Just arrived home after a magnificent week at Jolie Ville King's Island. We agree wholeheartedly with all the praise in other feedbacks, with no ifs or buts at all.
All we can add is our special thanks to Mahmoud on his felucca 'Papyrus'. He's always at the Jolie Ville jetty in front of the main restaurant ready to take two to five passengers, as you wish, for a 1 hour to 4 hour sailing trip on the river. Sailing or bird watching or both, it's a delight, as gentle as can be and suitable for all ages. With comfy cushions and an awning for hotter days you'll travel the Nile like a pharoah.
Charges are very reasonable and are published on a board at the jetty. If there's no breeze to sail Mahmoud will say so and won't take your money, but if there is he'll grin broadly, help you step on board, and so begins a wonderful hour or few of your holiday. There's a motor launch option, handy for fishing or bird watching or a cruise when there's no wind.
Thanks Mahmoud, we hope to see you next year. Barry and Ave.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.