“Oasis in Luxor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 57 hotels in Luxor
London, United Kingdom
“Oasis in Luxor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I would give this hotel 5 stars except for the reception staff. Unfortunately, they were not very helpful at times and refused to make change when asked. We needed the change to tip the staff.

But the food, the location and the rest of the staff were excellent. I am so glad that we found this little oasis.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow facing the Nile.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Dbtfan81 from London UK,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for your kind and positive comments posted on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry we could not meet up to your expectation with our money exchange service and the friendliness of our employees at the reception desk. I think I must take over the blame onto myself as I gave the instruction to them to handle the money exchange after the bank, which used to do this in our hotel in the past, had left some 2 months ago because of “low business” (Banks seem to have the same attitudes everywhere in the world!). This new task put a lot of stress & pressure upon my FO team members because they obviously had to make sure they made not losses and if they made some they had to cover for it.

Because of this unhappy situation I have now decided to employ somebody new who is especially responsible for the money exchange alone. I just hope I will not face any challenges with the local authorities because we have no license to change money. At the same time I need to give this service to our clients. “Vive la Revolution”!

The entire Jolie Ville Team wishes you a very happy festive season and a perfect start into the New Year 2013 and hope to be able to welcome you back on Kings Island soon.

With sunny regards from splendid Luxor

1,666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

my partner, my son who is 8 and myself stayed at Maritim Jolie ville for 2 weeks, the best holiday ever, nothing at all to fault. We can't wait to go again.
Our favourite restaurant on the resort was Zigolini. but others were excellent too!
Everybody was so friendly and the staff couldn't do any more for you.
Joanne Heeraman

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Joanne 1963 from Guernsey UK,

Thank you very much for having trusted the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your “caravanserai” in Luxor during your 2 week holiday this December. Thank you as well for having taken the time to write a short review on Tripadvisor about your impressions of our Resort in the middle of the Nile

I am happy to read that you, your partner and your son have enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered especially inside our Italian Osteria the “Zigolini”. We are looking very much forward welcoming you back on Kings Island in the hopefully no so far future.

Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2013, I remain with
Sunny regards from splendid Luxor

Kandy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spent a week here in December. Very well run hotel, staff efficient and very pleasant. We asked to change our room to one with more sunshine and the reception staff, in particular Mariana, were very helpful and gracious and it, was all sorted immediately. The grounds were lovely, room to walk or jog around the island if you wish. As we were only on a bed and breakfast basis I can only say that breakfast was superb, eating on the terrace overlooking the Nile was a treat. I dont think I would like the size of the dining room for dinner....it looked a bit institutional, but I'm sure the food was good. Another plus was that the taxi fares from the hotel were fixed and that cut out a lot of hassle. Hassle is the name of the game in town, so few tourists, so many caléche drivers!! Would stay here again, happily.

Dear Eithne E from Kandy,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island for your December 2012 Luxor holiday and for having taken the time to write your experiences about our Island Resort to Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that you have especially appreciated the Front Office service granted by Mariana and the fact that the Taxi fares are set up (actually a one way trip to town is Euro 2,5 per Taxi!) in advance and don’t need to be negotiated.

As we have 650 room spread over 660’000 square meters of hotel grounds, our dining room must have a certain dimension. Of course when it is empty is seems not to be very cozy but one filled up with clients, live and good food, it’s a total different story.

For clients who like it a bit more intimate, one can have a nice dinner at our French a la carte Restaurant the “La Fleur” or a bit more casual at the “Zigolini” a Italian Osteria type of outlet. Smokers can dine and smoke at the “Ascot Bar” outside on the “Sherazade Terrace” or the “Zigolini Terrace”. Romantics can book a private dinner anywhere on the island or in one of our special “Pavilions”.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is wishing you all the very best for the new Year and we are all hoping having the pleasure to welcome you back on Kings Island one fine day in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We just returned from our trip to Luxor late last night and, having spent seven nights at Maritim Jolie Ville (Kings Island), I can honestly say that my family (me, my wife and my 2 year old daughter) had a brilliant, brilliant time at this hotel and we cannot emphasise how good this place is....

From the moment we walked in on our first day, the reception team were welcoming and this theme continued for the rest of our time there. Indeed, the management team themselves took time out whenever they met us in the reception area to make sure that our stay was a good one and they were there in person to say goodbye to us. We booked out a comfort room-type bungalow and it was kept immaculate by the cleaning staff throughout our stay.

However, the team I want to reserve special praise for is the restaurant team (with Mohamed as the Head Chef and Rabea as the manager) - they facilitated for the fact that my wife does not eat eggs by making eggless pastries for her for the seven days we had breakfast there, and my daughter was treated like a princess by the staff (who looked after her so well with fruit juices, gifts, etc) for the whole period. Chef Sayed made the best omelettes for me and the other guests at the hotel and catered for everyone's needs.

The final thing I would like to mention is the freedom and safety that my daughter experienced at the hotel. Everyone is very friendly and I got to know everyone on first name terms (a 'salaam' to the staff shows your respect for them and goes a long way) - my daughter was able to walk around the hotel freely and we were in the comfort that everyone knew whose daughter she was - this is something you could never do in Europe or the US. Our daughter had the most beaming smile during her stay and we cannot thank the staff enough for allowing her to experience this happiness!!

Overall, as you can see, we have had a brilliant experience of Maritim Jolie Ville (Kings Island) and, in my opinion, having travelled round Luxor and seen the other hotels, I would give this hotel the title of being the undisputed number one in the area!

The Vithlani family

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Anup V from London UK,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home whilst holidaying in Luxor over Christmas and for having so nicely described our Resort the services rendered on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read that your daughter has approved as well on the Jolie Ville and that maybe we have found a new member of “the next generation” regular guest in her?

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back on Kings Island and wish you in the mean time a very happy and joyful festive season and a perfect start into the New Year 2013.

With sunny regards from spectacular Luxor were winters do not happen……

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Jolie Ville enjoys a fabulous and setting on Kings Island outside Luxor, and staying here is a peaceful dream. The hotel is laid out in a vast garden with wonderful trees and flowers. Cattle and camels graze om the river banks, birdlife is abundant, and the river of rivers is just there. Rooms with a NILE VIEW come at a premium, but you will not regret. Food and service in the restaurants is very good, too! The restaurants' premises may not be excitingly stylish, but on the whole, this is unsignificant. Just sign up for a week here!

Room Tip: Nile view!
Dear Thomas J form Oslo Norway,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review posted on Tripadvisor and for having selected the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home for your Christmas holiday 2012

It is with pleasure that I learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay on our little island, particularly the vast fauna, flora and the serene set up of the Hotel along majestic river Nile, live source of so many thousands of people in Africa.

Thank you as well for your compliments on our food quality and variety I will gladly forward them to our kitchen team.

The entire Jolie Ville Team is thanking you for having stayed with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back on Kings Island in the near future. Wishing you all the very best for the new Year.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor

Bognor Regis England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We returned for a 2nd time in November this year for a two week stay.
When you return somewhere where you have happy memories there is always a concern that you will be disappointed. This hotel just gets better. The hotel is exceptionally well run. The General Manager Mr. Urs Umbricht moves among his guests and staff with absolute ease and calmness.
The hotel has an Italian Restaurant, the food, ambiance and care taken by the staff could not be bettered. Our special thanks to our waiter Atito.
All the staff at the hotel whether they be gardners, waiters , housekeeping, recreational team all just want one thing and that is for you to be comfortable happy and having a fantastic time.
These are clearly troubled times in Egypt which the people in Luxor and at this hotel do not deserve. We have stayed now at this Hotel for 3 weeks in the last 2 years and have never ever felt threatened by the troubles you read about. Kings Island is simply paradise.
We will be back next year, the people, the weather and the setting all combine to make this a fabulous place to go for a holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Ian B from Bognor Regis UK,

Thank you very much for having visited the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor last November for the 2nd time and for your kind and positive comments posted on Tripadvisor.

Indeed there are troubled ( - economical) times in Egypt and in Luxor, but only with regards to the missing visitors who refrain to come to Upper Egypt because of what is happening 700 km away in Cairo. The actual situation otherwise in and around Luxor is as calm as can be (as always) and we hope to be able to welcome more clients from all over to visit this spectacular part of the world very soon.

The entire Jolie Ville Team wishes you a very happy festive season and a perfect start into the New Year 2013.

With sunny regards from splendid Luxor

Sandiway, Cheshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Just arrived home after a magnificent week at Jolie Ville King's Island. We agree wholeheartedly with all the praise in other feedbacks, with no ifs or buts at all.
All we can add is our special thanks to Mahmoud on his felucca 'Papyrus'. He's always at the Jolie Ville jetty in front of the main restaurant ready to take two to five passengers, as you wish, for a 1 hour to 4 hour sailing trip on the river. Sailing or bird watching or both, it's a delight, as gentle as can be and suitable for all ages. With comfy cushions and an awning for hotter days you'll travel the Nile like a pharoah.

Charges are very reasonable and are published on a board at the jetty. If there's no breeze to sail Mahmoud will say so and won't take your money, but if there is he'll grin broadly, help you step on board, and so begins a wonderful hour or few of your holiday. There's a motor launch option, handy for fishing or bird watching or a cruise when there's no wind.
Thanks Mahmoud, we hope to see you next year. Barry and Ave.

Room Tip: Standard 'Comfort' rooms are excellent. With so much to do around the island we didn't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Barry E from Sandiway Cheshire UK,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island once again this December and for your positive Tripadvisor write up about the Resort, which is highly appreciated.

I personally will let “Mahmoud the sailor” know about your praise’s for him and that you enjoyed the felucca sailing with him very much.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island in the not so far future, and remain wishing you a splendid festive season and already a perfect start into the new year.

Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor at the majestic river Nile.

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Been to Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor? Share your experiences!