“Queen Valley Hotel Luxor - a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Queens Valley Hotel Luxor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karnak Temple Street, Luxor LXR, Egypt   |
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
Bucharest, Romania
“Queen Valley Hotel Luxor - a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Queen Valley Hotel Luxor - a great experience! Excellent hotel eaven if you need a vacation or you are in a bussines trip.
The comfort of the hotel was great as well as the location, staff were excellent, helpful and efficient, the place was clean and the food was a great.
The hotel has a great location, it is close to the major touristic attractions.
The roon was clean, modern, the bathroom also whit a nice style and everything was working in good conditions, the bed was really big and very comfortable, shower great, TV with big movie selection all free and a professional room service. And, to not forget, the beautiful view.
We were there for six nights and I can tell that it was the best choice. For sure we will like to come back again and definitely we will recommend this place for anyone else

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been to Luxor before and I was mesmerized by it. When I first went there I wanted to take a closer look at the history of Luxor. This time, I went with my fiance. I thought that it would be romantic and interesting to go with him there. The only problem was that last time the hotel I stayed in was not very good. I was careful choosing where we would stay in, but thankfully I chose the best one. The Queens Valley Hotel. It is situated on the Sphinx Road, which links Luxor and Karnak Temples. The service was excellent, the rooms clean and tidy and the view captivating. We also had the chance to meet the owners and they turned out very friendly and helpful. I tried many times to learn how to speek Arabic, but thankfully the people in the reception of the hotel speak fluent English. I you want to visit Luxor don't bother with any other hotel, book your reservation at this one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We love egypt but we had such a bad experience at the hotel next door the emily or emilio or something that it took some convincing for my husband to get me back to Luxor. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel however, we were on a budget and the value for money was great, the staff were very attentive and there was a nice relaxed casual atmosphere. The sound of the prayers was a nice touch and something that I blogged about. I was overall very pleased with the facilities, cleanliness and staff, particularly for the price

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here as part of our tour of Egypt. Coming off a cruise boat it wasn't that fancy, but compared to other places in Egypt it was fine. Our room was clean, the shower was a bit beaten up but nice and warm. The toilet worked fine. The air con was a bit soft but we cooled down all the same. Due to lack of tourism that staff were a bit overly friendly trying to please us but they were not too bothersome and were helpful on pointing out places to go. There was still some restoration going on or floors/stairs that are just closed to save money. The lobby was nice and had movies on. We spent the evening in the pool which was clean. I could hear the prayers from the roof which was nice, to look upon the Nile or city and sunset and hear the prayers was very relaxing. Although when in the room trying to sleep I could understand how this would be frustrating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
luxor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

during the poor situation they have in luxor and the very low tourism this hotel is trying to renew and they trying to please there customers,but i still think its worth the lil money we payed,we stayed me and my wife and 2 kids there for 2 days mayb there was no hot water but i asked i another hotels nearby they said the same,later i found out that its a problem in all luxor with the gasoline that why they dont have hot water,now im on a cruiseship actually they have to turn off lights every 3 hours coz of this shortness in gasoline,but the staff in this hotel tried to make it up for us so much,that was nice actually ! even the manager offered us a free day use till our pick up time to the boat which was at 9 pm and they also offered drinks and the best thing i felt its safe for my children running around,i would realy go to that hotel if i come back to luxor ever

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lucky we were only there for one night as part of a tour. We checked in to find a completely empty dark hotel, it appears we were actually the only two people in the hotel (obviously for a reason)! The rooms are below average we had no hot water/ a mosque prayer speaker right next to our window/ the window didnt lock/ no working fridge/ the bathroom towels looked like they were 30 years old and our toilet wobbles when u sit down... While the roof top pool has a good view it aounds like its been under construction for a very long time! Good location BUT overall the worst hotel in our whole stay in Egypt!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as part of a tour for two nights before heading to Aswan and then on the way back for the day before getting a sleeper train back to Cairo. The location is very central, close to Karnak and Luxor temples, the bazaar and many shops and eateries. The rooms are plain, but appeared clean with hot water and flushing toilets. Not enough toilet paper and towels were supplied so needed to be asked for extras, where half a roll and a bath mat were delivered. Free wifi in the reception area was great, except was sometimes dominated by locals and families watching tv. Food was very average. We had arranged an early breakfast, but when arrived everything was closed with no lights and a man snoring on the reception couch! Overall average stay in central location.

Stayed January 2013

Been to Queens Valley Hotel Luxor? Share your experiences!