“an sympathetic affordable sojourn” 4 of 5 stars

Little Garden Hotel
Radwan Street | from Television Street, Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #21 of 56 hotels in Luxor
Grenoble, France
“an sympathetic affordable sojourn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

a very pleasant hotel well managed with a very pleasant young staff at its head the efficient and gentle Barbara.Internet was fluent including in rooms. we stayed 6 nights and of course for us the price was an important issue. The breakfast on the sunny terrace was a energizing moment especially end on december in the dawning morning.

Room Tip: large room on the rear side with a private balcoon/terrace. Calm. ask for good size sheets fitting t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel is located in a quiet area of Luxor. I think the "Oriental" room is a bit overrated. It's quite charming, but small and without much in the way of surface area to put anything on or good light. My young adult children were in a standard double room and had more space, more light and a nicer bathroom. I'd go for that next time.

Having read reviews before booking, I had expected a warm and friendly welcome. The welcome we got was quite indifferent. The young men at the desk seemed nice enough, but perhaps very shy. In any case, they didn't appear to have a good command of English (and my Arabic is quite lacking) and seemed more like people who'd been asked to stand-in for the people who are trained to do the job.

Breakfast, such as it is, was problematic. When we checked in we were asked what time we wanted breakfast. I told the desk staff 7 am on the roof deck as we had a tour leaving at 8 am. In the morning, when there was no visible staff on the roof and no obvious signs of food coming, I went to the desk and inquired. I was told breakfast would be there soon. It took two more trips down three flights of stairs and wasn't until 7:55 am that our food finally arrived, and then it was only for one person when we were four! If you want a real breakfast, you'd be better off planning to go elsewhere. We were each served a cold hard-boiled egg, a very small wedge of cream cheese, a small packet of jam and a roll. Thank goodness we had other food with us or we would have been very empty for our morning of touring. We asked for coffee, waited quite a while, then finally left without it because we were already late for the people picking us up for our tour. It was a very frustrating way to start our day and really influenced our overall experience at the hotel.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast elsewhere. Choose a standard room rather than paying more for the Oriental room--more...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
littlegardenlxregy, Front Office Manager at Little Garden Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We welcome all comments, good and bad, because any problems that our guests experience help us to achieve our aim of making your stay with us perfect.

The lighting in the oriental rooms is deliberately subdued to create a romantic atmosphere and it is slightly darker due to the coloured light shade that matches the decor.

The receptionists that were here when you checked in were quite new to the job but their training is ongoing so I can assure you that they will improve.

For hygiene purposes our breakfast is served individually not set out as a buffet. I do appologise for the mix up in the breakfast time.
Normally our guests are asked to call down to reception from the phone in their room when they are ready to have breakfast so that it can be brought to them but this was obviously overlooked in your case. I appologise again for this.
We have also now reviewed our breakfast and have added some extra items.

We hope that your experience has not put you off returning to visit us again. If you give us a second chance then we can guarantee that next time your stay will be a better experience.

Please again accept our appologies for the problems that you experienced.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After my pe-booked tour dropped me at a dismal hotel, I went out and rebooked myself here, and it made my experience in Luxor! My room was adorable, the bathroom was sparkling clean, and the rooftop lounge is a beautiful oasis. It was actually my favorite place I stayed in Egypt!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have recently returned from Luxor, Egypt where I stayed at the Little garden hotel. I can not fault this hotel in any way, shape or form. It is purely excellent for the price. The staff are very friendly and welcoming right from the minute you walk through the door up to the time you leave, the room is clean and tidy with 24 hours hot water and air conditioning that cools the room within minutes. The hotel arranged a pick up for me from the airport and they had turned on the air conditioning in the room ready for when I arrived so it was nice and cool after my long journey. It is worth emailing the hotel beforehand so they are ready for your arrival and check in goes really smoothly as mine did. As their name says, their little garden is a lovely place to sit with a cold drink during the early evening and their roof is wonderful for a bit of sunbathing or to sit in the shaded area with a book and relax. I felt so at home and comfortable, they make you feel like one of the family. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Amersfoort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

For the second time I have been staying in this hotel during ten days and with much pleasure. The staff is friendly and always willing to help you. From the hotel you can easily visit the Luxor and Karnak Temple, cross the Nile for a trip on the West Bank, visit the souk as well as to walk through the busy alleys around the hotel. Rooms are cleaned daily, breakfast is served in the garden and do not forget the terrace on the roof.

Room Tip: Rooms at the backside me be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent a week here with my friend. It was cheap so I wasn't expecting me but it was such a great little find. The room was fine. The bathroom wasn't great but it was fine. You can't really complain for the price. It was cleaned everyday.

Breakfast was basic but good. We ordered food from the menu a couple of times and each time it was great. Staff were very friendly- knew good places we should go to eat, gave us great advice about visiting the sites.

My friend was looking to buy a shisha pipe and the guy at reception (forgot his name) was very willing to help us get a good price and not get ripped off.

Lovely rooftop terrace in this place. All the staff were always so nice and friendly. Especially the young Egyptian guy who often worked on the rooftop terrace. This place is cheap but so good. Treated like royalty. Would recommend this place to anyone who's not too fussy about luxury. It's a good basic hotel and lovely lovely staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Grafton Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Barbara and the rest of the staff are very friendly at this great little hotel, which features a little courtyard front garden. Wi Fi is available as well as internet access. We enjoyed a number of meals from the menu over the course of three days staying there. It has a large rooftop dining, and lounging area. It is within walking distance to the train station and only a few kms away from the museum and temples. We picked the Asian room on the roof floor, with its domed brick roof and a little balcony added to its charm. the only negative thing was a problem with the floor pipes draining the water, but that was seen to while we were there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Little Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!