“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 57 hotels in Luxor
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wonderful view of the Nile and Valley of the Kings from the banks of this Island hotel.No old cruise ships nearby to spoil it.Constant sunshine.Beautiful gardens filled with a wide variety of birds which stop off between Europe and further South.Everyone smiling.3 pools. massage at the spa.half the UK price.Suits couples old and young and families.The only people who may find fault are those who want clubbing/entertainment every night.We made our own.Greetings to Atito in Zigolini's the JV's Italian restaurant who made us feel extra special.Luxortraveltips on the web gives loads of useful info as does tripadvisor..The GM Urs heads an excellent team.Look forward to our 6th visit and thinking of bringing the 89 year old mother in law.Will be going to other places this year as well but JV and Luxor have put a spell on us

Room Tip: All have their merits.Change when you get there if you don't like what has been allocated or ema...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear SVWallis from Stevenage UK,

Thank you very much for having returned for the 5th time to Luxor and Kings Island this month of April. Thank you as well for your kind and positive comments posted on Tripadvisor. I will let Atito know and give him your regards.

We are looking very much forward to see you again and please let us know upfront if you need anything particular in the room for your traveling mother in law to make her stay the most comfortable possible.

Wishing you a wonderful summer back home in the UK,

1,663 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a fabulous holiday here Easter 2013. Rooms, pools and facilities were all excellent. Thr buffet was fine and had read mixed reviews but certainly adequate. I ate the salads and fruit every meal and none of us had any stomach problems. The staff were friendly and accommodating. We would definitely go back here and cannot recommend this hotel enough. It's location is beautiful and outdoor eating area has great setting. It's like a little paradise in Luxor. Everything was clean and well kept. The kids had a fab time, the pools are so big they never get crowded.

Room Tip: Don't get pizza from zigolinis
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Marilyn Martson from Leeds UK,

Thank you very much for having spent your Easter holiday 2013 together with your family at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for posting your positive comments about our Resort on Tripadvisor.

It is with great pleasure to read that your kids had a fabulous time on Kings Island and that you are recommending us so warmly. Please let me know what was wrong with the Pizza in the Zigolini? We have just adjusted the dough receipt some two weeks ago to be a little big thicker, crustier and we added a bit more salt to make it tastier. If you have a special Pizza receipt please sent it to me, I’d love to test it.

Thank you very much for your great support.

Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Beautifully organized resort, nice surroundings, all green and quiet. This must be paradise... Musical sunset on the Nile terrace is a delicious experience. Same comment for the buffet restaurant. And small golf cars bring you wherever you need to go (do not take the red one). There is also a nice minizoo. This is the place to be for those who need a good relaxing holiday. And, by the way, there must also be an excellent computer staff, because wifi reception is perfect wherever you go!

Dear AvD Belgium,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island to be your home in Luxor and for writing your holiday experience to Tripadvisor!

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday and that we were able to live up to your expectations regarding service and offers up to the free of charge WIFI around the Resort, which is, not as fast as in Europe but for Egypt pretty much ok.

You are so very much right; never take the RED Golf Cart! Never ever! It’s my’n!!!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us on Kings Island, the entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your visit and we are all looking very much forward to welcome you back home in Luxor in the hopefully not so far future!

Sunny regards from eternal Thebes

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After spending a hectic 2-days in Cairo arriving here was like a breath of fresh air - all the rooms are nestled within lush green gardens with lots of trees and flower lined paths and you have your own little terrace to sit on outside your room. With a choice of restaurants, terraces, bars, and swimming pools (also a spa, beauty salon, and gym) this is a great spot for relaxing in a beautiful and hassle free spot - the difficulty is dragging yourself away!! Just don't forget your insect repellent!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Angela P from Cambridge UK,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor lately and for posting your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

It is with pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our Resort and I agree with you, it is always better to bring some mosquito repellent on an island as they possibility to get some stings is always present especially during sunset and the early evening hours. In order to keep the mosquito issue under control, we are fumigating the island twice per day, at sunrise and sunset, with an approved chemical (not a poison) that demotivates the mosquitoes from mating.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back home to Kings Island in the not so distant future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have just got back from another week in this magnificent hotel. I cannot fault anything about it.
The grounds are superb, well tended by an army of gardeners.
The cleaning staff are excellent and I found it useful that a member of staff goes round to all the rooms in the late afternoon to see if you need anything extra for the room and also to give you mosquito tablets.
The food is really good and the breakfast exceptional
All of the staff from the General Manager down are always ready to help you with anything.
The rooms are excellent and spacious.
The swimming pools (3 of them) are wonderful.
The safety aspect of this hotel is first class and no-one will hassle you as they do outside the hotels in Luxor. I would however recommend trips into Luxor to the temples of Karnak and Luxor, you may get hassled but it is very safe.
I cannot understand why one review says this hotel is not recommended for trips as there are trips everywhere from this hotel, Valley of the kings, west bank, temples of karnak and luxor.
I have been back to this hotel six times now starting from when it was the Movenpick and I can honestly say I would not stay anywhere else.
I do wish that the boat that used to take you into town was still running, I really enjoyed the trip, and I would hope it would be possible to have more times for the bus to run during the day.
If you are going to Luxor do not stay anywhere else.
I will be back again this winter.

Room Tip: Rooms in F and D block are quiter and are near the infinity pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Lindnorm1 from Manchester UK,

Thank you very much for having visited the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor for the 6th time and for publishing your very positive holiday experience to Tripadvisor!

We are blessed to have so many loyal “Regulars” like you; traveling to Luxor year after year despite the negative Press Cairo is receiving ever since the revolution started in Feb 2011. It is because YOU know, it has nothing to do with fabulous Luxor and that it is perfectly save on the Nile shores! Thank you for mentioning it again.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your fidelity and visit; we all look very much forward to welcome you back home in Luxor in the hopefully not so far future!

Sunny regards from eternal Thebes

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed 17th to 24th April. We had a choice of the Steinberger in town or here. Once I read the TA reviews and the hotel web site and a few other internet sources we felt the JV was the one for us - the USP was the location and environment - large nicely landscaped grounds, on an island, bird life. How glad we were to have made this choice. The hotel deserves all previous plaudits. We have travelled extensively and experienced many types of accommodation but I can safely say this is one of the best hotels we have experienced for getting everything right - service, catering, cleaning, landscaping, highly visible management. We upgraded to a superior room in block 7 on the ground floor - following advice on a previous post and having checked out the "comfort" room we had been allocated in C block. The blocks with numbers are in the newer part of the hotel and this block is closest to the Nile. I have attached a scanned copy of a plan of the hotel which may assist in your choice of room/'s. We were glad it was a distance away from reception/restaurants as it provided a very pleasant stroll adjacent to the Nile through the gardens each morning/evening with birds chirping merrily. Very nice room with good size bathroom - and good quality furniture - with proper coat hangers ! - my only small point is why no shower screen or worst case a curtain - I ended up having to mop the floor with the bath mat/towels after each shower.... We took advantage of the 5 night dining package (80 euros pp) which was great value (3 buffet and 1 dinner each in Le Fleur and Ziglioni) The quality of food and service are of a high standard and the buffet restaurant has a different theme each evening - wide choices hot and cold with highly visible staff and managers - similarly with breakfast. We are regular wine drinkers (sounds bad in print...) and having been in another part of Egypt a few years ago struggled with the quality of Egyptian wine however at the JV we found the Obilisque white and Omar Kyam red to be quite acceptable but buy by the bottle as it is better value (165 LE a bottle) - you can always cork whats left and have the next day - not something we had to think about... :) One small detail which impressed. On my first morning at breakfast I mentioned to what turned out to be the hotel GM that the cereals on offer were children orientated and perhaps they could consider Weetabix and or Bran Flakes - he thanked me for raising took a note and advised he would check with his suppliers - - a few days later Bran Flakes were added to the selection of cereals. As a matter of interest we checked out the Steinberger for a post dinner drink when we were in town one evening - nice enough hotel but typical multi storey design with one pool (as opposed to 3 at the JV) and small gardens. We also had to run the gauntlet just outside the Steinberger of guys selling stuff and the usual cry's of "where do you come from" and "how many camels for your wife" - sounds funny the first time but starts to grate after a while... Bliss at the JV from this perspective as it is on its own island with security post just before the bridge over to the hotel so guests and staff only. Well done to management and staff at the hotel for a wonderful week. I'm sure tourism will start to pick up as more people like us come back to UK and spread positive feedback about how safe and hospitable the Eygptian people are. (Hope the Bran Flakes go down well with others...)

Dear Geordiejack from Glasgow,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor this April and for submitting your positive comments to Tripadvisor.

Yes, you are right with regards to the shower curtains, I don’t like them either, they figure on top of our priorities list to be change to glass doors as soon as possible.

I can assure you we LOVE wine drinkers and there is nothing negative with it, a good meal deserves a good bottle of wine. Since you have mentioned the “Bran Flakes” I have started myself having a bowl in the morning, quiet tasty indeed.

Thanking you very much for spreading the word that Egypt / Luxor is perfectly safe and there is no worry about security at all. We are looking forward to see you soon again on Kings Island.

Accrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just got back from a week at this lovely complex we thoroughly enjoyed our stay,its nice when everybody speaks even just to say good morning how are you,staff and management are all the same very friendly thats what you want when on holiday.We really enjoyed the fellah tent evening with all the different acts to watch,and it was so well organised including the sail on the nile before the party started.Just one gripe and that is we stayed in a deluxe room block 7 which they are superb but having spoke to returning guests unfortunately at the end of our stay,they were surprised we hadnt had a linen change all week,we naturally assumed that linen would be changed automatically we have never stayed in hotels where you had to request this.But at the end of the day we had a lovely time here and we would like to come back someday. I havent given full marks below because of this housekeeping error.

Dear Alan J from Accrington UK,

Thank you very much for your recent visit at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for the time taken to write a review about your experience in our Resort!

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay on our little island in the middle of the Nile River and that you especially appreciated the friendliness for our team.

I am not so pleased about my housekeeping department and of course you should not have to ask for a linen change in a 5stars Resort. We do have a card (pls change my linen) system in the rooms where the client is asked to put “Change Sign” on the bed if he/she wants the bed linen to be changed. If this sign is never put on the bed, we automatically change the linen every Sunday and Wednesday anyway. On the other hand if you have a remark, please always address your good self directly to the management, as long as you are in the Hotel we can change things, once you are gone its unfortunately too late. But thank you anyway for letting me know and give me the chance to follow the matter up more closely.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your visit and we all look very much forward to welcome you back home in Luxor in the hopefully not so far future!

I remain with.
Sunny regards from unique and eternal Luxor

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Been to Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor? Share your experiences!