“Perfect start” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 57 hotels in Luxor
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Perfect start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Our first trip to Egypt , only been back a few days . Lotus was our first hotel we booked in for 5 and stayed 6 days . After reading some of the reviews was a little wary . It was a great hotel our room was very clean , the pool is great . The breakfast is fine we did not expect 5 star nor paid for 5 star . Any one who complains will complain about about anything in life . We met some wonderful people will go back to the lotus We had 5 weeks touring around 10 hotels. Great views of Nile. We went on the hot air ballon wow amazing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just got back from a nice holiday with my daughter ...The hotel entrance and pool area is very nice ...The bedrooms are ok but could be cleaned to a better standard. The staff was very helpful on many occasions ,,,nothing was to much trouble so well done lotus staff ..The pool was heated which was nice ,,as the weather did cool down towards the end of the afternoon .
I would stay at this hotel again ,,,because the staff made us feel very welcome ...And the hotel on the whole was value for the money we paid ...
You do get a bit of hassle when leaving the hotel but me and my daughter just said no thank you ,,and the locals seem to accept that ....We did eat in a couple of restaurants ,,one is called Snobs which is in the street opposite to the lotus and the other is just across the road which is called King Tuts ...I would recommend both of them and they do very good veggie as I don't eat meat .... This hotel my be small but as a big warm welcome for the guest ,,,and I am looking forward to my next stay ...Well done the lotus

• Stayed November 2012
Millom Cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just got back after 3 weeks staying at The Lotus. The location is great with the nile in front and the West bank. The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh linen and towels provided. The buffet breakfast was adequate for the price. Some people complained about the service but this is not 5* but there was a good choice and if you wanted anything else you just had to ask. The location was good with the English restaurants just over the road. We found a new shop called The Tobacconist which sells cigs and tobacco. I missed getting duty free on the plane (not a smoker myself) but someone always asks me and got genuine English tobacco and cigs. Not Chinese as some of the vendors sell. Also the owner has taxis and a bus so we booked some trips at the same time. The service was first class and the driver spoke excellent English and the prices were fixed. Have booked to go back to the Lotus again next May.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my 3rd visit to Luxor and my first 2 visits I stayed at the Sonesta St George, as this was my second holiday of the year and I was expecting to stay at an apartment (sadly unfinished) I was on a tight budget. I originally booked into the Gaddis for 3 nights sadly a big mistake but i soon moved out and into the Lotus. Because of the price I was not expecting anything special but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. My tour guide from Luxor For You had recommended the Lotus and he was spot on. The hotel was spotless the staff were helpful and friendly. My only niggle were the staff at the pool bar who could barely be bothered to move, the pool attendant/cleaner on the other hand could not be more helpful. I liked to take my coffee out by the Nile in the morning and he never failed to spot me coming and went to fetch an ashtray for me without my asking and he never ever waited for a tip. Until the apartment is ready I will most definitely stay at this hotel again. I plan to return in April and I am sure I will not be disappointed. I stayed on the 5th floor and the view was breathtaking I saw the hot air balloons every morning and couldn't think of a better or more relaxing way to start the day.One other point each floor has security cameras so as a solo female traveller I felt safe when coming to and from my room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nice smart hotel, beer a bit expensive...try the kings head pub over the road for cheaper beer and food...nice pool and pool bar and excellent view of the Nile for stunning sunsets over the Valley of The Kings. In town centre so handy for taxis to Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum etc (only five minutes away). Like most of Egypt though you will be besieged by people trying to sell you things the moment you set foot in the street. Rooms very good although gave up trying to get any sense out of the TV. Couple of little grocery stores next to the entrance (one of them called Asda!) and good book shop over the road for no hassle purchase of books and postcards (Aboudy). Part of an Expat Explore trip (budget) so much better hotel than I was expecting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Last year in March, I wrote some nice things about this hotel and I added that I'd better keep it for myself. But I did not and many (too many?) people followed my advice and came to enjoy the Lotus swimming pool area. So what did Lotus? They doubled the price! They doubled the price! So, am I stupid? Yes! Won't happen again. Certainly not here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with an excellent location at the bank of the river Nile. Unfortunately the pool was closed because of maintenance. Wonderful view from the hotel terrace. Peaceful and quiet. Most of the rooms have balcony facing the Nile, but we didn't because it was a three-beds room.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Lotus Luxor Hotel? Share your experiences!