Stayed on New Years Eve 31st December in Suite Facing Nile.
1) Fantastic Hotel : The hotel in itself is amazing, its very clean, on a separate island, very quiet and had everything on its facility. We really enjoyed the natural beauty on the island. There are small suites across the island and you are transported via a shuttle cart from reception. All of them are in garden and are suites. Our suite was in O14 was facing Nile and was very close to it. Every suite was well separated and privacy was good. Everywhere there were breathtaking views not just of Nile, but of beautiful gardens on the hotel premises. There are three swimming pools, we top dip in one of them. A health club, Spa, hair cut salon and even hospital. We used most of them and all of them were clean and great services. There are also three different restaurants on the site. The prices were on higher side though.
2) Suites: The suites were the best, we have stayed till now. They were spot clean, with fruits and cake to welcome us. There were two rooms, one bed and other for sofas and sitting areas, both of them had attached bathrooms. The bathrooms had both bath tub and shower alone, were spot clean. All free stuff was of great quality. Outside the rooms there were two lounging chairs where you can sit and watch the Nile river. We sat night outside in candle light, food and wine and celebrated new years, it was very romantic.
3) Food: Breakfast buffet was included in our stay and it was fantastic. We dined like kings and queens. Never had i seen so many different cuisines together. There were fresh fruits, American Bkfast, Egyptian/Medi Bkfast and all normal stuff. The food was very delicious as well. The staff in restaurant was very nice and helpful.
1) Wi-Fi: It was very poor, so poor that it took around 3-4 mins to open gmail. Skype chat was impossible to have.
2) High incidentals charges: They charged us EGP 10 for bucket of ice! Ridiculous! Also, it was new Years eve and they had Gala program, the entry fee for that was USD180 per person. Are you kidding me USD 180 is not even entry fees for top functions i attend in USA.
3) Rude Staff at reception. Ms Mariam was very rude and showed attitude continuously while check in. They passed rude comments and no smile at all. No welcome drinks for us .
Overall, great hotel to stay and have romantic an relaxing stay while you enjoy Antiquities at Luxor. Its nice escape, however if Wi-Fi can be improved and staff a little pleasant i would give it 5 Stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor