We had travelled to Egypt for the first time in 2012 and had enjoyed a Nile Cruise, this year we decided that we would try a hotel in Luxor and spend more time looking around the local sites. After much searching we decided on the Jolie Ville, having looked at the reviews on tripadvisor we were looking forward to seeing the hotel ourselves. We stayed in block C room 04 between 17th April and 24th April 2013.
Our first impression of the hotel was excellent, security of the guests is important and the hotel is approached via a bridge where there are security guards 24 hours a day. We were warmly greeted in reception, provided with information regarding the hotel and the local free shuttle bus service which runs several times each day between Luxor and the hotel. We were then shown to our room. We had booked a standard room, it was immaculate and well furnished, there was tea, coffee, sugar etc and the room service menu was comprehensive and appeared to be very reasonable, although we did not try it as we were happy to eat in the restaurant each evening. The Jolie Ville is situated on an island on the Nile and there are some midges, however the hotel grounds are sprayed every day to help to combat this, in addition to this there are electric fly zappers outside all of the rooms and the hotel provides plug in repellants for inside the room. Neither of us were bitten at all during our stay.
The rooms were cleaned each and every day, all of the staff that we came into contact with were extremely pleasant, helpful and polite from the gardeners, to the cleaners and all of the waiting staff. We particularly enjoyed the company of Ahmed in the themed buffet each evening.
We bought one of the dining packages which entitled us to eat in the themed buffet restaurant and also the French restaurant and the Italian restaurant. All of the food was fantastic, there was plenty of choice and the food was well presented and varied. We really enjoyed the meal that we had in the French restaurant especially. We did eat out in Luxor one evening and unfortunately I became ill very soon after, the following day after being poorly we went to the themed buffet for our evening meaal, I ate some salad and some fruit as I was still feeling a little fragile, when we offered the vouchers as payment for our meal the manager would not accept mine as I had not eaten very much due to being poorly, we were then able to use that meal voucher for our lunch at one of the pool bars the following day. The staff could not do enough for me when I was poorly, making sure that I had herbal teas to help settle my stomach, I appreciated their concern very much.
The hotel is set within magnificent gardens, which are very well looked after. It really is a beautiful oasis of tranquility and calm. There are 3 lovely pools and we tried them all!!! We also ate at each of the pool bars and again the food was great.
There is a spa, which I can recommend having had 3 massages during the week that we were there, I also had a pedicure in the beauty salon and my mum had her hair done in the salon also.
There is absolutely nothing that I could find fault with, the location is amazing, the staff are fantastic and we cannot wait to return!! Busy saving now to try and go again in August 2013, this time I will also be taking my daughters and my grandchildren.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.