“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Seoul, South Korea
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend here back in July. Luxor was very hot at that time of year, however, the hotel did a great job of making us feel comfortable. First, they gave us early check-in and check-out free of charge(this was great because we took the night train from Cairo). Secondly, they gave us a free upgrade to the deluxe nile view room. The room was great and the toiletries were fabulous. They made sure there was extra conditioner and lotion from Crabtree and Evelyn because the weather is extremely dry.

Overall the experience was great. The only thing I would say they need to work on is the wifi signal by the pool. It works, but it comes and goes. However, the pool is so nice that wifi should not really be an issue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

I would like to thank you very much for your review.

We are so happy to know that we made your stay so comfortable and you enjoyed your time with us.

At the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa we are aiming at delivering a unique and hassle free personalized experience to our valued customers. Our leitmotiv is to be excellent and to offer the highest quality in our facilities and services.

Your comment regarding the WIFI on the swimming pool has been taken into consideration and forwarded to the department involved.

The whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa looking for your next visit as you mentioned which we hope to be in the near future.

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good food, nice people, breathtaking views! What you want more?

Nile view is amaizing, infinity pool is nice, sheesha place not as expected but overall a nice experience that I will repeat
I have a friend with me that shares the same thoughts, now it's my second day in Luxor and excited to see the tombs and temples

• Stayed September 2012
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your review on the Tripadvisor site about your experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am so happy to see that you are enjoying your stay with us, meanwhile, your feedback about the Shisha corner retained my full attention and I would highly appreciate to share with us more details before you leave our property.

Of course through your constructive comments we are able to enhance our services to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Hotel
The position of the hotel is a little out of town, but we are convinced it is the best and yet not unaffordable. The hotel is an oasis of calm luxurious relaxation amidst the hustle and hassle of Luxor. The staff were fabulous and the premises was beautifully set out. The room (020) was fabulous with a balcony overlooking the Nile and a view of the mountains that contain the tombs that are lit at night. No regrets with this hotel – It may not be nearest to town but that’s actually a good thing.

Transport
The hotel offer an airport transfer for 10USD per person which is recommended. Before we even got out of the airport, locals had stolen all of the toilet paper in order to offer it to people for tips. On exiting the airport building, several of them were fighting for our luggage in order to get money. The hotel staff took control and immediately looked after our luggage and led us to the minibus. We were offered water and cold towels and felt much better. The concierge had anticipated the changed flight schedule and was brilliant in organising what guests needed. He explained the schedule of free minibus visits into the centre of town. These were brilliant and we used them every day, they even dropped us off opposite McDonalds. We asked for advice about our planned trips and the concierge recommended we take a taxi.

Our taxi driver was just brilliant. A photo of his card is attached (ask for the concierge to arrange for him). Unlike the rest of Luxor, he was professional, courteous, always early, completely trustworthy, flexible, never demanding and he was easily the factor that made our trip in Luxor so much better than it would otherwise have been. The concierge suggested a rate for the day and that is what we paid (200 EGP - about £20) for 6 to 7 hours with multiple destinations. He would drop us off and agree a time to pick us up and he was always waiting earlier. After our first day, he offered to come back for us if we needed anything else. And so he took us everywhere and we chose to pay him more purely because he was so brilliant and undemanding. He has a smart air conditioned car. Ask for him! All money is paid directly to the taxi and not the hotel.

Pools
The hotel pools whilst not large, were truly stunning. There were three pools, two of which were infinity pools. All with 5* service. The SPA infinity pool is fantastic. They provide free water, soft music, comfy chairs, sunbeds, double hammocks and the most amazing views! All were quiet when we were there. Fantastic relaxation. You could even forget you were in Luxor. See our Luxor review.

The buffet breakfast was nice. We ordered a room service meal that was just tremendous. It was easily the best food we have ever had in a hotel! A real surprise and reasonably priced. Nobody ever asked for or expected a tip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent stay at our resort and for your fantastic review on the Tripadvisor site.

I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled service helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded.

I am so happy to know that our concierge team was so attentive to your needs. Your feedback has been conveyed to all the entire team members and they are so happy to know that they made your holiday the most enjoyable and memorable stay.

Should your travels bring you back this way, I hope that you will stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

As frequent travelers, mainly for business, we were looking for a place to escape for 10 days in May 2012. We were looking at Hilton properties around the world and like you just now, reading this, could not believe how positive the TripAdvisor reviews were about the Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa, not to mention the fact that Christoph Schleissing (General Manager) was taking the time to reply to every review. So we booked.

From the moment Mohammed (concierge) met us with a cold towel at the airport to the moment the same Mohammed carried our bags to the check-in desk on departure, the service, quality and genuineness of all the staff at Hilton Luxor was beyond compare.

We could spend paragraphs writing about the quality of the food, pools, service and attitude, however, there are 300+ reviews which already do this. We could also talk about specific people like Mohammed and Christoph above, Gamal and his beer pouring technique and Ahmed at the spa pool, however, how can you list 50 staff individually in a single review?
The hotel is under occupancy, yet so is the whole of Egypt after the events of recent years. This is an even better reason to go because this means you get to see the sights without massive queues and the service you receive is impressively attentive.

Just go - you will not be disappointed. And we say this as individuals who spend a lot of time traveling internationally.

A few more points to help when you arrive:
-The spa: as good a Spa as any we have encountered in Asia or Europe
-The spa pool: even more comfortable an environment than the main pool
-The breakfast: don't miss it :-)
-The gym: very well equipped, modern and clean
-The felucca ride: ask for Captain Mohammed and his boat, The Hatshepsut, this guy is a character and a must meet character.

The Valley of the Kings is a once in a lifetime experience which is best experienced at 6am, as it gets hot, as is Luxor Temple and Karnak Temple, both of which are also well worth a visit. The hot air balloon ride is nothing special if you are considering it.

In short, if you want peace and quiet, fantastic weather, quality time and a high level of service, then the Hilton Luxor Spa and Resort is for you. We will go back in the future which is a big statement for us as we like to explore new places each vacation. The fact that we took the time out to write this review shows the impact Christoph and his team had upon us as guests.

Enjoy your journey and if you get back there before we do, well, lucky you...

Room Tip: You may see comments about small balconies. Balconies are not needed in this property. You will see...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your holiday and for your kind review on the Tripadvisor site.

I am really so happy and cannot find the suitable words to express my appreciation. Your great comments will further encourage our leitmotiv to maintain our quality focus and to continuously strive for excellence.

I am so proud to know that our services exceeded your high expectations and that you had the most enjoyable stay with us. I have shared your feedback with all our team members who are very delighted to know that their efforts have ended up to your enjoyment.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon back again to “your home away from home” in Egypt.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Although I've been a user of Tripadvisor for many years, I've always just read reviews and never written one. But after a recent trip with my family to the Hilton in Luxor, I feel the need to comment on what is an exceptional hotel.

The hotel was very empty when we stayed, maybe 15-20 guests at any one time - largely a result of the troubles in Egypt in the last 2 years. But in our one week stay we saw nothing that concerned us - it really is very safe there so don't let recent events put you off - apparently even when there were demonstrations etc in Cairo, Luxor remained calm.

The quality of the food, pools, location, cleanliness was fantastic. But the one thing that makes the hotel stand out more than anything is the service. I apologise to those members of staff who we dealt with that I don't mention here but I didn't get everyone's name - but specific people to mention are - in the restaurant, Radwan and the waitress at breakfast - in the kitchen the chef Aymen who cooked us all an Om Ali specially - Mohamed the concierge - Mohamed from housekeeping - Ahmed at the Spa pool for his attentiveness.

So, go now while the visitor numbers are down and you'll avoid the queues at the main attractions such as the Valley of the Kings and Karnak temple. I couldn't believe it that when we visited Tutankhamen's tomb we had the place to ourselves!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear our valued customer,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on the tripadvisor site about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

All of us are very delighted to know that you had an enjoyable time with us and I shared personally your comments with our entire team members in particular with the staff you mentioned their names and they are so happy to know that their efforts exceeded your high expectations.

Looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort which we hope to be in the near future.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at, our only negative was that we had only two nights in this haven! I cant tell you how beautiful this hotel is in every respect, from the staff to the food to the decor and the ambience this hotel has it all. The location is stunning. Its just a shame is so far away, utter tranquility....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Firstly I would like to thank you very much for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your recent holiday and for your comments on the Tripadvisor site.

All of us are so happy to know that you had the most enjoyable time with at our resort which made you describe our resort as a “Heaven”.

I shared personally your fantastic feedback with our entire team members who they are so happy and they are look forward for your next visit which we hope it will be soon and more than 2 nights.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I read all the reviews before coming and couldn't quite believe any hotel could be that perfect- I was wrong! If heaven is a place on earth this is it! We're still here - arrived 5 days ago and here for a week.
I dont actually know where to start - hotel is immaculate, both pools incredible and managed by pool boys who literally attend to your every need. The spa pool (which is free of charge) is again amazing....an infininity pool that looks over the Nile- an amazing view of the famous Egyptian sunset. The food is great too - literally anything you want you can get. Hands down I have never been anywhere which had friendlier staff- they can't do enough for you.
There's one down side and that's how quiet things are in Luxor- tourism has really taken a huge blow in the last 18 months. LUXOR IS EXTREMELY SAFE!!! There's absolutely nothing to be worried about coming here- please ignore what the scaremongering British tabloids tell you and get yourself out here! Egypt needs you and you need Egypt!! I'll report on my full trip when I return.

• Stayed August 2012
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear our valued guest,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your holiday and for your kind review thru the tripadvisor site.

I assure you that I shared personally your feedback with the entire team members and they are so happy to learn that they helped you to have a memorable time with us.

What amazing explanation for our resort “If heaven is a place on earth this is it”; which will of course encourage all of us to continue to strive for excellence in the service that our guests receive.

I wish you an enjoyable week at our sunny resort and we are waiting for your valued feedback.

Christoph Schleissing

Been to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!