“cannot wait to return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 57 hotels in Luxor
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“cannot wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

i have been all over the world and this has to be one of the best holidays i have ever had, we had a room overlooking the west bank and valley of the kings which was perfect,we were busy everday doing sightseeing and came round the pool late afternoon to relax it was heaven, the staff cannot do enough for you, they knew where we liked to lounge and our towels were ready. it was my birthday while we were there and we got back from a meal to find a lovely tray/plates and forks and a huge birthday cake, and my cards all over my bed with petals and a towel made into a swan. we used a taxi driver called moustaffa taxi king kong, he is cheap and fair and reliable, we also used the caleshis outside the hotel, the best restaurant we found was snobs, but the lantern and puddleducks was nice and jewel and the nile, we felt very safe there and will be back this year if not next, absolutely beautiful.hotel definately spot on, staff cannot do enough to help you, breakfast selection was good and amen the waitress a star.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem good, depends if you want the sun on your balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear bullock24,

Thank you for your nice comments , we are happy our staff contributed in leaving a nice memory on your birthday and it is an honor that you felt safe in our hotel , that is what we really care about , be sure that we will always be thrilled to host you in our second home Sonesta .

1,053 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I have twice visited this hotel. Once with my husband as a package following a Nile Cruise and again later the same year with my daughter. It is a beautiful hotel with fabulous views over the Nile. On my second visit with my daughter the staff remembered me and even enquired where my husband was. Michael at the pool always had our towels ready on our sunbeds. The food was excellent and we enjoyed the entertainment. I have decided to return later this year with my daughter for some winter sun in November but I find I am unable to book on line with Thomas Cook. Can any one tell me if this Hotel is not featured in their brochure this year and if not which tour operator is? I would and have recommended this hotel to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Pam and Robert M,

Thank you for being a regular guest at our hotel , it is a great pleasure that we succeeded in making your vacation special , we will always be happy to host you in your second anytime
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have recently returned from my first visit to The Sonesta St George which was recommended to me by two ladies who regularly travel to Luxor and who particularly like this hotel. I always travel alone and saved £300 taking up my holiday package with Thomas Cook instead of Thomson this time!. The single supplement was worth every penny; my large and very comfortable side Nile view room was on the South side with a wonderful view of the river and West Bank, bathed in Sunshine all day. Everywhere was kept nice and clean, the staff were friendly and efficient, food was good with plenty of choice. The swimming pool is beautiful and there are two jacuzzis nearby which were thoroughly cleaned out once during the week and there is plenty of room to sunbathe around the pool or on the deck overlooking the Nile. The position is nice and central for walking into town, just do the camel as recommended by Linda our lovely tour rep. ie. just look nonchantly from side to side and don't speak to anybody and you get there in a fraction of the time with no hassle. I will definately chose this hotel for my next visit.

Room Tip: South facing side Nile View room if you dont wish to pay extra for a full Nile view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear lindahiggs17;

We are happy and thank full that your friend recommended our hotel to you and even happier that you enjoyed and your stay . Be sure that Sonesta will always be your second home and looking forward to have you as a regular guest
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is the 5th time I've stayed here every time is just has good has the last. Stayed with a friend this time, previous times with my partner, all the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble, i did have a small accident but this hasn't put me off returning to Sonesta., the owner invited us for cocktails on his cruise ship, all I can say is OMG, 5 star treatment with a 5 star, 5 course meal, the food was to die for, never tasted such an amazing mushroom soup, every course was Devine and so were the cocktails.
I just love Luxor and love the Sonesta, I was going to try another hotel, we went for cocktail had another look around and i'm glad I didn't Sonesta got a lot more class. I would just like to say thanks for a great stay, all the staff including management and the owner are all great people. You will see me soon.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have Nile view, try and get one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear manda68,

Thank you for this lovely review , we are happy you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay . Our staff are always there to make you feel at home , we are very proud this is your 5th stay , it is always a pleasure to host our regular guests
South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just returned home 6/3 after 2weeks of being pampered.the whole staff are so warm and helpful--nothing is too much trouble. Every thing is top quality 3/4 of people we met had all been many times as we will.Any one needing a car large or small look for KING KONG no 869 it has a large uk flag on its bonnet ask for Mustapher. this young man gives you a card with prices on never changes prices no hassle cars in great condition he is outside the hotel. PAT and Paddy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear patricia b,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back soon
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Sonesta is oldschool, seventies glamour with its 1979 blingy lobby and John Travolta chandeliers; though the best part of this hotel is its location. Every room has a view of the NIle and you wake up to this incredible picture postcard every morning. The buffet was large, extensive and very satisfying indeed.The staff behave a little formal and exude a certain stiff upper lip, perhaps still imagining they're are swinging in the seventies. All in all its a comfortable place and superbly located!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are regular travelers to luxor and we find this is the best hotel by a ,mile we will be staying in the sonesta in june and always look forward to this hotel like home from home ,nothing isa problem from staff to management, rooms v clean and comfy we ask for a side nile veiw and are always given one .the pool lads are always helpfull and attentive ,we travel all over the world so we do take the standard of hotels seriously. eric t

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sonesta St. George Hotel Luxor? Share your experiences!