“Wow. Customer service at it's BEST!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Round Rock, Texas, United States
“Wow. Customer service at it's BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton in Luxor and I left saying this was absolutely the BEST HIlton property I've stayed at anywhere in the WORLD. Being a DIAMOND member I stay a lot of nights at hotels throughout the year so I know a good hotel from a bad one.

The Hilton Luxor has hit every detail when it comes to a quality feel from the look of the hotel the floors, walls, furniture, colors and every other piece of the hotel. I am used to Hilton's quality amenities, beds, sheets, pillows, bathrooms, food etc. and this is why I stay loyal to the brand. I have a travel rule on hotels "Stay where you know." I don't like surprises and I HATE sub par cleanliness.

What the Luxor property has done to jump to the top of my list is the customer service was memorable to say the least. Every employee did their job so well I felt like I was ROYALTY! I actually felt I did NOT deserve the great respect, humble attitudes and willingness to serve me that I was getting. Ironic huh?

The airport pick up will have everyone watching you envious. Took our bags, loaded us in the top Chrysler van with leather and wood trim inside which smelled great, gave my wife a rose, and provided us with cool towels that smelled of peppermint! Never had a FRAGRANT towel before. :o) Bottles of water were waiting for us in the cup holders. The ride was pleasant and quick maybe about 15 minutes.

Once arrived at the hotel we were greeted at the door by more staff to unload our baggage, given 2 more towels and guided to the Hilton Honors desk (not the check in counter). We were greeted by Badr who had my paperwork sitting on the desk and he did an excellent job of explaining my stay, what was included, how I had been upgraded to a better room because of my Diamond status etc. His smile and personality were genuine. We were also provided with a tasty, cold welcome drink which was delicious (apple juice with real mint).

We were then guided to our room, shown how everything worked and we just sat back and smiled. I smiled extra hard because my wife actually did a little "happy dance" in the room because she was so pleased. That made it all worth it.

I travel a lot for work so when I can reward my wife with a trip and SHE can enjoy being pampered and catered to.......it's a great feeling.

We enjoyed everything we experienced at the Hilton Luxor: the pool, the Thermal Rooms at the spa and ALL of the food was awesome. We had dinner one night at the buffet and were amazed at how good some of the dishes were! I'll never forget that veggie lasagna or the Lamb dish I had....wow! The breakfast buffet in the morning was equally impressive. We had room service twice and that was great also.

I don't think you will ever beat the staff at this hotel when it comes to service. Other Hilton properties should hire the Luxor Staff to train their employees.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear our Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Our leitmotiv remains to ensure that our guests enjoy their holiday with us and feel respected and valued. The entire team is encouraged and empowered to show you as our customer that we care about you and that it is an honor to be your host.

I could not find the suitable words to express about our appreciation for your kind comments and we are indeed so happy to know that we have contributed with you to make your wife had a memorable & enjoyable holiday.

The whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is looking forward for your next visit to our resort in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
Princeton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

If you stay in Luxor Egypt, the only place to lay your head down is the Hilton.
This is a first class safe and reliable hotel. The people here are great and they really appreciate you. It sets on the Nile and has Beautiful views.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your review and your recommendation.

We highly appreciate your feedback which will encourage us to maintain our level of service and spare no efforts to make your stay always with us the most comfortable and memorable one.

Our team members are more than happy to learn that you enjoyed your holiday at our sunny resort and all of us are looking forward for your next visit to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Kind regards,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Hilton in Luxor is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates luxury. The staff were friendly, professional and always there to help in any way possible. The breakfast was excellent and the individual restaurants are highly recommended. Don't miss a meal at the Silk Road restaurant where the waiters are attentive and friendly and the food is exceptional. We spent our mornings sight seeing and the afternoons around the beautiful spa pool, where the view is to die for! The combination of sight-seeing in this beautiful country and taking in their differing culture knowing that at the end of the very hot morning an afternoon relaxing by the pool was in store was absolutely heaven to us. Watching the sunset round the spa pool just could not be beaten - I can't wait to go back already!!

Room Tip: Check if you are booking a suite that the boats have gone! They can smell a bit of fumes but this is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Luxor resort and spa to stay in while in Egypt, and for your supportive review and recommendations.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our food and restaurants experience, your reference to our team members is greatly appreciate.

I am also delighted to know that you managed to enjoy both sightseeing and relaxation during your stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you soon again, to your second home, away from home, Hilton Luxor resort & Spa.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I chose the Hilton to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and we weren't disappointed. We were treated to a nice surprise to help celebrate our special day. Our room was decorated with flowers and balloons and we even had red satin bedsheets! To top it off, a delicious cake was delivered to our room. It was a really nice touch and the two members of staff that decorated our room were lovely, looking after us all week.
The staff in general were very attentive without being too annoying and extremely friendly, especially the lady at breakfast! Talking of breakfast, we were a little disappointed, it was more 4* than 5*....poor bread selection, the fruit was of average quality and a better selection of pastries wouldn't have gone amiss. We enjoyed our evening meals though, in the Olives restaurant, where the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
The pool area was lovely and relaxing., again with very attentive staff....lovely events organiser! The only downside was the constant noise/smell/litter caused by the cruise boats lined up near to the hotel but apparantly something is being done about this.
We enjoyed a sunset felucca trip organised by the hotel and although it was a bit pricey, it was really worth it, with yet again lovely staff. Also, the balloon trip is a must, I had a few reservations but i'm so glad we booked this, it was one of the best things i've ever experienced.
Don't take the shuttle bus into Luxor. When locals see the Hilton bus, they bombard you as soon as you get off and they won't take no for an answer. We spent all of 9 minutes in Luxor before jumping in a cab and heading straight back to the hotel, which was a real shame because we had money to spend in local shops and restaurants but ended up spending it back at the Hilton!
All in all we had a really pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate to book a Hilton hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side compared to other 5* hotels. Deluxe rooms were only slightly larger but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Luxor resort and spa to stay in while in Egypt, and thank you for your positive review and recommendations.

We are delighted to know that you liked our preparations to celebrate the anniversary, and that your Felucca trip was an enjoyable one. Your reference to our team members is greatly appreciated.

You are right, we exert the best of our efforts to get rid of the docking boats next to our hotel. Hope this issue will soon come to an end.

Your remark regarding breakfast retained my attention and forwarded to our Food & Beverage Manager to make sure we adhere to our high quality standards. I am also sorry to read about your experience in the city and want to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ive just enjoyed my 4th visit since June to the Hilton-but this was my husbands 1st to this Luxor hotel. I have previously written a review but my husband who usually has no interest in writing about anything has asked me to write on his behalf-as the Hilton impressed him so much.From the minute he arrived he felt very welcome,The setting/location is brilliant with views across to the west bank,grounds are lovely ,All of the hotel is spotless and well presented at all times.Food is great from all restaurants inside hotel and room service.Staff are A++ and seem to really enjoy their work.Tried out the spa pool and a massage 1st class.
Thanks to you all and I hope to see you in January when I bring the rest of the family.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you very much for your trip advisor review and for choosing the Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa for your visits to Luxor. It is through such reviews we are able to keep our service standards.
I am delighted to know that again you had a lovely stay at our Resort, and that your husband has enjoyed the way we welcome our valued guests.
Your reference to our food, team members and spa pool and massage is greatly appreciated.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon with your family to your second home, away from home, the Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa.
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have just returned to England after 7 days at this wonderful hotel. It certainly deserves its 5 star rating and all the lovely comments on TripAdvisor. The staff are all amazing! They have a lovely attitude, are friendly but not intrusive, efficient, courteous, always smiling and pleased to greet you. Ten out of ten. We booked a Nile view deluxe room but had a minor problem with noise from a neighbour's cruise boats (these are due to be moved soon) and were immediately offered a room change - and were upgraded to a junior suite!
The common areas are beautifully designed, tasteful and comfortable and there are numerous areas to relax and enjoy. We ate every evening in the Rosetta restaurant where the food choices were many and the quality was outstandingly good - full marks to the chefs. There are three restaurants to choose from. The bedrooms are spotless and very comfortable
Three swimming pools are available adjacent to the Nile including two infinity pools and a large sized main pool of about 45 metres. The Spa is just gorgeous, tranquil and offering a wide choice of treatments, if required. The General Manager maintains a very high standard and he organised cocktails one evening so that guests could meet him and raise any queries.
Prices are a bit on the high side, and all food and drinks bills come with a 12% service charge.
However we are sure to return next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa and for your kind words on the tripadvisor site.

So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality and I will let our staff know that they helped you to have a great stay with us.

Regarding the Nile Cruise, I had a meeting with the authorities and very soon, they will take the remedial actions.

All of us are looking forward for your next visit as you mentioned.

Kind regards,

West London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to go back for a second trip and are glad we did - it's still the best hotel we have stayed at. What makes the difference is the customer service which makes you feel so at home and nothing really is too much trouble.

The staff on the main reception are excellent - and as I found out it doesn't matter what time of day! My girlfriend fell ill on holiday and could not sleep so I wandered down to the front desk at 3am. After a short conversation Mohammed the overnight concierge phoned a pharmacy then drove me there personally to collect the medicine. You don't get that at other hotels!!

Really nothing beats ending the day in the spa pool watching that sunset - it won't be our last trip.

Room Tip: End the day at the Spa pool - the view of the sun setting over the Nile is amazing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review on the tripadvisor site about your recent holiday at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

It’s awesome to hear that you are pleased with our resort & our customer service made you feel you are at home. I shared your feedback with Mohamed in the concierge & the staff in the reception and they are very happy to know that their personalized service made a different impression for you and you felt we offer a unique service that the guests can not find in any other hotels.

I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Sincerely.

Christoph Schleissing

Been to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!