I don't have much to add to other reviews here. The property is immaculate, modern and very clean. Breakfast is excellent, as are the poolside options at lunch (egyptian staples such as shawerma are great) and - a real rarity - a reasonably priced and tasty room service menu. The buffet isn't great value if you don't take it as part of the half board but would be fine on the half board option if you didn't want to go into Luxor. The Italian, however, does really excellent pizzas. Most of the staff are very polite, and very helpful, and things like the shuttle bus and fixed price taxis do encourage you to get out and about.
Why not perfect? On our third day, we received notice that the pool closest to us would be shutting for three days because of 'urgent technical challenges'. As the pools were quite chilly when we arrived, but by the last day we were there were clearly being heated, we presumed something had gone wrong when they tried to turn the heating on! Four days after the notice, the pool was not re-open again, and there was some confusion amongst the staff about when it would be (or if it was or not). There was a good effort to ensure enough space by other pools, but the pool staff were generally not quite as attentive and helpful as in other areas of the hotel.
This shouldn't put anyone off but I feel obliged to mention it - clearly the hotel has no 'off season' so things like this will happen from time to time. Still, at the prices currently available it is phenomenally good value and a very strong choice for people keen to see the sights of ancient Thebes without being trapped in 'hassle central' in Luxor itself.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor Hotel
- Jolie Ville Luxor
- Movenpick Luxor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled upon the private "Kings Island" in the Nile that covers 660,000 sqm, the resort truly is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The idyllic, landscaped hotel grounds are expansive and home to the two main buildings, bungalows and three enticing swimming pool areas. The historic sights of Luxor, located only 4 kilometres from the hotel, can be easily reached by complimentary shuttle buses. The island is connected to the mainland only by a bridge and is virtually free of charge. This makes the resort an ideal location for families with children. The resort has been renovated in 2010 and extended by 320 rooms and suites in 10 elegant bungalows, new restaurants, a pool of 2,800 sqm in size and a SPA with fitness centre (from early-sommer 2011). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Olotels, EasyToBook, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.