“To INFINITY and BEYOND!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O.Box 13 | New Karnak, Luxor 13, Egypt   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
“To INFINITY and BEYOND!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Loved this hotel, especially the infinity pool and Spa, it was simply sensational.

Great place for recharging your batteries, and getting some sunshine.

Our room overlooked the Nile and infinity pool, every night seemed to start with a beautiful sunset- it doesn't get much better than that.

We met a lady on the plane who lived in Luxor and she gave us a great tip for avoiding Deli-belly,
Wash (wet wipe or ant-bac gel)your hands EVERY TIME after handling cash. It worked for us!

Room Tip: Nile view by spa
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your recent holiday.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I shared your feedback with our entire team members who they are so happy to read it

Looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort again in the near future.

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights at the end of March and were immediately struck by the fantastic attitude of the staff and stunning aspect of the location. Food was excellent, and the general ambience was perfect for a relaxing break. I thank Hilton for that.

However there are a few niggly little things. Wifi in every room surely? The infinity pool though lovely needs repair - I picked countless little blue tiles out between toes. Ensure the taxis know where they are going when ordered through concierge (ours couldn't find restaurant and returned to the hotel). Chugging of the cruisers next door could annoy some. The general manager shouldn't whistle at his staff to impress his friends when his staff are talking to us!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you so much for your feedback that you posted on the tripadvisor site about your recent stay at our resort.

What an amazing to describe our property as a paradise, of course this expression will stimulate all of us to continuously strive for excellence.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest and I am really proud to know that our facilities and team members’ efforts exceeded your high expectations.

I shared personally your feedback with our team members, in particular with Ismail and Mohamed in the concierges and they are so happy to know that their efforts were ended up to your entire satisfaction.

Looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort which I hope to be in the near future.

Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Where to start? I would love to say this was the trip of a lifetime but can't as we fully expect to return in 2014! The standard of the hotel is of the highest calibre, matched only by the quality of the staff. GM Christoph has his team fully on board with him as they give a glowing example of the way EVERY hotel should look and run with genuinely friendly and courteous staff, immaculate rooms and spotless pool and lounging areas. We were made to feel as if we were royalty daily and I can honestly find NOTHING to criticise! Well done to Christoph, Mohammed, Ahmed, Gamal and all the rest of the team. Outstanding!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear our Valued Customer,

I could not find the suitable words to express our appreciation for your kind post on tripadvisor.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest and I am very happy to know that we were able to make your holiday the most enjoyable trip.

I shared personally your comments with the entire team members in particular with Mohamed, Ahmed & Gamal, of course your remarks will stimulate them to maintain their high level service and spare no efforts to make the guests’ journey at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is always enjoyable and memorable.

Looking forward for your next visit in 2014 as you mentioned.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We travelled as a couple for a weeks stay at the hotel and I cannot say that I have stayed in a better run hotel before.

We arrived and had a lovely arrival with a very tasty welcome drink whilst at reception. We were then shown to our Deluxe Room which had been decorated especially for us which was a nice surprise. The deluxe room is well worth the extra cost as you get a lovely view of the Nile, and what sets it apart is the large balcony which we enjoyed sitting out on and having a glass of wine in the evening.

We were then brought a special cake free of charge to congratulate us on our anniversary which was such a good touch. The room was a perfectly good size with a nice bathroom, very fluffy towels and dressing gowns, all as you would get in the very best 5* star hotels around the world.

The food here is also wonderful, we ate at all the restaurants and had room service a few times and whether you want a club sandwich or burger or pizza to fresh fish or a fillet steak they can do it and they do it very very well! The vegetable tempura I had at Silk Road oriental was the best I've ever had. The service in all the restaurants was impeccable, all the staff are very polite and spoke good English which was brilliant for us. Sayed who did all our room service was an absolute hero, always very funny and happy to hear from us on he phone and then food was delivered within 20 mins every time. A real credit to the Hilton brand.

Also it is important to mention that the buffet dinner and breakfast here is not your standard bland and generic buffet, it is simply brilliant. There are huge number of options which are freshly prepared and there are about 3/4 chefs on call to talk you through the food and prepare fresh options for you at the grill station. The food is more like that you would find at quality a la carte London restaurant.

The pools and grounds are wonderfully kept, we chose to spend our mornings sun bathing by the spa infinity pool which was outstanding. It is adults only but as the hotel was not full we pretty much had the pool to ourselves which was lovely and that level of privacy would cost you thousands of pounds more normally. Here the staff are equally wonderful, they bring ice water out, cold towels and can't do enough to help. Khaled was great and he had our sun beds set up for us at 9am everyday before we made our way over after breakfast. You'd be hard pushed to find anywhere with better service and attention to detail.

The refurbishment of the hotel is stunning, the lobby and other common areas are finished very well with marble as far as the eye can see. All the common areas have free WiFi to and in the rooms near the pool you can get on to the wifi and use it for free in there too.

We went to the gym a few times too which is very well equipped and is the best view from a gym I think you'll find anywhere. It is right on the river front looking out over the Nile, so even if just fancy a strole on the treadmill it's a top spot.

We had a great couple of massages from Dezy at the Spa, it is reasonably priced and as with all other aspects of the hotel it just delivered on every front, lovely treatment rooms and lovely people to make it that bit better.

We spent the final 3 nights in the Nile Suite which was on the top floor. It was much bigger with a separate sofa and larger TV, the bathroom and dressing area were also vast. The only issue I had in there was that there were a confusing number of light switches but once we got the hang of which one did what it was okay, hardly a deal breaker! It is a lovely room too but be aware it doesn't have a large enough balcony to sit out on, but there are 2 smaller French balconys with absolutely stunning views.

Basically this is the best place I have ever stayed in Egpyt for sure and we've visited 3 times, there is nowhere in Luxor that can even come close to the quality of the Hilton, don't bother looking any further. I would go as far as to say that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in where the value for money is simply unbeatable.

We WILL travel to Luxor again just to go to the hotel, never mind all the wonderful sites and history that the city offers. Thanks for making our stay totally unforgettable.

Room Tip: Nile view is a must, I would always go for the deluxe as it is a bit larger with a large balcony. Ni...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am so happy to know that we were able to fill your holiday with the light and warmth of hospitality since the first moment of arrival.

I shared your recognition notes with the entire team members who they are so delighted to know that you had a memorable time with us. Of course your remarks will encourage them to strive to continue offering an excellence service.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon to ‘your home away from home” in Egypt.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

It was a pity to find the hotel empty. But I have enjoyed my time in this fabulous resort, with lovely view on the nile. The staff is very kind and welcoming. The food is great with a quality to compete with the most famous resturants in the world.

• Stayed July 2012
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for your post on tripadvisor site.

I am so happy to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and our facilities exceeded your high expectations.

I shared your comments with our team members and they appreciate it so much.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon at our sunny resort.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for a few months now and even though it refers to a stay that I booked for my parents in March this year - for seven days - I didn't want to miss the opportunity of writing about how fabulous the Luxor Hilton is. I booked a trip as a present for my parents for their wedding anniversary and was initially drawn to make the booking by all the glowing reviews on tripadvisor. They were so true! I booked a Spa Suite for a week on a bed and breakfast basis - which comes with it's own private Jacuzzi 9that the staff prepare for you on request). My parents could not praise this hotel enough - from the moment they were met at the airport by Mohammed, who offered my Mum a rose and cold welcome drinks! My parents found the quality of furnishings around the hotel and the rooms first class. The restaurants were all good quality and the breakfast selection was great - with fresh fruit, salads, juices and eggs to order. I would like to thank the whole team there but especially; Gehan, Badr and Shankar who personally took care of my parents every request. Gehan even arranged a special anniversary cake and decorated their room one evening and surprised my Mum with a bouquet of flowers and a basket of freshly baked pastries on Mother's Day! My parents could not recommend this hotel and setting enough, and would recommend it as a great place to relax and see some of the enchanting Egyptian temples and sights along The Nile. As someone who booked the holiday as a gift, I would highly recommend putting your trust in the staff at the Luxor Hilton - as they made my parents' stay perfect in every way. It is a shame that due to the current political climate, tourism is down in this area but my parents felt safe at all times during their time at the Hilton Luxor and when sightseeing. Thank you Hilton Luxor and especially Gehan for giving my parents a memorable week on The Nile, to celebrate their wedding anniversary. I look forward to arranging a trip myself in the future!

Room Tip: Spa Suite was great as you have your own personal Jacuzzi but you only get a balcony and nile view w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear our valued Customer,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor site and I want to inform you that we appreciate it so much.

I am really proud of our entire team members who made your parents’ holiday a memorable week and filled it with the light & warmth of hospitality.

I shared your recognition & thank you note with our team members in particular with Gehan, Shankar, Badr & Mohamed who they are so happy and looking forward for the next visit of your parents in the near future.

We hope to see you soon as you mentioned at our sunny resort.

Christoph schleissing
Errol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for three nights last week as part of a week long trip to Egypt to see friends in Cairo. The hotel is very quiet at the moment, mainly due to the severe drop in tourism that Egypt is suffering at the moment due, in part, to recent tensions and political unrest in Cairo.

The hotel was recently refurbished and although the shell of the building still seems dated, the interior is fresh and modern whilst still reflecting the local culture and style of decor. The pool area is superb and the pool bar is a welcome source of shade when the temperatures hit the mid-40°s. But the icing on the cake for this resort is the new spa area which is just breathtaking.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, polite and seem to be well trained in respecting guests privacy whilst still ensuring an attentive service. They are quick to help out when you need to move sun loungers by the pool and magically move your parasol around to keep you in the shade, even when you are sound asleep.

We were one of only about ten guests staying here and the peace and quiet was very welcome indeed after a morning's tour of the temples and Valley of the Kings, which left us hot and tired and desperate to get back to the pool. If you were lucky enough to be able to visit Luxor without feeling the need to complete all the tours and temple visits, then I could quite happily spend a fortnight relaxing by the pool and taking advantage of some of the most reasonably priced luxury we've been lucky enough to experience.

Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: A room with the Nile view is perfect - and you can also pick up the public wi-fi service in your roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear our valued Customer,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind review and recommendation on the tripadvisor site.

It is to our utmost pleasure to read that you were able to experience our warm hospitality and our team members’ efforts exceeded your high expectations and they were so attentive to your needs.

Our Hilton promise that our staff follow is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

Looking forward for your next visit again soon to “your home away from home” in Egypt.

Christoph Schleissing

Been to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!