“nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 57 hotels in Luxor
Brussels, Belgium
“nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Little Garden Hotel is an very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The beds were very comfortable. It was also very nice you could use free internet. The patio on the roof was wonderful. I have had a wonderful stay in Little Garden.
There was something not so nice, during my stay there were Korean visitors who were not so friendly and thought everything was for them.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed in the Little Garden Hotel for just over a week and was well impressed with the staff! They were very attentive and helpful!
The manager Barbara was wonderful to suggest any tours and did a great job with setting them up!
The rooftop patio is a great place to spend some time relaxing in the sun to read a book or listen to music.
I stayed in the oriental room which was a charming room!
I recommend this place to anyone traveling on a budget!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is one of the most comfortable and tasteful Hotels I have stayed in. The service was outstanding, the rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable. I was impressed with the staff and their friendliness and genuine desire to be helpful. I highly recommend it to any travelers. This is one of Luxors great treasures.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Grenoble, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

a very pleasant hotel well managed with a very pleasant young staff at its head the efficient and gentle Barbara.Internet was fluent including in rooms. we stayed 6 nights and of course for us the price was an important issue. The breakfast on the sunny terrace was a energizing moment especially end on december in the dawning morning.

Room Tip: large room on the rear side with a private balcoon/terrace. Calm. ask for good size sheets fitting t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel is located in a quiet area of Luxor. I think the "Oriental" room is a bit overrated. It's quite charming, but small and without much in the way of surface area to put anything on or good light. My young adult children were in a standard double room and had more space, more light and a nicer bathroom. I'd go for that next time.

Having read reviews before booking, I had expected a warm and friendly welcome. The welcome we got was quite indifferent. The young men at the desk seemed nice enough, but perhaps very shy. In any case, they didn't appear to have a good command of English (and my Arabic is quite lacking) and seemed more like people who'd been asked to stand-in for the people who are trained to do the job.

Breakfast, such as it is, was problematic. When we checked in we were asked what time we wanted breakfast. I told the desk staff 7 am on the roof deck as we had a tour leaving at 8 am. In the morning, when there was no visible staff on the roof and no obvious signs of food coming, I went to the desk and inquired. I was told breakfast would be there soon. It took two more trips down three flights of stairs and wasn't until 7:55 am that our food finally arrived, and then it was only for one person when we were four! If you want a real breakfast, you'd be better off planning to go elsewhere. We were each served a cold hard-boiled egg, a very small wedge of cream cheese, a small packet of jam and a roll. Thank goodness we had other food with us or we would have been very empty for our morning of touring. We asked for coffee, waited quite a while, then finally left without it because we were already late for the people picking us up for our tour. It was a very frustrating way to start our day and really influenced our overall experience at the hotel.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast elsewhere. Choose a standard room rather than paying more for the Oriental room--more...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
littlegardenlxregy, Front Office Manager at Little Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We welcome all comments, good and bad, because any problems that our guests experience help us to achieve our aim of making your stay with us perfect.

The lighting in the oriental rooms is deliberately subdued to create a romantic atmosphere and it is slightly darker due to the coloured light shade that matches the decor.

The receptionists that were here when you checked in were quite new to the job but their training is ongoing so I can assure you that they will improve.

For hygiene purposes our breakfast is served individually not set out as a buffet. I do appologise for the mix up in the breakfast time.
Normally our guests are asked to call down to reception from the phone in their room when they are ready to have breakfast so that it can be brought to them but this was obviously overlooked in your case. I appologise again for this.
We have also now reviewed our breakfast and have added some extra items.

We hope that your experience has not put you off returning to visit us again. If you give us a second chance then we can guarantee that next time your stay will be a better experience.

Please again accept our appologies for the problems that you experienced.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After my pe-booked tour dropped me at a dismal hotel, I went out and rebooked myself here, and it made my experience in Luxor! My room was adorable, the bathroom was sparkling clean, and the rooftop lounge is a beautiful oasis. It was actually my favorite place I stayed in Egypt!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have recently returned from Luxor, Egypt where I stayed at the Little garden hotel. I can not fault this hotel in any way, shape or form. It is purely excellent for the price. The staff are very friendly and welcoming right from the minute you walk through the door up to the time you leave, the room is clean and tidy with 24 hours hot water and air conditioning that cools the room within minutes. The hotel arranged a pick up for me from the airport and they had turned on the air conditioning in the room ready for when I arrived so it was nice and cool after my long journey. It is worth emailing the hotel beforehand so they are ready for your arrival and check in goes really smoothly as mine did. As their name says, their little garden is a lovely place to sit with a cold drink during the early evening and their roof is wonderful for a bit of sunbathing or to sit in the shaded area with a book and relax. I felt so at home and comfortable, they make you feel like one of the family. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Little Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!