As you can guess, we like this hotel! Previously, we had never stayed at any holiday hotel twice - so this place is REALLY special!
Hard to know where to start, but it is set in 165 acres of beautiful gardens, on a private island in the historic River Nile, with views to the Valley of the Kings.
About 15 mins from the hustle (and hassle!) of Luxor, which is easily accessible by a free shuttle bus - or by the plentiful (and cheap) taxis.
Staff amazing - nothing too much trouble and tips (while always appreciated) are never sought. GM is very friendly and approachable, always out and about meeting guests.
3 swimming pools, two huge and of the Infinity type, overlooking the Nile - the 3rd for adults only. (And their temps were in the mid-30s C, when we were there - early June, 2013 -LUXURY!)
Choice of Buffet and A la Carte restaurants - French and Italian - as well as the chance to eat on the terrace, right next to the Nile!
Of course the wonderful sites of the VoK, Hatshepsut, Luxor & Karnak temples are within easy reach. And Aswan - and even Abu Simbel - can be reached, though not recommended as one day trips.
And, perhaps most importantly, Luxor is SAFE! It is hundreds of miles from Cairo - and its airport can be access by DIRECT flts from Manchester, Gatwick & Heathrow - as well as Brussels and other Euro airports.
JUST GO - you will not regret it! (But bear in mind that the summer months can be unbearably hot, so not good for sightseeing.)
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.