“. going back after 24 years to this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Iberotel Luxor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khaled Ebn El Waleed St., Luxor, Egypt   |
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
cheshire UK
“. going back after 24 years to this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am going back as the carriage drivers are not haning out side and you can get local bus50 c but I will give 1le not far to walk to restaunts and close to the local ferry worth a trip just past Winter Palace on nile level
Tring agian as now hav heated pool to cold in winter not to have!! It was the Novotel befor but looks as if done up go on 6 march but going to Cairo for few days, then back for 8 Days should be around 24 to 28 just getting hot.
I am expecting good sevice and food
might be disappointed as sinle room! small but will say in March
Staying in Nile Palace and Sonester area is now a nightmare with horses !!!

Room Tip: let you know, but garden veiw is a must as it over looks nile and gardens. Quite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well, I have got many things to say about this exceptional hotel. To start with, it has got an excellent location in Luxor, it is just 5 minutes walk to Luxor temple, the souk and so many restaurants so it saves you much time. It is just on the east bank of the Nile river having a stunning view of the Nile and the west bank and more ever, fantastic sunsets that are really breathtaking. I had the room 501 in the fifth floor having 180 degrees panoramic view of the Nile and I always prepared my self daily to be in the balcony to enjoy sunset. The room itself was capacious and tidy. The bed was big and comfortable, there is a nice TV and a safe, and a very good bathroom. The housekeeping always take care of your room every day. What is really interesting in the staff of this hotel is their attentiveness and quick response, I remember I had a problem logging in the hotel WiFi in the begining, I just called the reception , in no more than 5 minutes the IT member came to my room and fixed everything, also I really liked that all the staff there knew me, my name and my room number from the first day. I have to say this hotel has got nice staff especially their reception staff who are really perfect, I still remember the nice smiles of Hamees and Mariam, and also active Mohammed. Someone I really want to give special thanks is Tarek in the reception, he is perfect by all means, always smiling, always helpful more than you imagine, always attentive with nice sense of humour and I felt him very professional knowing very single detail of my trip, my room and my preferences, and I was totally astonished to know that Tarek is still a trainee with his exceptional level of professionalism indicating that this hotels knows how to recruit its staff. Also, I have to mention Khaled in the restaurant who is really a nice and generous guy, he was very helpful and knew the table and food I prefer from the first day, really impressive. I remember also that nice bell man who kept my luggage after check out as I had an evening flight who was really nice to give me a place to change before going to the airport. To some up, although the location of this hotel, its rooms, restaurants and food are great indeed, the most important and exceptional point in this hotel is its excellent staff indeed. Go there, you'll enjoy it I'm sure ...

Room Tip: Nile view rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Luxor to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

As a result of our efforts, we have achieved the following awards” Tripadvisor certificate of excellence, zoover award & recommendation, travel gold award, ISO 14001, prize from holiday test “seal of quality” by Resien.de and Regional winner check safety first award for maintain the highest level of health & safety standard in the region”. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvement in 2013.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotels throughout Egypt are severely underbooked since the 2011 Revolution, so they're making up the difference by a combination of cutting back on renovations, lowering rates, and reducing or charging more for certain services. I've rated this property with this fact in mind...

Got the lobby view room for a steal, figuring I wouldn't spend enough time in the room to make it worth $20/night more for the Nile View, but street view would be too noisy.
It worked out fine, except the room got a bit warm, and putting the thermostat on the coolest setting didn't seem to help, but opening the door exposed us to more noise and smoke (people can smoke in the lobby).
We spent some time at the pool, which was even nicer than it looked in the pictures. The gardens are also nice.
Breakfast was decent, with a good variety of hot and cold foods.
Note: They charge 40 Egyptian pounds/half hour to connect to their internet (wired or wireless), but if you head down Television St a few blocks away, you can use an internet cafe for 2.50-5 pounds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Iberotel in november and had a great holiday. Its the first time we have stayed all-inclusive, and it really did save us alot of money. The staff are, as I say fantastic! They are very helpfull and cheerful. We felt sad for the people of Luxor, it was supposed to be one of their peak tourist times and yet was very quite in terms of tourist numbers. Please go, its history and people are amaizing, and there is nothing more beautiful then listening to the call to prayer overlooking a moonlit nile.
Its the second time we have been to Luxor. The first time we stayed in the Sheraton and it was summer. Too hot and too far out of the centre of Luxor. At the Iberotel we were given side rooms which meant we could sit and look out over the nile whilst also getting to look at what was going on on the road - very entertaining at times!
The entertainment of a night is, as it is in other hotels in Luxor, low key. The man who sings and plays keyboard does a great job in the bar, without being too intrusive. Basically you are up early to see the sites so dont need the full on entertainment of other holiday resorts.
Go!!

Room Tip: Side rooms give you the best of both worlds, good nile views and road/roundabout view. We were on th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, January 28, 2013

Hartlepool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just returned from Iberotel on 9th January and had a really good time.
Rooms:
As requested we were given a nile viewand worth the extra. We were in room 510 so had the benefit of a nile view and a part view of the Corniche. Enjoyed watching the police check cars.
Entertainment
Didnt enjoy singer at all would have preferred some background music instead. Didnt expect anything as Egypt very low key.
Staff
Brilliant and very friendly. A few in particular stood out such as Ali in the restaurant, the bar staff on a night time and the pool lad. Particular mention has to be made to Mr Mahmoud the manager on the front desk for all his help, really appreciate it.
Hassle
A fair amount of hassle as there are very few tourists about so everyone desperate for business.
Would love to go back.
Thank you to everyone at the Iberotel for a fabolous holiday, thanks for the birthday cake as well

Room Tip: Ask for room 510 or 511 for the best of the both worlds. Nile and street view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Spent one week in Iberotel and was very satisfied. The rooms are just all right but the surroundings are excellent. Very nice garden and very nice pool area placed on the Nile! There are several restaurants on the hotel and the food is all right. Staff all over the hotel are absolutely kind and service minded.

Room Tip: Wifi is NOT free and I recommend you ask for a room close to a hotspot if you want to use the wifi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited the iberotel back in September, great all inclusive deal,friendly staff and a good location. Quiet, we easily met everyone staying in the hotel over ten days, be prepared to bump into everyone at dinner,the pool and on excursions. If you're thinking of staying here, there's a great guy moored by the pool, calls himself Craig David (Mohammed) he's great fun, organised all our trips at easily half price, so go see him!
Hotel was nice and clean, make sure you get a room that's outward facing, oddly this hotel does have some that face the inner courtyard, no idea why they'd put you there while its so quiet, but you never know.
Many guests we stayed with complained at the food offered on buffet, maybe it's the age gap but at 25 there wasn't anything in there I disliked. While you're there go check out the right side of the buffet. Most nights there's a chef just standing there, he's there to cook and serve things to order, so get in there at breakfast and dinner!
Pool food was great, staff down there are really good, being kind will get you extras and better service..trust me.
Outside the hotel the usual cluster of local sellers will trail you down the street, persist with whatever you're doing and don't be rude! Past a certain point they will eventually leave you alone. Be aware that they all know each other, so giving away details of good deals you've had elsewhere as a deterrent will cause trouble for someone else.
Locally, Luxor temple is very good, watch out for the guys sitting around inside, they'll take you aside to show you odd inscriptions for small change, on the whole if you have a guide of any kind, whether you paid or just met someone and tagged along, locals will leave you to it. If you're alone or with your partner, they move in. It's worth mentioning that although we had a great time, these guys will use every trick in the book and every emotion available, guilt, sadness and even anger to get you to part with some money..as soon as you do, they change and walk off. If you don't and you see them off, they'll pick up where they left off next time they see you, hold your nerve!
Do the balloon ride, visit the valley of the kings, see the markets, go with Craig and swim in the Nile. You will love it all once you relax! Oh and whatever they tell you, it's worth half..even if they smash it on the floor, half. If you pay full, I guarantee you'll see it two days later at market..and you'll want to throw it then!

Overall a great hotel made better if you're willing to venture out, something you can even do with the staff if you befriend them :D Have fun!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mahmoud A, Front Office Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Mohamed Hassan

Been to Iberotel Luxor? Share your experiences!