“Do it! Book!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Luxor
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Do it! Book!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We are here at the moment. I'm writing this from my sunbed at the side of the adults pool!

This place is great - why?
Great location, short transfer from the airport, fabulous weather, breathtaking views, amazing food (even for me, as a vegetarian), speedy and courteous service.

The venue is incredibly relaxed and whether you want a couples holiday or a family holiday then I can't recommend it enough.

The service around the pool is quick and polite, the lunches (served to your sunbed) are lovely and the tea/coffee and cake trolley in the afternoon is a lovely touch.

One small issue I have is the girls from the beauty rooms - they can pester a bit! I appreciate they want to drum up business but being asked everyday if you want a pedicure, manicure or scrub gets on your nerves a bit.

The rooms are very well positioned, spacious and clean and have a small fridge, tea and coffee facilities and a little terrace which is nice. The free wifi, in the rooms and around the pool is a huge plus.

I'm definitely coming back (February hopefully) so if you're thinking about booking then so - book it!

• Stayed January 2013
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Shaun D from Maidenhead UK,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Resort for your “mid winter holiday” and for having taken the time to write a “real time” review on Tripadvisor. It was very nice talking to you last night in the Jolie Ville main Restaurant during dinner time.

I am very happy you enjoy your stay at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and that you are satisfied with the services rendered as well as with the food selection offered for vegetarians.

I am sorry our “beauty salon ladies” are a bit too pushy selling their services around the pools. I will inform their manager today to not to be a pest and show a little more understanding for clients who not interested in their service.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday on our little island, and please let me/us know if there is anything else we can do to make your most important days of the year even more relaxing? The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your visit and we are allready looking forward to welcome you back home in February!

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just had our fourth visit to Jolie Ville, Luxor and once again, it was just what the doctor called for. The resort is away from the bustle of Luxor, but not so far that you can't enjoy all there is to do and see. Shuttles are available, but taxis are inexpensive and always available. It's also nice to support the locals, if you can. We used the same driver for a number of excursions - which was great. He took us to town, to the Valley of the Kings, the airport and became a one week friend.

As for the hotel, with three great swimming pools (the adults only is very peaceful and the infinity pool beautiful, great for those with kids), two good restaurants including the wonderful breakfast buffet and the possibility to dine outside in the morning, some might be tempted to spend all of their time at the hotel. Don't - Luxor has too much to offer, too much to mention here, though I will mention the hot air balloon rides available through HodHod in the hotel lobby. Do it! You will not regret it! Just do it!
Hotel also has free wifi throughout.

But please don't tell anyone about this place - don't want it too overrun, do we.

Room Tip: Nile view is on offer, not always worth the extra cents as views are limited and rooms near the pool...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Amsterdam Fraser from Amsterdam NL,

Thank you very much for having spent your recent holiday back home at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having sent a small but very positive report to Tripadvisor.

I am glad we could comply with your holiday expectations in the Resort and that you have enjoyed not only our little island but as well the great things there are to be seen in and around Luxor. I fully agree on your the balloon ride opinion, it’s for sure an unforgettable moment when the sun comes up over the eastern desert, sending it’s first golden beams towards the fantastic temple of Hatshepsut, truly a magical moment.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for your visit and we are all looking very much forward to welcome you back in Luxor in the not so far future.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a wonderful antidote to the English winter! The Nile location is idyllic,offering lazy days spent on the poolside sunbeds with a good book, overlooking the West Bank. The luxurious and varied dining options make it unnecessary to stir far, the staff were charming and unfailing helpful, and the accommodation comfortable and efficient. We came home feeling very cosseted, and ready for Christmas. We loved it so much, we have been tempted to return for another quick visit in a week's time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Trina F from Surrey,

Thank you very much for having visited the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island last December and for having taken the time to support us with your kind report on Tripadvisor.

Luxor climate and temperature is indeed the perfect antidote for ANY European winter time and just perfect for visiting all the different temples, tombs and ancient sites…. but not only!

I am happy that we could please your palate with our menu selection in the different outlets and that you enjoyed the services rendered by our team.

A very good idea is to come back next week already! Please let us know if you have any particular room request so we could block it for you.
We are all looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island!

Sunny regards from unique Luxor

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Actually I have been There many times because I consider this place the best to spend a holiday in my country,Egypt.But during my last stay in this hotel while attending a medical event headed by professor Dr Mohssen Ibrahim,he said "it is the best place in the world".My daughter " Sara",always,say the same thing about this resort.This marvelous island, beyond imagination, mediates the great Nile stream in the upper Egypt near to Luxor. Here, you can breath the same air,hear the same sounds and see the same views that the ancient egyptians had , without pollution and noises of modern life.The hotel had been renewed and some parts added.The rooms are clean,the furniture is luxury,the room service is good ,the staff is friendly welcoming and cooperative with easy check in and out process .the food is excellent in the main restaurant on the immortal River Nile watching sunset and surrounded by the birds and plants of the island.Also, we enjoyed an unprecedented funny Nile cruise.Finally, I and my family always plan to have a nice time in this marvelous resort and I recommend others to do so.

Room Tip: Suites and rooms near the Nile are better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Omaq_doc from Cairo Egypt,

Thank you very much for returning time after time to Luxor and to the Maritim Jolie Ville on Kings Island and for having made our Resort your home in Upper Egypt.

You say the very same as many others of our esteemed clients, Kings Island is just a magical place where one can dive in ancient Egyptian history and culture just by sitting at the shores of the longest river of this planet, closing your eyes and listening …….

I am very pleased to read in your revue on Tripadvisor, for which I thank you very much, that you have enjoyed not only the setting and the amenities of the hotel but that you as well recommend the friendly and attentiveness of our team members and the quality of the food that is prepared in our various outlets.

I remain wishing you an excellent 2013 and look forward welcoming you back home soon.
Sunny regards from unique & peaceful Luxor

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to this excellent hotel. The food, especially at Zigolini, was wonderful and all the staff were extremely helpful.

The Maritim Jolie Ville is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the great birdlife that Kings Island offers.

It was very easy to get into town and back throughout the stay and I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed January 2013
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Zamalek 123 from Cairo Egypt,

Thank you very much for your 2nd visit to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor with the WWW.

A returning client is always the best and most assuring compliment we can get, thank you very much! I am very pleased you enjoyed the “Zigolini” Italian Restaurant which we opened last year in March to have another exciting food outlet our esteemed clients can choose from.

We are all looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island in 2013!

Sunny regards from unique Luxor

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I spent a week at this hotel over the Christmas holiday. We really enjoyed our time and it's a great relaxing base for exploring the city and sights of Luxor, which are amazing but hectic.

Some here have described that hotel at the "height of luxury" and I think this is a bit of a stretch, but the food was good, the rooms immaculately clean, and the staff was helpful and friendly, which are all the important things that I look for in a hotel experience. The hotel is also very kid-friendly and our little ones enjoyed it immensely.

As always, a few things could be better -- even the heated children's pool was pretty cold and it would be ideal if there was a smaller warmer one that the kids could swim in as the only pool warm enough for swimming was for adults only. There was also some confusion in communication a few times. These issues were very minor, though, compared to the overall experience.

Room Tip: We had a suite that overlooked the Nile. It was nice, but my guess is that the newer numbered two s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear N Stark from Michigan USA,

Thank you very much for having spent last Christmas with your family at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island, and for having taken the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our Resort and that you were pleased with the food, rooms and general services. I am sorry if there were some communication confusions; unfortunately not all of my team members are 100% solid in English language, which sometimes can lead to slight misunderstandings. We are trying to get better with a full time English teacher on site.

I wished we had a smaller children pool too, especially during cold winter nights the 2800 square meters infinity pool is very difficult to keep on temperature. A separate smaller pool would as well use much less oil for heating. (I know there are other heating means as well but unfortunately we do not have them, yet).

Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Firstly reassurance for anyone worried about the unrest in Egypt.
Luxor is trouble free, and has been throughout the two years of unrest which has affected other parts of Egypt.
The hotel is located on an island in the middle of the Nile, a short £2 taxi ride, or free hotel bus ride from the centre of Luxor.
Everyone on the island is a guest or hotel employee so felt extremely safe.
Hotel very quiet for this time of year, I would guess occupancy rate as low as 25%, due to visitors being put off by reports of trouble in the news.
Three swimming pools, two large, one small adult only. No need to leave a towel on a sunbed, as there were 4 or 5 sunbeds for each guest available.
Three restaurants available in the evening, a main buffet one, Italian, and our favourite a French style restaurant, La Fluer.
La Fluer provides exceptional high quality french cuisine.
If you are going to eat at the hotel, best value are 3, 5 or 6 night packages available at the reception.
Staff fantastic, very friendly, can't do enough for you. Rooms spotless, air conditioning worked perfectly.
If you plan on getting around I would suggest hiring a taxi. There are very reasonable set prices for most places of interest available from the reception. Alternatively, if you want to do your own thing, agree a price with a taxi driver, who is usually happy to take you around anywhere locally for £10 a half day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear OxfordTim from Oxford UK,

Thank you very much for your positive review posted on Tripadvisor and for having selected the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island to be your home during your December Luxor holiday!

Thank you especially for mentioning how safe and easy going Luxor is these days despite of the “troubles” in Cairo, which is about 700km away!

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for having stayed with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back on Kings Island in the near future. We all are wishing you a very happy and prosperous 2013.

Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Been to Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor? Share your experiences!