That's what it is... the one and only place to stay in Luxor! If you like to relax for one or more weeks, you'll find everything you need at this great resort. It is situated on an island just outside of Luxor. The whole island belongs to the resort. No high buildings but nice bungalows siuated in a big botanic garden. No city noises, just peace and the sound of birds. Walking in the beautifull gardens on the island makes you realise that heaven on earth really exisits. it's Jolieville!
You can choose from three differnet restaurants: the main restaurant with its daily buffet theme, the french restaurant "la fleur" and the italian restaurant "Ziggolini's". The latter we prefer... Perfect dining inside or outside with a beautifull Nile view! The food is always of the highest standard and the executive chef makes a round every evening to check if everything is according to your wishes. This year we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary having diner overlooking the Nile river...How romantic can it get?
Another choice you will have to make is: what swimmingpool will we visit today? The beautifull "infinity pool" where you can swim almost next to the Nile and the children can have a great time... The peacefull "relaxing pool", only for adults to reasure a undisturbed afternoon swim... or the new "horizon pool", where you can enjoy a cocktail and enjoy another great Nile view!
Entering Jolieville makes you leave all worries behind. The staf, more than 600(!) employees, will take care of everything. Trust me if I say that everybody, from management to gardener, greets you with a smile and do their very best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. After eight visits (so far) we feel good every time we are welcomed at Jolieville. They do remember their guests and the first day of arrival you must prepare for some serious handshaking, hugging and kissing :-)...
If you are interested in ancient Egypt (as we are)... Luxor is the place to go! On the east bank you can visit the temple of Luxor, the great Karnak templecomplex and don't forget to visit the beautifull Luxor museum... On the west bank there is too much to see. The valley of the kings, the temple of Hashepsut, The Ramesseum, the tombs of the nobles (a must-see), Medinet Habu (be sure to drink tea at the teahouse opposite the temple), Deir-el medina (three marvellous tombs to visit) etc etc.
To visit these places, you only have to ask for a taxi at the reception at Jolieville. They will arrange a taxi for you... reliable drivers, fixed prices, no hassle. They will take you where you want and wait for you untill you are done visiting the site.
I understand this review seems over-enthousiastic but it's the way we feel about jolieville! Its just great... we love it! So I's like to thank mr. Umbricht (general manager), Amina (guest relations) and everybody else working at Jolieville for making our stay unforgettable once more.
Until the next time! And good luck in these difficult times in Egypt! We wish you all the best...
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.