We stayed here for the first time w/c 20th February and loved it. We would definitely return because we were so well looked after and felt that it is a great base to visit all the historical sites on offer.
Luxor and the surrounding area is suffering because of lack of tourists but we never felt threatened or worried and Tour Companies would not allow clients to go if it was deemed to be dangerous. The tragedy of the balloon deaths should not stop people visiting this area as there is so much to see and do.
We enjoyed the breakfasts, although I have had better choices in many other hotels but the 'egg station' was brilliant - especially the made to order crepes! Lunch and dinner was also of a good standard with plenty of variety and the Calamari was exceptional! Even the wine which was served in the all inclusive offer, was very palatable. Cocktails too, were good, but I didn't find a non alcoholic one to my taste..... Way too sweet and sickly - Hardly anything to complain about!
The beds were extremely comfortable with super pillows and quality bed linen (as in any Sofitel I've stayed in) and the rooms were comfortable and clean.
On the 'downside', the bathroom was becoming a little shabby, but the shower was great with plenty of hot water and more quality towels.
The pool was a really good size with a separate area for children, but the whole area needs resurfacing - this would be a huge and expensive task and I'm sure the the lack of cash flow to the Hotel is a factor. Just take care as you walk around the pool area.
Staff ensure you have towels for your sun beds and will bring you a drink as long as they have the staff to do so. Our Pool Barman was 'run off his feet' at times, but was always smiling.
It is not necessary to tip to get good service, but it is certainly appreciated in these hard times - just a small amount is sufficient - £1 sterling/or Egyptian pound is gratefully received.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak
- Luxor Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located on the east bank of the majestic Nile in one of the most exciting & intriguing settings, Sofitel Karnak lets you experience the timeless & exotic beauty of Luxor, 6 km from the city center,18 km from the Luxor international airport, 3 km from the glorious Karnak Temple. Savor the wide selection of fine cuisines at our main restaurant or a-la-carte restaurant "O'Nile". Discover ancient history at your doorstep in any of our 347 rooms& suites or enjoy the vast leisure facilities the hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, HotelsClick and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Karnak Resort Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.