“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here at the end of March and had one of the best experiences at a hotel in a long while.

I have been to Luxor twice before but for me this hotel is perfect - quiet, on its own right on the Nile and the staff were all great. Despite the lack of tourists in Egypt I would say that the hotel was 50% full and service and standards were as if it was 100%.

The grounds are great - 3 pools to suit your mood and plenty of space to walk around.

I would advise paying the little extra for a "better" room - i stayed in the entry level and then superior and must say the superior was well superior! Bigger room with all mod cons plus the view - although the standard set-up is 100% fine just maybe a little small.

Breakfast was a very good buffet and I can recommend the Italian!

We will be back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Metal Warrior from London,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor during your last visit in Luxor and for the time you have taken to post your holiday experiences on Tripadvisor.

Good to read that you were happy in our spacey “Deluxe” rooms which indeed have double the size of the “Comfort” rooms and that you think it is worthwhile to pay the price for an upgrade.

As we believe it is not the client’s mistake why we are in a crisis right now, we have never reduced our services; controversially we might even be the one of only a few hotels in Egypt who has opened an additional restaurant last year, the “Zigolini”, which you are recommending in your review.

Thank you once again for having chosen our Resort to be your home in Luxor, we look very much forward to welcome you and your family back home to Kings Island in the not so distant future.

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
Braunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thanks to everyone yet again, you were all exceptional and made our holiday one to remember.
We stayed in one of the new superior deluxe rooms this time overlooking the new pool and Nile. The room was very well equipped, and was kept in A1 condition by our room boy, who always had a surprise for us.
We would thoroughly recommend it.
The restaurants were very good, with a special thank you to all in Zigolini,s. The food there was excellent, and the service second to none.
La Fleur and the main restaurant for buffet meals was also up to standard.
The gardens as usual are beautifully kept by Mrs Reda and her gardening staff. It is lovely just to walk around the 100+ acres. The newest areas are also maturing very fast and will look exceptional in a few years.
The pool staff are very attentive, the relaxation pool is a must with Okasha, Mohammed, Hassan and Ali on hand to look after your every need.
So once again thanks to Mr Umbricht and all the staff, with a special thank you to Abu and Amina.

Room Tip: A nile view room is worth the reasonable upgrade charge.
Dear Mike Devon2008 from North Devon UK,

Thank you very much for the many visits to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor in the past and for once again, a very kind write up about our Resort and Team you have posted on Tripadvisor.

It is always a great pleasure to have our long time friends and “regulars” staying with us on the island. Especially these days the entire Team and I are thankful for your kind and ongoing support.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back home to Kings Island in the not so distant future.

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hi
I would like to thank mr. Urs Umbricht, mr. Mohareb, mr. Eissa and staff for making my yoga&meditation project possible in the hotel. I received good service and I hope to be organising this again in the future! The group was really happy about everything!
I will go on to promote the hotel since the service and kindness of the staff is of a very high level! Everybody should visit this piece of paradise at least once in their life time, but I'm sure that once you go there, you will be back for many times more... :-)
So a warm thank you from the heart, keep up the good work and hope to see you all soon again!
With love and kind regards, Elisabeth

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Elisabeth ElsH from Ghent BE,

Thank you very much for having stayed once again at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor with your esteemed “yoga group”. Thank you as well for your very kind & positive comments posted on Tripadvisor.

It was our pleasure to have you and your group staying with us and we all hope for many repetition visits in the future. The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for having selected our Resort for your yoga sessions and we are all looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island soon.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique, always sunny & spectacular Luxor.

cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went back there for a weekend again in middle of march. The reception lady was very nice. The room was comfortable as last time. This time, I tried to see birds there. Yes lots of birds !

Taxi from hotel is very reasonable. Also massage at spa was good.

The service at main restaurant was not so good this time somehow. I had to ask twice for a drink (I think the waiter forgot) and once the waiter took my drink away before I finished my dinner. If those things did not happen, I would rate excellent instead of very good ! But Another waiter apolozised kindly and explained that he was new. Also Elder ones (perhaps one of them was a manager?) were very nice and very professional so it was alright after all. I mean I had very nice time after all.

About food, they could be improved a bit although they are quite good. For instance, there was Indian night when I was there and Tandori Chicken just did not taste like tandri at all, in same time Duck with Ginger sauce was delicious !

Anyway, I am already thinking when I can go back there again. I cannot wait ! Now the hotel is my favourite in Egypt for relaxation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Worldtraveller1a from Cairo,

Thank you very much for having returned to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor this March once again and for your time to upload a review about our Resort on Tripadvisor!

I am sorry for the service confusion with one of our waiters, as in all the other departments’ as well in the food & beverage service we are giving trainees the chance to train their academically learned knowledge in the practice. These young people of course are no professionals “yet” and are just at the beginning of a career in tourism hence slight mistakes can happen. We call it learning by doing. I apologize.

With regards to the Tandoori Chicken on the Indian Night Buffet, our Executive Chef has already reworked the receipt as a similar comment came from two other clients. Next time it will be just perfect and we hope the taste finds the approval of our esteemed clients.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your visit and we are all looking very much forward to welcome you back home in Luxor in the hopefully not so far future!

I remain with.

Great Missenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had yet another great visit to our favourite hotel.
The staff throughout, from the gardeners to the Guest relations manager could not have tried harder to give us a pleasant and stress-free time.
I would like to mention Fthallah and his team at the Moga bar who were always attentive when we visited at lunch times.
Mr Umbricht -you have a great team.
Hope to see you again - En shalla

Dear Brewersfriend from Great Missenden UK,

Thank you very much for having stayed at our Resort once more this month of March and for your kind comments posted on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that again you had a great time on Kings Island and that you particularly enjoyed the service and food in our “Moga Bar” at the Horizon Pool by Mr. Fathalla who is the head waiter in charge of this outlet.

With regards to the “not so good” comment about our Zigolini Italian Restaurant because it was closed on Friday, we are sorry having forgotten to put the sign at the door. We close this outlet every Friday because we then have an Italian Buffet in our main Jolie Ville Restaurant hence it does not make much sense to have two Restaurants serving the same type of food. This way as well, we can send the entire Zigolini team to their well earned off day and have always the same team & standard available during the week.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your visit and we are all looking very much forward to welcome you back in Luxor in the not so far future..

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique, always sunny & spectacular Luxor.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We intended to stay a week at the Jolie Ville but we loved it so much, we ended up staying for 2 weeks. I can’t recommend Luxor or the Jolie Ville enough. It was safe, quiet and lovely. Local people even waved us to the front of the Luxor Airport’s passport checking queue with a chorus of ‘Welcome to Egypt! Welcome to Luxor!’ What a welcome! This was continued at the hotel where all the staff were friendly and helpful. We can’t wait to go back! It’s a good holiday for everyone – all ages, those interested in purely relaxing or those interested history and culture.

We travelled with our two children aged 8 and 4 and they were warmly welcomed. The fact the hotel’s beautiful gardens and pools are right on the Nile is the hotel’s highlight. It is incredibly relaxing and peaceful. The sunsets on the Nile are breathtaking. We stayed right at the far end of the hotel, in Block 6 which we really liked. We enjoyed walking through the gardens for our lunch and dinner or, if the kids felt tired, called for a golf cart. The rooms were huge and spotlessly cleaned every day. Ours was near the picturesque Horizon pool, with a great kids’ splash area and the lovely Moga bar where we lunched every day (or ordered room service). The bruschetta was amazing – very fresh garlic, onion, tomatoes and herbs grown in the hotel’s gardens).

Everywhere we ate was very good. The seafood and mushroom risottos were delicious at Zigolinis (which had very romantic terrace dining by the Nile which the kids also appreciated) and we enjoyed a meal at ‘La Fleur’ too. The buffet is very good value but if you want to eat less and save some money, the cheaper dishes at the other restaurants are a great option. We enjoyed a Movenpick ice-cream every day!

At the moment, the Fellah Tent is only on a Sunday. If you want a gentle trip down the Nile and then, back at the hotel’s tent, good food and a good laugh for a very good price, I’d highly recommend it. We especially liked the magician who looked so unpromising but was incredibly talented.

We were lucky to find an excellent guide with a new a/c van called Shaimaa Baheeg. She works for several of the tour companies. She was very knowledgeable, kind and great with the kids. I really appreciated her ability to get the hologram working at the Howard Carter museum and her knowledge at lesser-visited tombs in the Valley of the Artisans and Nobles (which are superior to those at the Valley of the Kings). She also took us, at our request, to see an alabaster shop and papyrus gallery. They were upmarket and gave fascinating little talks.

We are a well-travelled family who thoroughly enjoyed this visit. I hope you choose Luxor and the Jolie Ville for your next well-earned break!

Room Tip: We had ground floor, interconnected rooms in Block 6 - the new blocks further from the restaurants...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Groovy Traveller01 from Manama, Bahrain,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home whilst holidaying in Luxor. Thank you as well for your kind and elaborate comments about Luxor and our Resort posted on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you and your family had a great time in Luxor and the Resort over all, and that as well you liked our menu selection in the Resorts various food outlets.

Indeed, Luxor is very entertaining for the interested traveler who is looking for more than just party and sunshine. The tour local guides are all usually very professional and knowledgeable and it often makes sense to hire a private guide (which is not very expensive) that takes the time to answer all the questions and has in some occasions inside information where to find the “hidden treasures” of ancient Theben.

We look very much forward to welcome you and your family back home to Kings Island in the not so distant future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our 6th visit to the Island, and yet again I am raving about it. So close to so many of the stunning Temples (Karnak ,Luxor and Hatshepsut's ) and the Valley of the Kings and the Queens. The Island is an oasis of calm after a days sight seeing or an adventure in the Luxor Souk. Lovely to see the same local staff still working there and nothing is too much for them. It feels like a 2nd home to us and we will be saving hard to return hopefully next March. I've attached 3 photo's of the 3 beautiful pools - and no they are not photoshopped - I took the images with a 3 year old phone camera last week! Try the Island - you won't be disappointed :-)

Dear Sulyn Waddon from Manchester UK,

Thank you very much for your 6th visit to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for your posting on Tripadvisor including pictures of our 3 spectacular pools!

It’s just great for all of us to have so many extremely supporting “regulars” who are visiting their home year after year, especially during difficult times like now, when Luxor is suffering a lot for no real reason! All the troubles shown on TV in reality are 100ed’s of miles away and have absolutely nothing to do with Luxor.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you very much for your kind support and for your visit this March. We are all looking very much forward to welcome you back home in Luxor in the hopefully not so far future!

I remain with
Sunny regards from splendid Luxor

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Been to Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor? Share your experiences!