just returned from a xmas week at the Sofitel Karnak...as previous reviews state it is tired in places and not a patch on the Sofitel we saw at Gatwick, more a good 4* but it is immaculately clean! The food is of good quality but the choice is quite limited at the evening meal, breakfast had a very good choice.Handy courtesy bus and boat but a taxi is only 25 EP (£2.50) to the centre of Luxor. Grounds are very well kept and right on the Nile.The pool have 3 lifeguards on duty(a rare sight abroad) and are very helpful at getting you a sunbed.Generally the staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble and a credit to the hotel. We were a little put out that to have a Xmas dinner on Xmas Eve we had to pay a supplement of 250EP (£25) each which we were told would be served in the a la carte restaurant but in the end was in the usual large rather noisy dining room. Mediocre entertainment at the dinner, hotel singer put "trance" music on deafeningly loud during the meal which we complained about and which was swiftly dealt with.The managers are totally on the ball and treat you like VIPs. I agree with the comments about the hotel shop...very fairly priced and good quality and no hassle! We bought several items from there. I had a pedicure which lasted an hour and a half...amazing for £15...you wouldnt get that in the UK!! Only groans from us are :the indoor smoking...the main bar in the evening is fairly small and gets very smoky,the mini bar is only stoked with free water, canned drinks have to be paid for even on A/I and a cake we ordered for my sons 21st birthday never materialised!!!
We used JOLLEYS office to book our trips, we used them on our previous visit to Luxor 4 years ago and they were amazing...their office is by the Winter Palace Hotel...they will do you a great deal if you are booking a few trips, their guides are top class,pick ups were on time and no rush to get you back to the hotel should you want a minor detour somewhere else!
PLEASE EVERYONE......GO TO LUXOR!!!!...there is no danger and the locals are really suffering as a result of the events in Cairo scaring all the tourists off.They are lovely people who are so welcoming,you are seriously missing out!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak Luxor
- Sofitel Karnak
- Luxor Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located on the east bank of the majestic Nile in one of the most exciting & intriguing settings, Sofitel Karnak lets you experience the timeless & exotic beauty of Luxor, 6 km from the city center,18 km from the Luxor international airport, 3 km from the glorious Karnak Temple. Savor the wide selection of fine cuisines at our main restaurant or a-la-carte restaurant "O'Nile". Discover ancient history at your doorstep in any of our 347 rooms& suites or enjoy the vast leisure facilities the hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Otel and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Karnak Resort Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.