• Karnak Mercure Resort (Sofitel) outstanding fantastic hotel 7* service, food and grounds
• Our truly truly amazing Egyptologist guide for 3+ days around some of the many absolutely staggering and stunningly beautiful historical sites. It was a real honour to travel around with an absolute mind blowing mind field of outstanding knowledge with a real passion for Egyptology that just shines through and whose English is far better than mine! Highly highly recommended, please feel free to drop me a message and I will very gladly put you in touch. The sites and our learning experience of the history in Luxor would not have been as close to magical as it was or truly truly appreciate the places we visited as much as we did without him
• The from their heart amazing, kind, really really friendly Egyptian people we had the privilege and real pleasure to spend time with
Karnak Mercure Resort (Sofitel)
We felt so relaxed from the moment we arrived. The hotel grounds are very spacious and beautiful, the food really fantastic and staff 7*. Cleanliness of the hotel, pools and rooms faultless. The bedding was exceptional (possibly being Egyptian cotton?!) and mattresses better than mine at home! Slept so well here. The swimming pools are immaculate.
We went for all inclusive just for ease. If we could bring the late afternoon/evening chef back home with us, we would have, a real gentleman (we didn’t really see the morning chef because we slept a little late!). Mumma mia, what an amazing chef, the fish and meat always always delicious and fresh, fresh vegetables and rice all cooked to absolute perfection every time. The salad was so so fresh, I couldn’t resist and didn’t have any troubles at all. Always a great selection of breads and sweets too. Breakfast there is more than you could ever ask for, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, freshly cooked omelettes of your choice, fried/boiled eggs, sausages and fresh juice.
Very very generous with measures! Always found ourselves asking for less alcohol (and that’s coming from someone that does like the occasional nice strong drink!) and staff so so friendly.
The staff are so so welcoming and from the heart happy and friendly. Always more than happy to help with absolutely anything. But never so much so that you find it invades your personal time and space, just perfect. Reception always helpful and very very friendly, the restaurant staff always happy, polite, very friendly and helpful, the chef AMAZING! The life guards around the pool always smiling and so friendly and helpful and a really lovely gentleman that works in the Jacuzzi, sauna and gym area.
Valley of the Kings, Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, Temple of Hatshepsut, hot air balloon over Valley of the Kings and various souqs and coffee shops, (all highly recommended)
Set away from main road behind secure gate manned 24 hours by security
To enjoy the stunning history here, highly recommend our guide
Try to take some small Egyptian pound notes (for small tips)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the east bank of the majestic Nile in one of the most exciting & intriguing settings, Karnak Resort Luxor lets you experience the timeless & exotic beauty of Luxor, 6 km from the city center,18 km from the Luxor international airport, 3 km from the glorious Karnak Temple. Savor the wide selection of fine cuisines at our main restaurant or a-la-carte restaurant "O'Nile". Discover ancient history at your doorstep in any of our 347 rooms& suites or enjoy the vast leisure facilities the hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Luxor Karnak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel