“Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Milan, Italy
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Visited the Hilton in Luxor in April 2014 with my family. It was an amazing experience from the beginning until the end. It was my mom's birthday and I therefore called the hotel one day in advance to organise a bouquet of flowers in the room at her arrival. Not only they were happy to organise it, but when we arrived the room was full of flowers, balloons, and happy birthday messages... it was amazing! They also gave us a complimentary cake after dinner.
For the rest the food, the service, the rooms and the location were all just perfect. The hotel has great design touches, and the spa is especially beautiful. Certainly the best hotel in Luxor.

Room Tip: Nile view rooms are worth the additional price
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

I really could not find the suitable words to express my appreciation for your kind observations about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa that you shared with us thru the Tripadvisor site.

I am so happy to learn that our facilities exceeded your high expectations and made your holiday enjoyable.

Your kind comments about the staff have been conveyed to them and they are so delighted to know that their efforts were up to your satisfaction and of course your comments will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again to our sunny resort.

Yours sincerely,

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is an outstanding hotel.it is beautifully set on the banks of the Nile-gardens, pool and spa areas are superbly maintained.

The level of service is exemplary. From concierge to housekeeping to restaurant and pool staff- all ensure a wonderful welcome.

Despite the downturn in tourism, the hotel has kept opened its three restaurants serving fresh ingredients and authentic cuisine according to the speciality of the restaurant.

It is to the great credit of the hotel that it has continued to deliver the highest standards in a period of considerable difficulty for tourism. Luxor is safe to visit and from a selfish point of view none better for a visit to the West Bank. In a number of tombs we were on our own- a rare privilege.

The hotel has our highest recommendation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your precious time that you spent to share with us your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa via the tripadvisor site.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our staff services made your holiday memorable one.

I shared personally your great remarks about our team members with them and rest assured that we will continue to strive for excellence.

Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you soon back again to our sunny resort.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great view and outdoor design by the Nile. I had a great experience staying at this Hilton with exceptional staff. It is an exceptional skyline pool; when you are swimming there, you feel like you are part of the Nile. The spa has great service and professional staff. As for food, the Asian restaurant was quite impressive; however, the other restaurants were just okey.

I had incidence where my room's telephone shortcut keys were not working, balcony door net fell off, but the staff was very helpful and addressed the problem fairly quickly. Moreover, I received a grand tour to most of the rooms with different design before I settled down with the one I like. It was very kind and open policy there. The hotel staff also arranged a boat ride in Nile and the price was very reasonable (according to an independent travel agent who arranged the trip to me who also offered another boat ride package).

I highly recommend this hotel to whom visiting Luxor

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you so much for your feedback that you posted on the tripadvisor site about your recent stay at our resort.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest and I am really proud to know that our facilities and team members’ efforts exceeded your high expectations.

I shared personally your feedback with our team members and they were so happy to know that their efforts were up to your entire satisfaction.

Looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort which I hope to be in the near future.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I don't understand why this hotel received such a high rating. I stayed in two other places (Cairo and Aswan, 5-star) earlier in the week and this was the most disappointing. I stayed 3 nights (April 2014). Most everything was met with a problem or a hassle, but on the upside, the staff did (mostly) try to fall over themselves to fix it. The food was poor and seemingly microwaved where possible (except breakfast), the room bathroom water occasionally ran brown and bubbled with air, my keycard stopped working on 2nd day, followed by my room phone not working, followed by housekeeping having issues, the one ATM at the hotel did not work (with the next nearest one needing a taxi to get to), one taxi guy they gave me incessantly tried to sell me on hashish and women (maybe taxis are not vetted here? - they were in Cairo), and the website I used for the 3rd night "confirmed" my reservation with Hilton but Hilton denied it (so I had to fight that). I'm likely forgetting other little things. Two hassles can be forgiven, but this was constant - as if the place opened yesterday. Staff kept telling me "don't worry", but well, apparently there was reason to worry. Hence, a very poor value. If I had to do it over again, I'd try the Sofitel or a place closer to town.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear valued customer,

First of all we would like to thank for having chosen the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa for your recent stay in Luxor. We are disappointed to read that we were not able to exceed your high expectations, you rightly have when staying at our property.

Concerning the different issues raised let us reply in details as follows:

1. All our food items are freshly prepared by our kitchen team and I can assure you that none of our offerings is microwaved. We are rated as Number 1 Worldwide for our food quality following very strict standards and audited by an external company, operating in 50 countries all over the continents.

2. Our water supply follows the same strict standards and hygiene procedures. Occasionally after a necessary maintenance intervention and legionella control audt, it can happen that the water runs darker for a short while.

3. Key cards have a magnetic stripe and by storing it with a mobile device it could get deactivated. Another explanation could be that your initial reservation was for 2 nights only and for guest's safety our key cards are programed for the initial length of stay only. Of course within minutes a new keycard can be obtained from the reception team.

4. The disfunctioning of the ATM machine was brought to the attention of the responsible bank manager and it was repaired within 3 hours. In addition I would like to highlight that our front desk team is available to help and assit when the ATM machine does not work. You could have asked for a paid-out in Egyptian pounds on your room folio to cover your requirements. In addition no need to take a taxi to the ATM machine in town, as we offer a free shuttle service on a specific time table.

5. Concerning your reservation I understand that your initial reservation was for 2 nights only and that you extended for one additional night during your stay with a 3rd party. It seems that you had a certain miscommunication with this 3rd party and therefore our team could not find the reservation in our system. I am glad to read that my team was finally able to solve this issue.

6. Your remark about the taxi drivers, who are not employees to the hotel has been raised with the concerned authorities. Your suggestion about vetting the taxi drivers was also communicated to the Tourism and Traffic police for their further perusal.

Having read closely your comments, we feel proud that our team members were able at any time to overcome any of your issues. It shows their dedication to deliver excellence under any circumstances.

We all look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, to be able to demonstrate what our company values stand for.

Sincerely Yours

لندن, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This Hilton is in its class of its own. It's a renovation so there are limits to how much the actual buildings can be developed. Howver the landscape, the location makes up for this limitation. But above all the human resources are incredible. The staff are great individuals and they are an embodiment of hospitality, professionalism and grace with smiles on top! Way to go Luxor Hilton1 Keep it up!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for having chosen our resort to spend your holiday.

I am really happy to read that you had a memorable stay with us and the friendly & helpfulness service of our team exceeded your high expectations.

Our Hilton promise is to ensure that every guest feels cared for valued and respected.

Your recognition note was conveyed to the entire team members and they appreciate it so much.

Looking forward for your next visit to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Christoph schleissing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Excellent service and friendly staff. The hotel was some far from downtow, so it makes it quiet. Plenty taxis at the door. I you are looking for a good taxi, I recommend to use the ones from the hotel,, not at Thomas Cook. The General Manager was always around the guest asking if everything was fine. Also the staff was always willing to assist. I have never seen such a drive in any staff hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa thru the tripadvisor site. I am very honoured that you have chosen our hotel for your precious holiday time. It is my utmost pleasure to read that we exceeded your high expectations.

Many thanks for taking the time to advise us that our personalized service was up to your entire satisfaction. I shared your compliments with our team members and rest assured they are extremely pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, your "Home away from Home", in Egypt.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Would definately recommend this hotel. My partner and i stayed over the Easter break- it is a destination in itself with the added benefit of being near wonderful ancient sites. The pool is lovely, the spa and therapists some of the best we have experienced, the restaurant food very good, staff helpful & friendly but not over bearing. No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa….

Thank you indeed for your kind comments on tripadvisor site about your recent stay with us and it was our honor to have you as our guest.

I am very proud to read that your holiday at our resort was incredible and our services and the staff efforts exceeded your expectations.

Your feedback about the team members has been conveyed to them in particular with the spa team and they are so happy to know that their efforts have ended up to your entire satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.

Kind regards

Christoph schleissing

Been to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!