“Small but lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Puerto Del Carmen, Spain
33 attraction reviews
“Small but lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

For some reason this lovely temple get overlooked by the tour firms.We found it in some of our referance books and decided to give it a visit, we have been back twice since. This is a very pretty temple with lovely wall carvings and a really good nile omiter. If you pick up one of the egyptian guides by the entrance they will give you a lot of information as they show you around. We have been lucky to get a little man who really knows the temple well. Unfortunatly at some of the temples you get a local guide who knows nothing about the monument but just rants on about a load of rubbish to try and get a tip from you.At the temple of Seti we have been very lucky, if you know a small amount about the monuments and get a good guide it can really enhance your visit. Seti is well worth a visit it is not far from the ramaseum so if you are travelling with a local tour firm ask them to include it in your days itinery.

Visited October 2010

Swansea, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
“Best value temple on the West Bank!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This temple is always a must with us, and inevitably we are the only visitors! Attractive, atmospheric & interesting - and at LE30 pp it is also amazing value!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“A MISSED GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

This not often visited temple is easily got to – It’s not that far from the Ramasseum - Is well worth the trip.

Not sure why no-one goes, but someone told us there was nothing to see there!!

Please see my Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/elaref

Sorry - I might have got carried away with pressing the shutter button!

Wander all the way through the Temple. When you get to the back of the halls you can use steps to climb the mud brick wall and walk back along the parapet, for a great over vie

geneva
“worth seeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2006

A lovely temple with beautiful reliefs from the glorious time of Seti 1, the father of Ramses II. No tourists, and only a 15 minute bike ride from the Ramasseum...

Maidstone, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
“tranquility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

On my third trip to Egypt I decided to see some of the sites that I hadn't previously seen. As I have a special interest in the 19th Dynasty, the temple of Seti 1 was an obvious choice. I found a very tranquil place with some fabulous carvings. Some of the temple was destroyed in an earthquake but the feeling of the temple is still there and also some of the colour.

There is some work in progress in that the garden is being restored. The outline of the palace which Seti would have used when visiting the temple for festivals ect is outlined.

It is also the subject of one of David Roberts painting.

Unfortuatly I am unable to add photos as I do not possess a digital camera