel is that it is located right next door to a shopping complex with cinemas and water slides. My grandkids loved this!

On day 3 we were transported to Wilson airport for our flight to Maasai Mara at the Fairmont Mara Safari club. The next 3 days were spent in the Mara and I must say it was a true delight to stay in their tented camp! We really felt like we were on Safari. The food, service, game drives were all exceptional. We saw a cheetah kill from start to finish on the second day, an experience I personally will never forget!

On day 6 we flew back to Nairobi where I our trusted driver David was awaiting us at the airport. He drove us to Mount Kenya Safari club where we spent the next 4 nights. This is an amazing property with spectacular gardens and views of the snow capped mountain. Our rooms were just gorgeous each with their own lounge, fire places and sunken tubs. I think my wife and I fell in love all over again.

On the 10th day David brought us back to Nairobi for another night at the Tribe. What was amazing was that we had mentioned to the booking staff at Maasai.co.ke before we traveled that we wanted to visit an authentic Maasai Market to buy crafts and art made by authentic Maasai craftsmen and women and they made this happen on the last day! We were reluctant to buy from the big tourist stores that are usually over priced and where the revenue is not fairly distributed. My wife and I bought a lovely hand carved wooden table that we absolutely adore. Its the focal point of of our family room.

Its quite refreshing when you deal with a tour company that simply listens and delivers. The next day we were transferred to the the airport to end our remarkable Safari in Kenya!

My wife and I loved Mt.Kenya Safari club! we highly recommend it to anyone who wants to experience Nature at its best. I would have to say that my kids and grand kids had the best time in the Maasai Mara. The cheetah kill was a very nice touch that we all will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Lastly, we want to say a big Thank you to our Tour company at maasai.co.ke who were truly exceptional in every way. The staff were all very warm and hospitable, the drivers very knowledgeable and the booking staff ensured that all our requests were fulfilled beyond our expectations. We loved our time in Kenya despite what you hear or read about Kenya the people are very friendly and we generally felt very safe! The Maasai Mara is a must see at least once in a lifetime! God took his time here!

New York City, New York
“our safari with Glorious Safaris from nairobi to mombasa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

my husband and i just returned from a safari we booked with shadrack kahindi of GLORIOUS SAFARIS.

first of all, i'd like to thank everyone who asked questions about the safari experience in general and all the experts who responded. the information was extremely helpful.

i was very hesitant to book with a small company so far away, but shadrack quickly allayed my fears. he replied to each and every one of my many e mails almost before i pressed the "send" button! he made great suggestions and really helped me "fine tune" our itinerary. he made all the necessary reservations and sent me confirmation slips for all the camps and activities. his prices were more than fair, and he is honest and reputable. he even arranged to see us at the end of our trip to get our feedback and to make sure we were happy and satisfied. i had a few suggestions which he took very seriously.

shadrack met us at the airport in nairobi very late at night, took us to our hotel, and got us checked in, we had paid him 20% several months ago, and gave him the rest of the money that night. the next morning, our wonderful driver/guide, patrick, picked us up, and we had a full day tour of nairobi. the next morning we left on safari, visiting masai mara, lake nakuru, amboseli, and tsavo east. our last few days were spent in a lovely resort in mombasa. every camp and hotel we stayed in was very good, and the people we came into contact with were friendly, smiling, and eager to make our stay memorable.

patrick, our driver/guide, was fabulous. He was patient, kind, always smiling, and eager to share his knowledge and love of kenya with us. he saw animals that were so hidden in the brush that they were almost invisible. We saw and learned so much from him. we cried when it was time to return to new york.

we want to go back to kenya, , ,tomorrow, if it were possible. we will positively use shadrack, glorious safaris, and patrick when we do return. a better time could not be had!

Calgary, Canada
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We just returned from a 17-day trip to Kenya with Enchanting Africa. I can't say enough about how wonderful this company is!

We spent two days in Nairobi sightseeing, a week on safari in two parks and a week at the beach near Mombassa. Enchanting Africa took care of everything and went the extra mile.

They greeted us at the Nairobi airport with a bouquet of flowers, had champagne sent to our room to celebrate the start of our safari and gave us a phone to use while we were in Kenya.

We had a small problem with our safari vehicle which required a 2-hour fix and to compensate, Enchanting Africa surprised my husband and I each with a massage at our safari camp plus a private dinner.

The staff we dealt with were professional and friendly and we felt like we were in good hands the entire trip. We especially enjoyed our driver in Nairobi and our safari guide, Wilson, who was a lot of fun.

We are now thinking of booking a trip to South America using Enchanting South America.

milano
“my first time in kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was this January in Kenya with my boyfriend Marco.
The trip was tailed from my local Travel Agency Pori Tour (www.poritours.com). We had a wonderful exeperience.
The first day we were supposed to start immediately with the safari, but our flight was late, so John took us at the airport and we spent the afternoon in Mombasa (I have to say, the sea is not that bad even in Mombasa).
The second day we left early in the morning for Tsavo East. It was great. We saw many animals in the savana, it was exiting. And the lodge was great (Voi Safari). The second day we had an early morning game drive, than we left for Tsavo West. That was great as well. We also had game drive to look for the Rino....he didn't appear....but once we were relaxing in our lodge (Ngulia), he appear to drink in the little like just in front of us!!! Unvelivable!!!! The secon day we left for Amboseli Park (Oltukai Lodge). Each Park has its own characteristics, they have differente landscape. We saw lots of animals, not only the big five but many many others. Our guide (Juma...thank you so much) had very good eyes, he was able to chatch animals like you cannot imagine, he could even understand the movements of antilopes and other animal to understand if there was a lion.... We had a van all for us.....that was really great!!!!!
We end our holyday with a two day relax in Watamu......
Kenya was an experience I will never forget!

Nairobi, Kenya
“Magical Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

KENYA lies across the equator on the east coast of Africa. It is surrounded by Somalia in the north east, Ethiopia and Sudan in the north, Uganda in the west and Tanzania to the south.
The south east of the country is the coastal belt, with white sandy beaches, palm trees and year-round hot weather next to the Indian Ocean.
The altitude gradually increases as you move inland towards Africa’s largest fresh water lake, Lake Victoria. The Great Rift Valley then separates the highlands into east and west. The eastern highlands, is where you will find the capital city Nairobi and the continents’ second highest snow capped mountain, Mt. Kenya. The western highlands, towards the Ugandan border, is where you will find lush rainforests and the famous tea plantations.
Moving south and gradually east, the landscape becomes more arid as you reach the Mara and the concentration of wildlife.
The little-visited northern part of KENYA bordering Somalia and Ethiopia is a vast, semi-desert area.

Been to Kenya? Share your experiences!