I have nothing but fond memories of this hotel. A peaceful oasis on the banks of the Nile with beautifully manicured gardens and friendly attentive staff.
The rooms are not quite five star by European standards but clean and functional. Similarly, the self service restaurant offered a fairly limited choice of fairly repetitive dishes. One notable exception was the standard of pastries which was usually very good.
Everything else about the hotel is first class. It’s a place to wind down and relax rather than anything else. Apart from the historical sites in the vicinity, there is little else to do. A shuttle service into town is available but Luxor doesn’t have much to offer and the locals tend to hassle tourists excessively.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel
- Accor Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak
- Luxor Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located on the east bank of the majestic Nile in one of the most exciting & intriguing settings, Sofitel Karnak lets you experience the timeless & exotic beauty of Luxor, 6 km from the city center,18 km from the Luxor international airport, 3 km from the glorious Karnak Temple. Savor the wide selection of fine cuisines at our main restaurant or a-la-carte restaurant "O'Nile". Discover ancient history at your doorstep in any of our 347 rooms& suites or enjoy the vast leisure facilities the hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Karnak Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.