Firstly, I am not one to write reviews but my stay at Jolie Ville was so blissful that I couldn’t wait to find the time to write one. If you have time read the below as it is a comprehensive review, otherwise in a snapshot, I would say that the warm hospitality of the staff, the comfortable and very clean rooms coupled with the excellent food choice, set on spectacular gardens makes this charming resort a paradise surrounded by the Nile.
This was a family holiday (3 adults) it was a Birthday treat for my mum. Why Luxor and why Jolie Villie? We were looking for something exotic, cultural and hot with a hotel that has the hygiene standards of any rated European hotel.
Upon arrival we were offered a welcome drink. We arrived quite late at night and as we were walking to our rooms through the gardens, we could trace the light floral scents emanating from the variety of flowers coupled with the warmth in the air, left a feeling of tranquility and yet that exciting feeling of being somewhere exotic.
Hotel – the resort itself is set on impressive grounds, there is something enchanting and majestic with these beautifully landscaped gardens overlooking the Nile and the mountains. The gardens have hammocks, sitting areas and gazebos all at strategic places that offer you immensely wide, breath taking views. I truly felt touched by the natural beauty of this place whether it was enjoying the views of the Nile with the rugged mountains in the background after breakfast/sunset or just wondering round the gardens.
Rooms -- for a lot of people clean rooms and bathrooms are a must! Our rooms, bathrooms and W.C were spotlessly clean, spacious with décor that was natural and in tune with the resort. The house-keeping staff maintained very high standards. The rooms were cleaned daily, towels changed daily and bed sheets changed as often as you liked. A pillow menu is also offered in addition to the usual facilities that you would expect in a room at a decent hotel.
The staff -- extremely welcoming, friendly and provided service with a smile. This attitude was adopted across the board from housekeeping, chefs, waiters and pool staff through to the gardeners. They sincerely aim to please and pamper – definitely 5 star service. Special thanks to the breakfast staff who were very attentive, for example, they picked up that I enjoyed my tea in the morning – as soon as we came for breakfast they would place a pot of hot water with plenty of tea bags and fresh mint so I could help myself to as much as I liked (it is these small touches that make it personalised and special).
Food -- the breakfast buffet is beautifully laid out with a choice of full continental, a variety of Egyptian delicacies, live egg station and choice of fresh fruits, yoghurts and juices. The choice is extensive and you will not be disappointed. Breakfast is served from 5 -10.30 the early start is particularly helpful if you have early morning excursions arranged. The choice of restaurants includes Italian, French and various snack bars.
Pools – there are three swimming pools, the Infinity pool is simply stunning, built in a clever way to give an incredible illusion that it merges with the Nile. Just relaxing at this point of the pool in the morning or sunset is amazing.
Overall, I would say that the warm hospitality of the staff, the comfortable and very clean rooms coupled with the excellent food choice and set on a spectacular gardens makes this charming resort a paradise surrounded by the Nile.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.