“Amazing Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nefertiti Hotel

You added Nefertiti Hotel to your Saves list
Nefertiti Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Sahabi Street | Via Luxor Temple St, Luxor 85951, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
New York City, New York
“Amazing Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This Hotel is the best hotel in Luxor! I loved this hotel and it was comforting! The staff was welcoming and I really enjoyed the food as well. The staff always went out of their way to try to make us comfortable and anything we wanted they always went with us to take us there. I felt very safe in this hotel and Luxor in general. The food was absolutely amazing, it was authentic Egyptian food. The roof view was so relaxing and beautiful. My mother and I were able to see the Valley of the Kings from the roof top. Also we were able to meet other kind travelers who were fun as well. Nefertiti is the best hotel in Luxor and I do not regret ever going!!!!

I highly recommend this hotel! Don't hesitate take the chance and go for it because if you hesitate you'll end up missing out! Egypt is perfectly safe and the people are so kind.

Room Tip: Also, close to the hotel is the market where you could buy clothes, stuff to eat, souvenirs, etc. bu...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay at Nefertiti hotel . We sincerely appreciate receiving comments and feedback in order to continually improve on our service.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and very much look forward to welcoming you to the Nefertiti Hotel again in the near future.

Best Wishes,
Aladin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I booked Nefertiti based on its reviews and I can say...I do not regret it at all!! In fact, I regret not staying longer. Mahmood who serves the food and beverages was so humble and extremely nice. With the little English he knows, he tries his best to carry on a warm conversation with the guests to make them feel comfortable. Such a hard working man! Ahmed is super sweet and goes out of his way to consider your needs. Spent the day chatting with him and enjoyed every moment. Mahmood at reception has such a warm and welcoming smile and again...spends time with the guests to make them feel at home. Aladin (the owner) was extremely hospitable!!! Was very accommodating and very interested in making me feel comfortable. I can't say it enough that this hostel was the best as I stayed in the Sheraton Luxor Resort on my first night and did not feel welcomed as I did at Nefertiti. The food was great!!! Have to try the warm pudding dessert....amazing! I loved the set up of the rooftop, the set up of the rooms, had no issues with wifi!!, staff was excellent!!, room rates were right in budget, close to Luxor Temple, and has such a lovely atmosphere. My experience at this hostel was beyond my expectations. Everyone is different, so if you plan on staying in your room all day or lay out at the pool and not experience the Egyptian culture...then don't stay here...stay at some resort, but if you want to experience the real Egyptian country style culture....PLEASE STAY HERE!!! There is nothing scary in Egypt at all! The media hypes up everything and scared off all the tourist. Please, travelers....don't scratch Egypt off your list...especially Luxor! You will experience aggressive merchants, but that's normal and honestly, the way things are in Egypt now (especially Luxor), I don't blame them to be pushy....they depend on our tourism!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Best Wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The stuffs here r good and the manager Abuyousef is very kind, he gave us a big discount of the hot air ballon, I like him, good man!!! The food is very yummy, especial the local camel meat, when u come, it is necessary to eat, enjoy ur trip in Luxor and this hotel!

Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed in Luxor for two days and it was the worst experience I've had, the room was not very clean, the breakfast too bad and a lot of noise nearby. The reception staff got a good guide who took us to the tours (amazing places), but in time to help arrange tickets to leave it was a mess! They tried at all costs to take more money from us, asked us to tell no one about it, they were trying to buy tickets from blackmarket... I dono advise or recommend and not even for one backpacker night only!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Had so much fun staying at Nefertiti :) Was a bit nervous to be traveling alone but from the moment I arrived, the hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. I appreciated that they kept my things safe pre & post-check out while I was touring. After touring, I sat on the roof and downstairs on the street chatting with them about politics, exchanging Arabic and English tips, travel advice, and meeting other guests, which made me feel very safe and welcome.

My room was spotless, have seen some doubts about this in other reviews but in my experience the room, bathroom & linens were all very clean. The food was excellent, even more so after meeting the charismatic chef :) You can eat on the roof with views of Luxor Temple (particularly great at sunset and evening when it's all lit up) or downstairs near the souk.

I came to know almost all of the staff by name and really, truly enjoyed their company. I had such a memorable, fun experience in Luxor from start to finish thanks to them :)

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, the area is lively and there's music and people ch...
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

It is hard to find a better location for a stay in Luxor, and the staff was very friendly and eager to ensure that my stay was perfect.

And my guide to the temples of central Egypt, Monsoor, was probably one of the best in the region. He not only had a vast knowledge of each site and the back stories, but trained many of the other guides in the area.

And I should not forget my driver, Ahmed, who did a great job in driving me all over central Egypt.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I know Nefertiti got good reviews. There's always a first for a bad review., None of the outlets in my room worked to charge my phone so i brought it down to the receptionist. he said no probem, it will be safe here. So i went out for dinner, came back and the phone was gone. the recepionist, who is supposed to be friendly, interrogated me. They tried to say i was my fault. It was a nighmare fighting with them. So all my photos, numbers, etc. are gone. I was shocked by the way they treated me. they can be all sweetness and light when you arrive but when they are not doing that they beome Jekyll.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hote. If you want to ingnore my post then i wish you the best of luck there. esp...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Aladinefertiti294205, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
First off all, we feel sorry for your bad experience.
The outlets in your room are all working. For us, it's a strange complain this is a malfunction. Second, if you decide to charge your phone in the reception, it's not our responsibility to look after it the hole night when you are out for dinner and you plug it in the public area.
As a third, Diyya, the receptionist you complain about, he is a staff member since nine years. He explained a different story to me then what you say. He said you came in totally drunk, talked to him in a bad way and you made big noise. From my side, the owner, I trust my staff, but in the same way, we tried to help you to solve this problem the morning after. If you are fair, you should mentioned this also in your review. You get from us exactly the compensation you asked for, even we are not sure about the hole story.

Aladin

Been to Nefertiti Hotel? Share your experiences!