We have just been back to this hotel for a second time. Our stay was as wonderful as the last one, two years ago. The rooms are big, with enormous beds. Very very clean. The food was always varied and well presented. All of the staff were unerringly polite and cheerful. Which adds to the enjoyment of a stay there. I cannot recommend the Jolie Ville highly enough.
We didn't fancy going into Luxor, due to the aggressive selling techniques of the locals. I know they need to earn a living, but there are better ways to sell to tourists. We took a taxi out on two occasions, to see Egyptian life and birdlife. Brilliant and very cheap. On the second day in the taxi, we went to the West Bank. Again, a lovely trip. But the highlights of our week there, was going onto the River Nile with Ahmed, who is very knowledgeable about the birds of Egypt and makes great tea! He doesn't peddle his trips, which is a pity. In three trips out with him, we saw thousands of birds and whenever we wanted close up photos, he would turn off the engine and drift the boat right up to the birds. An amazing experience. If you go there, go out with him, for ten pounds an hour and tea thrown in, what more could you want? Breakfast in the sunshine, lunch in the sunshine and dinner under patio heaters if it's a bit chilly. The grounds are manicured and spotless. There is an army of gardeners keeping the place looking wonderful. Please go, it is a lovely experience.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.