“Good Hotel with Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Iberotel Luxor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khaled Ebn El Waleed St., Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Stafford UK
“Good Hotel with Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a week at this hotel following our Nile Cruise with Thomson. The cruise was excellent - with a great crew (The Crown Prince), Although initally we had a boat change and a further change at the airport - but we were not disappointed in the slightest. It is well worth going All Inclusive or upgrading on arrival. The whole week was fabulous - even though there was very little entertainment other than the crew it did not in any way spoil our holiday. A special thanks to the Boat Manager (Ismail) who is always on hand to deal with any issues.

Now to the Iberotel Luxor - sorry for going on about the cruise!!
The hotel is located in the centre of the town just a short walk from where the majority of cruisers moor up (and there are lots of them at the moment due to the reduction in tourist traffic). The reception staff are very helpful and on hand 24/7 - a special mention to Mohammed who always had time for a smile and a laugh!!

Although the hotel is a little tired it is kept spotlessly clean by the staff - and the swimming pool in the Nile is probably the cleanest pool we have seen on our travels. All of the waiters are very attentive, but at times particularly in the restaurant at breakfast time can be 'over attentive'

The food was varied, and although theme nights were supposedly arranged every night you couldnt really identify such. The food was generally good and always hot with a wide selection. The hotel does attract a lot of lunchtime visitors in the restaurant (coachloads!!) so we chose to eat at the poolside which in itself was very good. The same menu is available in the bar.

The only concerns we have with Luxor is the carriage drivers who are an absolute pain as are many of the vendors and shop keepers. If only they would leave tourists alone a little they would probably get more business!!

A must is Afternoon Tea at the Winter Palace - a short walk from the hotel and at the moment costs 150EP

We also recommend Hassan who has a little boat moored between the swimming pool and the Hotel's Cruiser - we took an afternoon tour to Banana Island to see the sunset and it was well worth the money! His mint tea is also 'one of the best'

Would we go back? Not really as we have other places to visit but this tour is well worth the money and a visit - whilst you can still go there (as trouble appears to be just around the corner)

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have a Nile View Room - much quieter and the view of the Valley of the Kings is un...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Luxor to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

As a result of our efforts, we have achieved the following awards” Tripadvisor certificate of excellence, zoover award & recommendation, travel gold award, ISO 14001, prize from holiday test “seal of quality” by Resien.de and Regional winner check safety first award for maintain the highest level of health & safety standard in the region”. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvement in 2013.

Mohamed Hassan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I wasn't impressed from the outside, however I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the lobby. The hotel opened out into a large lobby area, leading onto the restaurant and bar, then outside to a large patio area and down to the pool overlooking the Nile. The staff were friendly, room was clean and nice small balcony with a side Nile view. The decor and furniture in the hotel was a bit dated and not as glamorous as some of the other hotels, however this didn't bother me because the view and location outweighed this. I was on all-inclusive so breakfast, lunch, dinner and local alcoholic drinks where included. Breakfast was excellant with a good choice cereal, fruit, ham, cheese, cooked breakfast and freshly made danish pastries. Also a chef did freshly made omelettes and pancakes to order. Lunch and dinner were also of a buffet style, however by day 3 I found them a bit 'samey' and uninspiring so I decided to eat with the locals, in local restaurants. A great way to mix with the locals and the food was fantastic. A couple of things that I weren't impressed with are the musician Fadel because his singing was really depressing and at lunchtime if you haven't had it by 1pm forget it because boats/coaches of day trips come in for their lunch stop and the restaurant cannot cope.

Room Tip: Side nile room is a good option. Nile room at a supplement.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wigan, Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

02/01/2013 - 16/01/2013.

Room 407.

All Inclusive with Thomson Holidays through First Choice.

This was our second stay at Iberotel, Luxor.

Our first stay was back in 1997, when it was Novotel, Luxor.

Due to health reasons, we had been unable to travel abroad for four years and after years of bad weather in the UK, we desperately needed some guaranteed sun, so where else could we choose to go in January, but Luxor.

Always had good memories of this Hotel and our second visit did not disappoint.

Iberotel, Luxor is without doubt, situated in the best position in Luxor, being close to all amenities and of course, being right alongside the glorious River Nile.

Not being a large Hotel, the wonderful Staff all get to know you and all go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one.

Iberotel is a beautiful, clean, homely Hotel with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean.

Our room benefitted from a fabulous Nile view, overlooking the West Bank, including the Valleys of the Kings / Queens, which are all lit up at night in spectacular fashion.

There are beautiful gardens leading from the Hotel Bar and Restaurant down to the side of the Nile where the pool area is situated on a floating raft, right on the Nile - a fabulous position !!!

As we have mentioned, the staff cannot do enough to make your stay a memorable one and we feel as though we should thank by name, a few of those lovely people:
Front Office Manager - Mr. Mahmoud.
Reception - Mohamed.
Restaurant - Ahmed and Hafez.
Pool Area - Hagag and Adel.
Bar Area - Mohamed and Mahmoud.

It has to be said, Mahmoud in the bar is without doubt, the shining star in Iberotel, Luxor.
Mahmoud goes way above the call of his duty to make your stay a memorable one.
He is always pleasant, friendly, smiling and happy, nothing is too much trouble for him.

Having seen all the sights of this area in previous years and having done the length of The Nile on a cruise four years ago, we were just looking for a relaxing break, doing nothing but chilling out for two weeks.

Iberotel, Luxor was the ideal choice for this holiday as, being centrally situated, we could easily walk into Town and have a good look around the market area, five minutes away.

One highlight of our holiday, was a hot air balloon flight with "Dream Balloons" over on the West Bank, where we flew over the Valleys for almost an hour - a fabulous experience that we would certainly recommend.

Thank you Iberotel, Luxor !!!

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for a Nile view. You can sit on your balcony and watch the ships sail m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, January 30, 2013

cheshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am going back as the carriage drivers are not haning out side and you can get local bus50 c but I will give 1le not far to walk to restaunts and close to the local ferry worth a trip just past Winter Palace on nile level
Tring agian as now hav heated pool to cold in winter not to have!! It was the Novotel befor but looks as if done up go on 6 march but going to Cairo for few days, then back for 8 Days should be around 24 to 28 just getting hot.
I am expecting good sevice and food
might be disappointed as sinle room! small but will say in March
Staying in Nile Palace and Sonester area is now a nightmare with horses !!!

Room Tip: let you know, but garden veiw is a must as it over looks nile and gardens. Quite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well, I have got many things to say about this exceptional hotel. To start with, it has got an excellent location in Luxor, it is just 5 minutes walk to Luxor temple, the souk and so many restaurants so it saves you much time. It is just on the east bank of the Nile river having a stunning view of the Nile and the west bank and more ever, fantastic sunsets that are really breathtaking. I had the room 501 in the fifth floor having 180 degrees panoramic view of the Nile and I always prepared my self daily to be in the balcony to enjoy sunset. The room itself was capacious and tidy. The bed was big and comfortable, there is a nice TV and a safe, and a very good bathroom. The housekeeping always take care of your room every day. What is really interesting in the staff of this hotel is their attentiveness and quick response, I remember I had a problem logging in the hotel WiFi in the begining, I just called the reception , in no more than 5 minutes the IT member came to my room and fixed everything, also I really liked that all the staff there knew me, my name and my room number from the first day. I have to say this hotel has got nice staff especially their reception staff who are really perfect, I still remember the nice smiles of Hamees and Mariam, and also active Mohammed. Someone I really want to give special thanks is Tarek in the reception, he is perfect by all means, always smiling, always helpful more than you imagine, always attentive with nice sense of humour and I felt him very professional knowing very single detail of my trip, my room and my preferences, and I was totally astonished to know that Tarek is still a trainee with his exceptional level of professionalism indicating that this hotels knows how to recruit its staff. Also, I have to mention Khaled in the restaurant who is really a nice and generous guy, he was very helpful and knew the table and food I prefer from the first day, really impressive. I remember also that nice bell man who kept my luggage after check out as I had an evening flight who was really nice to give me a place to change before going to the airport. To some up, although the location of this hotel, its rooms, restaurants and food are great indeed, the most important and exceptional point in this hotel is its excellent staff indeed. Go there, you'll enjoy it I'm sure ...

Room Tip: Nile view rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, January 27, 2013

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotels throughout Egypt are severely underbooked since the 2011 Revolution, so they're making up the difference by a combination of cutting back on renovations, lowering rates, and reducing or charging more for certain services. I've rated this property with this fact in mind...

Got the lobby view room for a steal, figuring I wouldn't spend enough time in the room to make it worth $20/night more for the Nile View, but street view would be too noisy.
It worked out fine, except the room got a bit warm, and putting the thermostat on the coolest setting didn't seem to help, but opening the door exposed us to more noise and smoke (people can smoke in the lobby).
We spent some time at the pool, which was even nicer than it looked in the pictures. The gardens are also nice.
Breakfast was decent, with a good variety of hot and cold foods.
Note: They charge 40 Egyptian pounds/half hour to connect to their internet (wired or wireless), but if you head down Television St a few blocks away, you can use an internet cafe for 2.50-5 pounds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Iberotel in november and had a great holiday. Its the first time we have stayed all-inclusive, and it really did save us alot of money. The staff are, as I say fantastic! They are very helpfull and cheerful. We felt sad for the people of Luxor, it was supposed to be one of their peak tourist times and yet was very quite in terms of tourist numbers. Please go, its history and people are amaizing, and there is nothing more beautiful then listening to the call to prayer overlooking a moonlit nile.
Its the second time we have been to Luxor. The first time we stayed in the Sheraton and it was summer. Too hot and too far out of the centre of Luxor. At the Iberotel we were given side rooms which meant we could sit and look out over the nile whilst also getting to look at what was going on on the road - very entertaining at times!
The entertainment of a night is, as it is in other hotels in Luxor, low key. The man who sings and plays keyboard does a great job in the bar, without being too intrusive. Basically you are up early to see the sites so dont need the full on entertainment of other holiday resorts.
Go!!

Room Tip: Side rooms give you the best of both worlds, good nile views and road/roundabout view. We were on th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, January 28, 2013

Mohamed Hassan

Been to Iberotel Luxor? Share your experiences!