“The staff make this resort, they are amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O.Box 13 | New Karnak, Luxor 13, Egypt   |
Special Offer
30% off Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
“The staff make this resort, they are amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We spent a week of our honeymoon here some years ago, and enjoyed it so much my sister and I had a ten day stay nine years ago. Yes, before the rehab it was a bit faded glory, but the staff were superb, and the fade and the glory rather added to the exotic touch. We were thrilled to return for a few days from 7th January, and the service has stayed at the same amazing level. We've already addressed praise for individual staff members directly to the hotel. Heaters and shawls for cool nights on the river front, a concierge who bent over backwards to sort a full day of personalised touring on little notice when it turned out Thomas Cook hadn't done anything in the three months since they'd taken the booking, just top class across the board. The pools are lovely, both inside and out, and the planting, even in the winter season is pretty and sparkled with delicate coloured lights.
Purely because the staff were so excellent, I find it quite a shame to say something negative :(
Unfortunately, we think the architect/designer who was responsible for the refurb slipped up on quite a few points. Previously when you entered the hotel the lobby was dominated by a stunning almost sculptural piece of work consisting of hanging bronze lanterns draped from floor to floor across the centre of the lobby. It was breathtaking, and unique, absolutely beautiful. The new lobby is an attractive marble space, with columns, and a tiered round skylight. It is nice, but it could be pretty much any marble foyer with columns and a central skylight, at any number of hotels in any number of cities round the world. Please reconsider this decorating decision! t
The new deluxe rooms have been built at the back of Olive's Restaurant, and a brief foray onto the balcony showed they are affected by strong cooking fat smells, and of course the noise from pool and restaurant side, so no privacy. Also, despite Luxor being a home of walking round ancient sites tourism - no baths to soak a worn out body at the end of the day! They've been removed from all rooms except the suites. We actually chose to upgrade from the deluxe to the suite based on the balcony and bath issues. The suite was lovely, though the bath was narrow. Oddly, the designer has partitioned off the toilet at one end of the bathroom, but then given it a glass door! Not quite sure what the point is, if you prefer a separated loo then a glass door rather defeats the privacy preference.
Regardless of brick bats for the architect, we will definitely be back, and we will continue to sing the praises of the people working here.

Room Tip: Give the hotel a call, and chat about what is important to you to work out between you where best to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen again Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your holiday.

Of course your kind feedback about the staff is highly appreciated and will encourage our team members to strive to continue for excellence.

I shared your comments with each one of team, and they are so happy to know that their personalized service has ended up to your enjoyment.

Your constructive comments about the new design, no bath in the room & fat smell have been taken into our consideration, but as you aware, some points are out of our hand to find solutions for them. Regarding the smell of fat; the issue will be discussed with the departments involved to see the best possible solution.

I would like to thank you again for your stay with us & for your valued remarks and looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a great time at the Hilton Resort and Spa in Luxor. This was the second time for Sue and as she predicted we had a wonderful time. The people of the the Resort are the highlight, courteous and professional, each and everyone. The room was nice and clean and the bed along with the cable TV provided was perfect for the time we spent in the room.

The on site restaurants were all good, our favorite was the poolside restaurant Olives. Mohamed took great care of us offering typical local Egyptian meals that were not on the menu once he knew food was our passion. For those that like to adventure a good Shisha smoke on the waterfront is the way to watch the sunset.

I highly recommend an evening of sailing on the Nile with wine and finger food all set up at the hotel using their Felucca Captained by Mohamed and his trusty first mate Allah. We made great use of the Fitness Center which is well equipped and maintained.

We organized multiple daily tours through the agency located on the hotel premises and were very pleased. Our first sightseeing tour was on the hot air balloon which I highly recommend. You get a great perception of how enormous the ancient city extended. Our personal tour guide, Shema, provided a wealth of knowledge on all the sites and history of the region.

A vacation must include some relaxing time and the Spa was perfect for poolside relaxing overseeing the Nile with lounge chairs, couches, and large hammocks to soak up the Sun between massages and treatments in the wonderful private rooms. Try the day package in the suite, very nice for a couple to unwind together..

We can't wait to head back next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for precious time that you spent to write your feedback about your recent holiday at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

It is great to read that the courteous and professional of the entire team members exceeded your high expectations.

I shared personally your remark with Mohamed about his efforts to offer the Egyptian meals you were looking for, I would like to inform you that this is Hilton Mission “to be the first choice of guests” by the personalized service we offer.

We hope to see you again soon at our sunny resort during your next visit to Egypt.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for a week at the beginning of January as part of a package tour. I think the reviews here overstate a little the quality of the hotel. First the good:
1. Location is great. The madness of downtown Luxor is avoided and the views of the Nile are great (we had a Nile View Room). The hotel, generally, is also very quiet (30 percent occupancy we were told).
2. The hotel was refurbished in 2008 and is exceptionally clean and well maintained.
3. The hotel staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. From the guy cleaning our room to the concierge staff, to the bar and restaurant staff, nothing was too much. Everything is anticipated. The concierge staff hired a taxi for us to tour (we used him thereafter repeatedly; pm me if you would like his car number) and even called him while we were travelling the first day to make sure everything was going OK.
4. The food in the hotel bar and the Asian restaurant is excellent, as was the breakfast.

The not so good:
1. Food: The price of food in the complex is not cheap but more importantly I would like see the prices quoted inclusive of the service charge and local taxes - which together add around 25 percent to the cost. I noted the Sofitel Winter Palace in downtown Luxor quoted net prices on their menus. Wine by the glass in the bar and restaurants is limited to local wines and a rather bad South African option. We took a taxi to eat and drink in the Winter Palace two evenings and found the offering to be better and no more expensive.
2. The main pool was very popular with families during our stay. Not a problem for us as we used the adult spa pool, but if I had to sit by the main pool it would not have been a very relaxing experience. Still, as I said, not a real negative, as we used the Spa pool which was excellent. I would not recommend this hotel for couples.
3. We found the Spa to be poorly run. This was the most disappointing element of the stay.
4. We had a room with a connecting door. For 6 of the 7 nights, we had complete peace. On the final night, the room next door was occupied. We could hear everything and, moreover, (their) cigarette smoke came into our room. Had it been like this for a week it would have been a very different experience. Be sure to ask for a non-connecting room.
5. The hotel rooms are very small. The bathrooms are particularly small and lack a bath.

Top tips:
- Walk to Karnak Temple for the light show
- Hire a taxi for trips to the other side of the river.
- It gets cold when the wind picks up and in the evening. Some days we could not sit by the pool.
- Get lots of Egyptian 5 and 10 pound bills for small tips. The Bank within the hotel (am only) is used of breaking larger notes.
- Eat at the Winter Palace at least once. They no longer have a jacket and tie acquirement for men.
- Our hotel staff also told us that we could pay to use the pool at the Winter Palace. We found this suggestion a little strange but the information may be useful for other travellers here (entry is around GBP10 per person as a day guest at the winter palace).

Dear our Valued Customer,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your valued comments on the tripadvisor site about your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Of course your positive comments are so appreciated by all the team members and will encourage them to improve their service to exceed your high expectations in the other areas that did not meet your entire satisfaction.

Regarding the food price to include service charge & taxes; your comment has been forwarded to the Accounting department to see the possibility to implement it.

Your remarks that the room & bathroom are small have been taken into our consideration for any future renovation project.

As for the noise coming from the connected room; I will discuss it with our Engineering department to find the proper solution for this issue.

I read your feedback that the Spa was the most disappointing element with much concern, kindly provide me with more details on the following email address Luxhi_GM@hilton.com, to be able to investigate the issue and take the necessary actions in order to avoid any inconvenience during your next visit to us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon to “your home away from home in Egypt”

Bolton UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place has to rank as one of the best hotels in the world for service. Where going above and beyond is the norm and nothing is too much trouble, The staff all seem to have a sixth sense who quickly learn about what you like and dislike to ensure you recieve a wonderful personalised service. Eerily at times they seemed to be one step ahead of your thought processes meaning things are done before you have to say. Quite Extraordinary!

I often talk and stress about the room quality and ameneties in my reviews on TA, but I shall leave it out in this occaison because you get everything you would from a five star resort. i.e comfy king size bed, flat screen TV, daily newspaper delivered every morning, complimentary high speed wifi in all public areas etc. On this occaison im going emphasize on the professionalism and quality of the standout service delivered by members of the Hilton Team.

Having been to Sharm before and experienced friendly but unprofessional service, I didn't know what I was going to expect on my 7 night stay at the Hilton Luxor. Sure I read Wonderful TA reviews on this place, but being somewhat of a skeptic, I tend to go with an open mind and without any expectation. There is nothing worse than going somewhere or doing something with very high expectations as your just going set yourself for an anti-climax However, I can quite easily say that the service at this place was faultless and outstanding I found that all members of staff were kind, courteous, friendly, happy and professional. They were delighted to serve you and heart warming smiles followed us throughout our stay.

Here are just a few examples of the amazing hospitality and wonderful service we recieved.

Upon arrival our luggage was taken care of, given a refreshing drink followed by a cold towel. My wife was presented with a rose and we were given a welcome dessert in our room.

1. When my wife sat for lunch and shivered slightly due to a cold draft, Abdul Nasser at Olives realised this and brought a cashmere shawl to put around my wife shoulders. This hugely impressed my wife.

2. I had dry and chapped lips which started to aggravate me during the holiday. When I went down to ask reception whether they had lip balm on site or if not, where I could buy it from, they made arrangement with a member of concierge to go to the chemist for me instead to retrieve one. Within 30 mins I had lip balm presented to me at no charge. Brilliant.

3. Our Housekeeper El Azab on the 2nd floor was amazing. He maintained and cleaned the room to very high standards, leaving us little gifts when finished. He has a great ability to produce some unique towel art. He would greet us all the time and on occaisions when he saw us leaving our rooms, he would go over to the lift and have it ready for us. Top Notch!

4. AbdulSalam was always on hand at the pool area. Bringing over Ice Cream when the sun peaked. Thank you for the games of Badminton too.

These were just some of the examples, I would also like to thank Eman and Gamal at Rosetta, Ismail at sunset terrace for always looking after us during lunch and drinks, and the pianist who would offer to take pictures of us when needed. I could go on and on but i would rather you go expereince it for yourselves.

It is evident that Christophe and the management team are doing a superb job and you will more than likely get to meet him and his personnel at the cocktail reception he holds every Monday at the sunset terrace. He really does take a keen interest in your stay and is looking to enhance your experience in any way possible. The staff are a credit to the Hilton Company.

I must also add that on the dining front the food was top notch whether it was at Rosetta, Olives or Silk Road, The quality of the meals were superb and comparable to high end restaurants and we enjoyed looking forward to each meal everyday.

Thank you for the wonderful memories!! We hope to see you soon!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa for your recent holiday and for your valued time that you spent to feed us back about your experience at our resort.

It is great to read that you had wonderful memories; we are so proud of our property & team members who did their utmost efforts to give you this impression.

Your examples about our staff wonderful service have been conveyed to each one of them, and they are so happy to know that their efforts exceeded your high expectations.

Many thanks for taking the time to advise us that our personalised service was up to your entire satisfaction. Of course your comments will encourage us to strive to continue for excellence.

The whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is looking forward to welcoming you & again very soon.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed for 14 nights including the New Year, and agree with almost every recent review. The position of this hotel is exceptional, with gardens reaching to a private river bank. Just trees and reeds on the far side, and in the distance the mountains of the Valley of The Kings ( and much more). Quiet and idyllic, with fabulous sunsets, amazing bird-life and a surprisingly clean river Nile. We stayed in room 328, top floor, overlooking the spa and with a good Nile View ( most rooms have some sort of Nile view). This room location suited us, away from the air-con noises of the restaurant and bar. We could switch off the a/c unit in our room completely, and the very friendly staff disconnected our mini bar too, to avoid listening to a fridge switching on and off all night. I am fussy that way.

Yes the staff are very good, yes its a great place to relax, and yes there is a lot to see in Luxor. It is a great pity that the hotel was less than half full whilst we were there, which kind of drained it of some atmosphere. But on the plus side, when we ventured out to the tombs and temples we didn't have to queue very much. We mixed relaxing in the hotel with trips to Aswan, Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, Habu Temple, West Bank tombs including Valley of the Kings ( & Queens & Nobles & Workers) Hatshepsut and of course the balloon. Be prepared for some very early starts.

The hotel was rebuilt 5 years ago and is probably the best in Luxor now. The steam rooms ( they call them "thermal" ) in the spa were excellent.

Room Tip: Hotel is on 4 levels, top floors are best with room numbers 300+
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback about your recent visit to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed with us during your stay and the friendless of our staff have ended up to your entire satisfaction when they disconnected the mini bar. I want to tell you that this is our Hilton promise “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”.

I have passed your comments on to each one of our team member and they appreciate it so much.

I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is by far the best hotel we have stayed in in Egypt. Our experience of the housekeeping wasn't the same as the previous review. Our room was restocked daily and kept immaculate. All staff went out of their way to make this an unforgettable holiday. My only criticism was that there was only one therapist working so I was unable to book any treatments at a time that suited me. This was disappointing for a spa hotel though the spa itself was well worth visiting. We will be returning.

Room Tip: As before, choose a Nile view room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

So glad to see that you had unforgettable holiday with us. Rest assure that your feedback about the staff service will be passed into them.

Regarding your remark about the therapist, I would like to inform you that we are in process of hiring new therapist, and I am looking forward for your feedback about her during your next visit to us.

I hope to have the pleasure welcoming you soon again at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Everything about this hotel & spa is excellent - facilities, food, staff, ambience. I have stayed in beautiful hotels all over the world but this one is by far the best. I spent a week here last year with my mum and sister and we loved it so much we're going back in February this year. 200 words is nowhere near enough to do this hotel justice! Justine Rawlins, Manchester

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on the Tripadvisor site.

It is so great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during last year. I passed into your feedback to our entire team and all of them are looking forward for your next visit as you mentioned this year in February.

Hope to see you during your next holiday at our sunny resort.

Christoph Schleissing

Been to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!