“Beautiful Hotel with amazing Nile Views. Poor Wi-Fi and rude staff are downside”
Stayed on New Years Eve 31st December in Suite Facing Nile.
1) Fantastic Hotel : The hotel in itself is amazing, its very clean, on a separate island, very quiet and had everything on its facility. We really enjoyed the natural beauty on the island. There are small suites across the island and you are transported via a shuttle cart from reception. All of them are in garden and are suites. Our suite was in O14 was facing Nile and was very close to it. Every suite was well separated and privacy was good. Everywhere there were breathtaking views not just of Nile, but of beautiful gardens on the hotel premises. There are three swimming pools, we top dip in one of them. A health club, Spa, hair cut salon and even hospital. We used most of them and all of them were clean and great services. There are also three different restaurants on the site. The prices were on higher side though.
2) Suites: The suites were the best, we have stayed till now. They were spot clean, with fruits and cake to welcome us. There were two rooms, one bed and other for sofas and sitting areas, both of them had attached bathrooms. The bathrooms had both bath tub and shower alone, were spot clean. All free stuff was of great quality. Outside the rooms there were two lounging chairs where you can sit and watch the Nile river. We sat night outside in candle light, food and wine and celebrated new years, it was very romantic.
3) Food: Breakfast buffet was included in our stay and it was fantastic. We dined like kings and queens. Never had i seen so many different cuisines together. There were fresh fruits, American Bkfast, Egyptian/Medi Bkfast and all normal stuff. The food was very delicious as well. The staff in restaurant was very nice and helpful.
1) Wi-Fi: It was very poor, so poor that it took around 3-4 mins to open gmail. Skype chat was impossible to have.
2) High incidentals charges: They charged us EGP 10 for bucket of ice! Ridiculous! Also, it was new Years eve and they had Gala program, the entry fee for that was USD180 per person. Are you kidding me USD 180 is not even entry fees for top functions i attend in USA.
3) Rude Staff at reception. Ms Mariam was very rude and showed attitude continuously while check in. They passed rude comments and no smile at all. No welcome drinks for us .
Overall, great hotel to stay and have romantic an relaxing stay while you enjoy Antiquities at Luxor. Its nice escape, however if Wi-Fi can be improved and staff a little pleasant i would give it 5 Stars.
Choose Nile View Suite and ask in O Block.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
January 9, 2013
Dear N Mutyal from Evanston Illinois,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for having spent the 2012/13 New Year holiday at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to write a mostly positive report on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your compliments about the Island, the location & views’, the rooms and the food variety in our various Restaurants and Bars.
I am very sorry that we were unable to satisfy you on several other points, and believe me; we will do our utmost to overcome such negative points in order to be able to provide our esteemed clients with a better service and higher satisfaction grade.
I wished our WIFI connection would be faster too, welcome to Africa…. “Insha Allah” it will happen in the future when our main connection “copper cable” will be replaced by a fiber optic one.
With regards to the pricing of ice in our room service: it is mainly because selling food & beverages is one of a Hotels’ core businesses. If clients bring their own bottles of spirits from outside at least the Hotel can have a little profit on the drinks through the ice sales. This is very normal in Europe but probably unusual for American visitors as in the USA all hotels have ice cube machines on all the floors free of charge.
180.- USD per person for NY Eve Gala Dinner is a very normal price. Additional to the high cost for the prime food items which is used for this very special dinner, we had a 7 men Jazz Band from Germany, various shows, disco + decoration of the facilities all this costs money and is calculated in the total price.
For the unpleasant welcome by one of our front office staff members and the non delivery of a welcome drink upon your arrival there is no excuse and I am really very sorry for such. Your very justified comment will be discussed upon the next Rooms Division Meeting.
We are looking very much forward to welcome you again in the future (with a genuine smile and a special cocktail this time) on Kings Island and wish you all the very best for 2013!
I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & antique Luxor
Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.